It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 9th Dimension Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
So we had this discussion at work a little while back about what is the fourth dimension. My thought was that the fourth dimension is just another focal point behind an object eliminating the need for line of sight. Other explanation was that time is the fourth dimension. Time to me is irrelevant, and has no bearing on dimensions. If you see something at one point in time, then travel to a different point in time then your still seeing things in 3D. In my opinion Einstien was wrong in this aspect.

Another explanation was actually more interesting. 1D is defined as a straight line as the X axis, giving an object length. 2D is defined as a line perpendicular to the other as the Y axis, giving the object height. 3D is defined as a line perpendicular to those lines as the Z axis, giving the object depth. Now 4D is defined as a line perpendicular to those lines. If you look at a 3D graph it's pretty hard to comprehend and figure where to put that line. There is actually drawing of a 4D square on the internet that really strange looking. This is how they came up with string and later on M-therory. M-therory pisses me off but that is a different topic.

Now my focal point therory. I explained it as looking at a coffee cup with the handle out of sight. If you look at the cup you'd think you'd know the exact dimensions of the cup. But then when you move around you'd see there is a handle there and have to incorporate the handle into the total dimensions of the cup. So 4D to me is while looking at a 3D object you also have another eye behind the object looking back encompassing the entire object. So in a way if a mirror was behind everything you look at you would be seeing in 4D technically.

Now for 6D, I skipped 5 because it makes more sense to say 6.1 and 6.2. 6D for me would be the sides of the object, add eyes to the left and right of the object looking directly at it. And 8D would be the top and bottom with 8.1 and 8.2. Now 9D is completly different. If you remember the X, Y, and Z axis where those lines intersect you would have another all seeing eye. That eye would be looking inside the object through all directions at the same time.

So that is my therory on the explanations of dimensions. Dimensions after that I guess would be light spectrums like UV, IR, Xray, and countless others that we don't even know. Even though 9D would technically be Xray.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Sounds interesting, however what you are saying that the higher dimensions only are different ways of observing the object. So what is the difference between a 3D cup and a 6D cup? Would it be you having more eyes?

[edit on 11-4-2007 by Wizard_1988]

[edit on 11-4-2007 by Wizard_1988]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You may find this interesting....

Imagining the 10th Dimension

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Interesting.

Though...how is the light spectrum different dimensions? It kind of goes against what you said.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Here is a crude drawing of my concept. The circle thing is your eyeball looking at the object, while the lines show line of sight. Just imagine the cup on top of the 9th dimension point.

I added light spectrums to the higher dimensions because I based my theory on sight. I added all the different points to see an object with our basic vision, then only thing left was light spectrums. That 10th dimension video was very interesting. It actually explained as to why time could possibly be the 4th dimension. By the way, string theory has nothing to do with dimensions. M-theory does though, but they needed the 11th dimension.

M-Theory
vids.myspace.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
You're confusing planes with the mechanics of vision. Light is just electromagnetic radiation, nothing really dimensional there. You already accounted for what you're talking about with what you described.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Times is not dimensional either, unless you think about the lower dimensions like in the video posted by Prote. Good point though Johnmike. I'll exclude dimesions after nine next time I explain this theory. Especially since they aren't relevant to my main point.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hm... How would you define time then?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
"Dimensions" in terms of M-Theory don't have anything to do with our traditional definition of the word beyond the first three.

And String Theory does involve dimensions - The main difference between M-Theory and String Theory is that the former includes "branes" to unify the five different types of String Theory. Edward Witten was the one who introduced M-Theory to the physics world as an extension of String.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

It amuses me that 3rd dimensional beings try to perceive the conciousness of an evolved existance,

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Talonhumper

Your model works. I think it goes a little further, with 10d being the all encompassing view of all these dimensions simultaneously, and 11d being the context within which all this exists as well as being the 1d of the next set.

I do like your model. Though my experience is limited academically in dimension theories, I found it very original and insightful.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Talonhumper

I am sorry but I think you are probably wrong.

You think time is irrelevant because you are thinking of it as moving in one direction; forward and linear.

Time does not move forward, we percieve time as moving forward because we are 3 dimensional beings.

Try to picture what you were doing 5 minutes ago; the exact position you were in (like a freeze frame). Now freeze right now and think about the position you are in. Now think of all the freeze frames of every second in between the past 5 minutes, and you should see over 300 freezes of you in a SLIGHTLY different position. In your mind, it should appear as a long tube of you (or a timeline).

If you are thinking about the concept properly, you can go from there and Einstein's logic will be a touch clearer to you.

Unless you think that you are right and that you've just outsmarted Eintstein, you will be smacking yourself in the forehead.

