It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is life a game?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I had a thought the other day. What about if we are all omnipotant beings? How boring would everlasting life be? So, what if we all came to this planet with no memories of our past existance so we can have some excitment in our lives. Maybe this is the 100th time we've done this, we keep adding more conflict to the world to keep it interesting. Imagine when we die we bs with others about what happened with our time on this planet. So if a victim of the holocaust and Hitler died then went up and started joking around about their lives saying things like, "I'm gonna get you next time." We could all be taking turns at playing God also. Adding new things like hurricanes, deception, famine, scientology, and orange tic tacs. If this were true then life really would be one big joke, created by a bunch of bored people just trying to pass the time. This could also be the reasons we don't know some of lifes great questions, simply because we didn't want to remember.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talonhumper
I had a thought the other day. What about if we are all omnipotant beings?

Adding new things like hurricanes, deception, famine, scientology, and orange tic tacs.

Well you just described the beliefs of Scientology.

Are you currently taking introductory courses at your local Org. ?

And by the way, I think Scientology's a lot closer to the truth than any other religion.

[edit on 11/4/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I know nothing about scientology, except for that episode of southpark. I just threw that in there as a joke. Guess I'm gonna have to research it.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
the world is a game, and we all agreed to follow certain rules when we were installed (born). you dont choose your life, you stand in line and wait your turn, you could end up anywhere depending on where the next child is born. Everyone does not get a "gift" to do with what they can, instead each character has certain functions it must follow in order to stay playing (alive,) and how well your being can control your caracter will have an effect on how sucessfull the charater will become (level up.) some have even found ways to bring "cheats", but we call them horseshoes, and those found guilty of crimes know how to smuggle horseshoes. If this theory is true then all of our global elite could be admins or moderators, or they could be bots and the purpose or objective to the game.

ok, im just messin with ya, pretty cool idea though, the idea came to me once. if we are players and we are trying to get back control, we suck.

i think im going to try a new level, iv'e been getting alot of greif about this one from my teammates anyway.

Im just going play the get drunk and dont give a %$^% level instead.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
That get drunk level is a pretty damn fun one and I think all those idea's make sense.

top topics

join