It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever been subject to unfair police treatment or brutality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I myself have never been subject to any unfair treatment or brutality, but I have been pulled over for being suspicious: I was driving in the suburbs, and went down a wrong road, the road was a dead end, which happened to have a cop sitting at the end of it, so since i didn't want to be on this road, I turned around. The cop then proceeded to turn his sirens on and pull me over, he said that there were reports of break ins in the area. He said that there was reason for him to search my car because he thought i was high and was there to sell drugs, knowing i didn't have anything on me i complied and let him waste his time , he spend 20 minutes searching and found nothing, he apologized for wasting my time and let me go, i knew that i didn't have to let him search my car but what do i care, i didn't have anything on me and was in hurry to get anywhere, i hope enjoyed the smell of my garbage car

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I have had to deal with snotty, full of themselves, young townie cops in Alabama. Swagger and all. (no, I didn't get pulled over or do anything wrong).

But other than that, no, I have not been subject to unfair treatment. If anything, just the opposite. Helpful and professional policemen.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
O yeah. Several times. Mostly entering the United States at Logan, and one time entering in L.A. All of which pre-2001. The so called officials in the airports must be the most ignorant, inbred a-holes I´ve ever met. At one time I was just chiling out after a 9 hour flight, and a collegue of mine dared to make a harmless joke. He was asked to completely turn out his pockets, was frisked and one of the "officials" told him he should behave himself or he would have him arrested for vagrancy because he did not have more than 20 dollars in cash on him.

If it wasn´t for some meeting I had to attend I would have said my peace and would have been returned to sender that instant.

I´ve always hated U.S. authorities because they represent Big Brother to me, now more than ever. These days everyone needs to be fingerprinted coming into the U.S. That was the time I told my VP I was not coming back to the States ever again before either that rule changed or that idiot Bush had left D.C. It made him laugh and I promised him to not advocate this in public but he agreed.

I honestly do not see how anyone can live in the U.S. these days and not go on a semi-automatic killing spree... I would go crazy within weeks.

Anyway, it will sort itself out sooner or later with the big dollar plunge... EUR/USD 1,50 by summer?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Whenever I visit the states I am always scared of the police. Canadian cops are just more laid back, I think it is just the entire mindset of the separate countries

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I´ve always hated U.S. authorities because they represent Big Brother to me...

Thats rich, seriously. I guess I can see where your comming from, but I think America has a long ways to go before we catch up to the "Big Brother" of London, and we are by far better off as far as civil liberty is concerned than say, China, or even Australia.

I just want to point out that the LEOs are just people with badges. They have good days, and bad days just like anyone else, and some are corrupt, just like anyone else. For the most part, all of my experiences with Law Enforcment Officers has been moderatly pleasant. But McIntosh County, here in Oklahoma, has one of the worst LEAs I have ever heard of. I'm talking about the Sheriff's Department. The deputys all run around in full camo military BDUs and carry M16s, while setting up roadblocks leaving/entering town. They are authorized to pull over anyone regardless of whether or nor they are doing anything wrong after 10pm, and I have personally seen them, with my own eyes PLANT meth in a persons car before they brought in a seperate officer to search the vehicle. I do not feel that this rogue department represents the majority of LEOs out there, but instead represents a need for massive reform of Law Enforcement policies and regulations.

just my two cents...

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I feel like I have been harassed many times by the police. I guess it's sort of like a feeling of the secret police you may see in the movies about Germany during WWII. Just don't do anything to get them upset. They'll pull you over for the slightest little thing when the streets are empty. However they seem to be nowhere to be seen when the streets are busy and people are running red lights, pulling out across several lanes of traffic or driving the wrong way on the wrong side of the road. At least the police where I live at are equally terrorizing to any criminals that happen to set foot in town as well.

I had a much more detailed post but my post crashed on me as I tried to post it.

As far as being suspicious, the police seem to consider almost everyone suspicious unless they already know you.

Even though I have felt a bit harassed, in the end the police often seem to do the right thing at least where I have lived at.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by orionthehunter]

new topics

top topics

join