Google "Imaging the 10th Dimension" for a better explanation.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by verbal kint

I believe there is a personal dimension for every spec of energy in this universe(i.e even my computer has its own dim). That would explain why there are infinite dimensions. So your theory of the 10th dim is futile and useless. Because it dosen't in with 10, and we're not in the 10th. So in other words, who cares!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
im a fan of that imagining the tenth dimension video, and ive tryed to conceptualize the higher dimensions for a while, ive explained thigns to friends and blown minds, i love this stuff

in the second dimension, living on a piece of paper for example, you see in one dimension, if it were possible to construct and ocular device, which you cant in the 2nd dimension, alright, so you're in the 2nd dimension, all that you would see, is lines, lines lines lines, if you were in a circle, you could not escape that circle unleeeeeesss you go UP and over the circle, a 3rd dimensional being could pick you up, and put you outside of the circle, and to your friends youd just disappear and all of a sudden be outside the circle

i explain this using the 2nd dimension, because as 3rd dimensional beings, its pretty ahrd for us to conceptualize the 4th one, ifyou take that same scenario, except make it a solid sphere, or a jail cell, then theoretically a 4thdimensional being could take you and move you outside of the enclosed space, and youd jsut disappear and reappear outside of it

ive tried imagining another direction, but i cant do it, its ridiculously hard to try and force yourself to think of another direction, i dont think its possible to actually know how the next one would work until we ran some tests

keep in mind, this is a 4th spacial dimension, not time

also, try this, imaging you're a 4thdimensional being, you woudlnt have eyes like we know them, but try to think of this, you exist i nthe 4th dimension, and when you look at a cup i nthe third dimension, YOU SEE ALL SIDES OF IT AT ONCE

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by The-Tyrant
reply to post by verbal kint

I believe there is a personal dimension for every spec of energy in this universe(i.e even my computer has its own dim). That would explain why there are infinite dimensions. So your theory of the 10th dim is futile and useless. Because it dosen't in with 10, and we're not in the 10th. So in other words, who cares!

you're a moron

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talonhumper
Time to me is irrelevant, and has no bearing on dimensions. If you see something at one point in time, then travel to a different point in time then your still seeing things in 3D. In my opinion Einstien was wrong in this aspect.

i agree with this point, but i think einstein was getting at A fourth dimension, the First of time and the Fourth all together, the first dimension of time is a striaght line, one time line, the second would be a bunch of timelines and you can intersect with them, Multiple Worlds Theory, yo ucan cross over to other timelines, in other words, left and right in the second dimension of time, and the third dimension of time, something like goign up and down like in spacial 3D, i guess up and down in time would be a different universe, if you have a universe and youconsider it like a sphere and all the different timelines flying out of it makign it look like a spikey ball, then the next step is to go to another spikey ball, hence other universe, with different laws of physics and completely different beginnings

Now my focal point therory. I explained it as looking at a coffee cup with the handle out of sight. If you look at the cup you'd think you'd know the exact dimensions of the cup. But then when you move around you'd see there is a handle there and have to incorporate the handle into the total dimensions of the cup. So 4D to me is while looking at a 3D object you also have another eye behind the object looking back encompassing the entire object. So in a way if a mirror was behind everything you look at you would be seeing in 4D technically.

Now for 6D, I skipped 5 because it makes more sense to say 6.1 and 6.2. 6D for me would be the sides of the object, add eyes to the left and right of the object looking directly at it. And 8D would be the top and bottom with 8.1 and 8.2. Now 9D is completly different. If you remember the X, Y, and Z axis where those lines intersect you would have another all seeing eye. That eye would be looking inside the object through all directions at the same time.

I dont think the sight would work like that, if you see in 1D when your a 2D figure, all lines, and you see 2D here, we just have two eyes to make it more imax like, and then youd see 3D in the 4th dimension, all of the cup at once

you take a dot, and you extend it in every first dimensional way to get the first dimension, youll have a line, next you take the line and move it in every two dimensional way (NORTH SOUTH EAST WEST) to get a square, and then you move the square in every 3 dimensional way, up, down, and just basically liek a balloon inflates utilizing every 3rd dimensional direction, and the tesseract that you see on the internet, the hypercube, you extend it in every 4th dimensional way, which amkes it look like a stick representation of a solid cube inside of a solid cube, but in the 4th dimension, theyre not inside of each other, theyre one object, we jsut cannot perceive it, heres an ms paint rendering to help you understand what i mean

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a thread to run right along side of this is here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I think I've got a pretty strong way to conceptualize 4d.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I think you are wrong and you do not understand what 4D means, nor do you understand what a dimension is, if you find what Einstein said about the fourth dimension hard to imagine and therefore to understand, then you can't say that it is wrong. (no offense meant) the 4D is time and time is the result of everything being in this universe...

top topics

join