It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. claims Iran is training Iraqis on roadside bombs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Caldwell also said the U.S. military had evidence that Iranian intelligence agents were active in Iraq in funding, training and arming Shiite militia fighters.
"We also know that training still is being conducted in Iran for insurgent elements from Iraq. We know that as recent as last week from debriefing personnel," he said.

The general would not say specifically which arm of the Iranian government was doing the training but called the trainers "surrogates" of Iran's intelligence agency.

Source
Related Thread

I see a pattern here. We claim a nation is supporting our enemies and BAM, we have a reason to invade. I know the American people cannot be blind or ignorant to take the Gov's word on this. Not Again.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Not even two months ago the United States managed to capture a stockpile of .50 BMG caliber sniper rifles that the insurgents use... Upon tracking serial numbers down to the company Steyr-Aug it was found that these firearms were purchased legally by the Iranian Police department.

billroggio.com...
www.qando.net...
www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2007/02/13/wiran13.xml

And a host of other sites showing this information... Now I am a good neighbor but i don't let other people use my firearms. There is a link and I feel you may be sticking your head in the sand if you refuse to see any potential links.

Please do note as well that Steyr-Aug the company has not come out to scream that it was a fradulent claim and there guns where NOT iranian purchased...

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AbitTweaked
There is a link and I feel you may be sticking your head in the sand if you refuse to see any potential links.

All due respect, I do not think my head is in the sand. Your own source quotes the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff as saying there is no hard link.

Marine Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said yesterday that he has no information indicating Iran's government is directing the supply of lethal weapons to Shiite insurgent groups in Iraq.

"We know that the explosively formed projectiles are manufactured in Iran," Pace told Voice of America during a visit to Australia. "What I would not say is that the Iranian government, per se, knows about this."

It's easy to say that the bombs have Iranian parts, the guns were sold to the Iranian Police, and therefore the Iranian gov't must condone it. But that is not automatically the case. I am also not saying that they have not done the things that they are accused of, I am just hoping that we as the American public do not blindly follow what the gov't is telling us. We all know how that ends.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AbitTweaked
Not even two months ago the United States managed to capture a stockpile of .50 BMG caliber sniper rifles that the insurgents use... Upon tracking serial numbers down to the company Steyr-Aug it was found that these firearms were purchased legally by the Iranian Police department.

And do you really believe that the Iranians are so stupid to give away their modern Steyr's, and if so, that they would'nt remove their serial numbers?

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

And do you really believe that the Iranians are so stupid to give away their modern Steyr's, and if so, that they would'nt remove their serial numbers?

That is a very good point. It all seems a little too obvious doesn't it? I remember a few months ago when they were showing off the "Iranian made" rpgs, and it pretty much had "MADE IN IRAN" written on it, all rather strange.

Unless of course these sorts of things are orchestrated by the insurgents, terrorists, militias, whatever to pin blame on Iran and therefore expand the conflict and divert the attention from their own schemes.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Apparently, Iran is now training Sunni insurgents too.

Now, is it just me, or this sound like total rubbish?

news.bbc.co.uk...

Now, as I recall, the main trainers among the Sunni insurgents were "Al-Qaeda in Iraq", Zaqarwi's group, who have a history of a decade or so of terrorism over a large section of the middle East, including some very advanced training in Afghanistan. Why would they need Iranians to teach them when "Al-Qaeda" actually have some sort of affinity with the Sunni insurgents and are already there?

Never mind why the Iranians would train the people most likely to turn on them and their local allies. Then again, we've been that stupid before as well...

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
How many claims does the Administration think we need for us to believe them?

They have no credability left in the worlds eyes,
so claiming and accusing isnt going to get them anywhere.

If they cant prove it WITHOUT any doubts, after all this time it raises serious eyebrows.

And I agree, why would Iran be so STUPID as to leave such 'obvious' evidence lying about ?

We seem to be pushing the iranian image alot in the last few months.

I thought it was meant to be about their nuclear programme?

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Were it found that Insurgents in Iraq has weapons that somehow had origins in Canada perse, would that give America onus to attack my country?

