It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday for the Greenback

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The Dollar is Doomed

What is it that people don’t understand about the trade deficit? It’s not rocket science. The Current Account Deficit is over $800 billion a year. That means that we are spending more than we are making and savaging the dollar in the process. Presently, we need more than $2 billion of foreign investment per day just to keep the wheels from coming off the cart.

Everyone agrees that the current trade imbalances are unsustainable and will probably trigger major economic disruptions that will thrust us towards a global recession. Still, Washington and the Fed stubbornly resist any change in policy that might reduce over-consumption or reverse present trends.

With the recent developmets that other countries are abandoning the dollar, what does this mean for America?

As this article states, the dollar is headed for an area that will be impossible to recover from.

Why is the public being shielded from this information? Is it because if we knew what was REALLY going on, that it would be sheer chaos in America?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn

Why is the public being shielded from this information? Is it because if we knew what was REALLY going on, that it would be sheer chaos in America?

I don't know if it's as much shielding as it is apathy. For some reason, nobody cares about the inner-workings of the government. I guess as long as the reality shows are still playing everyone will be pacified.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I believe you are very much correct PrepareForTheWorst.

With the current government, there is nothing left for the American people BUT apathy. Given the record setting number of scandals and impropriety among this administration, I see no reason why the public would be concerned with the inner-workings.

If any interest was shown, they would simply be turned away like anyone else desiring information.

As you said, as long as the reality shows are taking our minds off of the topic at hand, the government has the sheeple right where they want them...In front of the ol boob tube

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn

With the current government, there is nothing left for the American people BUT apathy. Given the record setting number of scandals and impropriety among this administration, I see no reason why the public would be concerned with the inner-workings.

What's worse is that I do not see any relief in sight! A lot of people think it is going to get better when a democrat is elected in 2008. All of these politicians are corrupt. It doesn't matter if you are a democrat or republican. Most of the candidates are where they are for personal gain. Money is the thing that drives this country.

Moreover, once the dollar finally does collapse I think that will usher in the AMERO. If you have yet to hear of it I suggest doing a little research here on ATS. These are scary times my friend and they are about to get even worse.

new topics

top topics

join