It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have also just seen something!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Ok so the time was probably about 21.20 GMT. I have just been at my friends house and we sat in his backyard playing cards and had a couple of beers as the sun went down.

It was dark at the time of my sighting. I have had a feeling all night of there being something to look out for and i had said this to my friend.

I will give you a brief overview of my surroundings first. We live in a row of two terraced streets with the view up the street being Almost exactly East and obviously down being west. I was looking towards my house which is East and saw the following..

There were two red lights pulsing flying at the same speed paralled but diagonal. They were about 4 inches apart at arms length (this gives you an idea of distance in the sky hopefully). One was above the other diagonally. If you imagine the red light on a regular plane they were about the size of that but there were no flashing beacons of any kind and there was no aircraft noise. I live in busy airspace and after i had watched many planes fly over and all of the had flashing lights and made a noise.

I pointed out to my mate but by the time he finally saw them, only the top light was visible over the adjacent rooves. It was so frustrating! He made fun of me because i really believed it was something else and hes a great skeptic
I watched these lights for a good 10-15 seconds as the crossed form the roves on our side to theopposite rooves and went out of sight.

I saw what i think was probably a satellite travelling at a 90deg angle eastwards about 10 seconds after. I dont actually believe it was a satellite as im sure when i started looking at it , it was stationaery.

What i need from you guys is confirmation that any plane whether commercial or military, HAS to have flashing beacons over British airspace.

I dont know if these two separate lights were separate craft or belonged to the same one.. if it was on each side of a single craft it must have been huge (a hundred feet or so).

I only had my LG camera fone on me so didnt get any photos as it is useless in the dark.

I got really excited when i saw of another sighting in norway at almost exacly the same time...

If needed i will try and visually represent what i saw and scan it.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed. Could it be we really just saw satellites or some kind of flare?

I've seen both, but I can't say they've looked anything like I saw.

Thanks for sharing your experiences as well. It's strange that you see the light in the U.K. and I see them in Oslo roughly around the same time. Makes one wonder.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It was definitely not a flare. Imagine an aircraft flying across your area. The red light is always visible with flashing strobe lights. What i saw had no flashing lights but the two red lights were pulsing. Its difficult to sayhow far away they were but due to the hight of the nearby houses and the speed they were travelling, they cant have been that far.. if they were a long way away they would have been travelling incredibly quickly.

Like i say i live near a busy airport and EVERY plane i saw tonight waqs either travelling East at low altitude before landing or west at a higher altitude where they later circle round and descend eastward towards the airport. sounds sad but i know the flightpaths.

These lights were travelling southwards which they never do towards East midlands airport. Im very puzzled

[edit on 11-4-2007 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What I saw was just really bright. Then it blinked out. No pulsating lights or anything. I did however did see several planes, more then I usually do fly in that area.

Strange indeed.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I just thought i'd you guys know i have reported this on www.nuforc.org

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Could it be because you were expecting to see something? The mind plays games at times, especially when you are piercing into the night sky...

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by knowledge23
Could it be because you were expecting to see something? The mind plays games at times, especially when you are piercing into the night sky...

nope i definitely saw it, I wasnt expecting to see anything to be honest, although i had had tha feeling, i just happened to look up at the right time. My friend saw them (i dont know whether it was an 'it' or a 'them') but he was being blind and only caught a glimpse as the disappeared over the rooftops. I saw the lights very clearly.. not my imagination!

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
just bumping this thread to see if there are any ideas as to what i may have seen that night?

new topics

top topics

join