Luxifero

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Come on, you jokers. Trying to say that Iran dose not support the insurgancy is like saying the US dosen not support Israel. So your trying to say that Iran has the same common enemy as these insurgents in Iraq have. They have the potental to help them. They have no real reason not to help them because if they are going to get attack then it's going to happen sooner or later. And your going to sit there and say the US is wrong about them helping that fighters. Sure.

I have an idea!!! Pick me! Call on me! No matter what the US dose there is going to be at least one person trying to put an evil motive to it's actions. Here is an idea, lets just all think about negative possiblities for everything. Nobody has good intentions. Everybody is out to take advantage of you.

Or, maybe you should realize that no mater some leader makes you believe how strong they are. You should still realize that they are human and they are not always going to be right but sometimes... maybe sometimes they have good intentions.

Sometimes people play on others emotions. They feel good when people feel sorry for them. Kind of like you people who feel sorry for all these leaders of countries who claim to be taken advantage of but their really living better than you ever will.

I really don't care, and I don't think diying is going to bring any comfort to anyone.

Styki

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The ignorant American public will easily be duped into a war with Iran. A war with Iran will end the United States as a super power, however, and I do not believe the US would be so foolish.

A ground invasion has to be completely ruled out. It would be a complete failure for the US. Learn from Israel in Lebanon.

The only possibility would be an air campaign on Iran, and the results of that would be difficult to speculate on. Although I would have to say that the cost/benefit ratio for the US doesn't look good.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
Come on, you jokers. Trying to say that Iran dose not support the insurgancy is like saying the US dosen not support Israel. So your trying to say that Iran has the same common enemy as these insurgents in Iraq have. They have the potental to help them. They have no real reason not to help them because if they are going to get attack then it's going to happen sooner or later. And your going to sit there and say the US is wrong about them helping that fighters. Sure.

Im pretty sure they are, no in fact im dead near certain Iran is helping Iraq.
But you know what? Im making that assumption based on what everyone is telling me.

The thing is, if it was as rampant as the US claims, there'd be QUALITY evidence, rock hard proof.

Spouting claims and saying things over and over wont convince the people that need to be convinced.

Its not our fault we are choosey on when to believe the US government, they have lied, cheated, maniuplated and conceived so much in the past 6yrs its difficult just listening to them on TV without wanting to throw a kitchen sink at their faces.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
there teaching iraqi's road side bombs? What the hell did you expect america terrorized, murdered, occupied, raped, and ruin their lives far worse then sadam.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rrahim1
there teaching iraqi's road side bombs? What the hell did you expect america terrorized, murdered, occupied, raped, and ruin their lives far worse then sadam.

The consequences of the current occupation have not even truly come home for the Americans. But as all things come full circle, so will this.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rrahim1

See here you are camparing that actions a few in a country to the actions of one man. On your logic, want to know what "America" did? America went so far as to vote another party into goverment. "America" wants to get out of this war and is fighting to do so everyday. In fact America never murdered, raped, or ruined lives of anyone because America is a country full of people who have many different opinions.

Agit8dChop

The thing is, if it was as rampant as the US claims, there'd be QUALITY evidence, rock hard proof.

Spouting claims and saying things over and over wont convince the people that need to be convinced.

I agree with what you are saying. I think the leads may be hard to trace. Iraq resistance fighters may get help from Iran but I believe the trail would be hard to find. As for me, I don't care what any news sorce says. I look at thing as if I was in their position. If I was a leader in Iran would I help out the resistance in Iran??? Yeah.

At the moment things are at a level where people don't need to be convinced. I really don't care if they are convinced or not. A government that is going to hide things like this will show it's true intentions later. Even though some people are going to attempt to defend them saying they want to wipe another country off the map.

Some people want to defend countries like this, some people want to bomb them till there is nothing left. Me im in the middle.

Styki

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Iran helping the insurgents? To be honest, they most likely are. Do you think that a country that chants Death to America every single day during prayers, would miss an opportunity to strike at our soldiers? Nope, dont think so.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Nor should they miss this opportunity. It's not always that God hands you your enemies on a platter for a slow, consequence-free bleed-a-thon.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I say the U.S. should just give Iran what it's asking for, look how great Japan turned out after only two doses of A-bomb. Imagine what our higher doses could achieve?

top topics

join