It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mazu Kan Invisible Fighter Game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

This Mazu Kan invisible fighter game will allow you to teach your children about the importance of using violence to solve disputes without them going in to school with suspicious bumps and bruises all over their bodies. When wearing the devices, they can throw punches and blocks that transmit wirelessly, teaching them timing and all that good stuff but saving their pretty little faces from actually getting punched. Then, later, when they get in a fight in the schoolyard, they'll be able to kick some ass because they're all practiced. Now that's parenting.

www.thinkgeek.com...

Thought that this device might appeal to the oodles of gaming fanatics on ATS/BTS.

This seems like it could be adapted or hacked to function within the confines of an Xbox or PS. Would anyone even think of using something like this?

Seems like it would be a barrel of fun, even if you couldnt use it with your favorite game console.

Does this come off as cool, or lame?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The answer is: WAY COOL.

The sooner we get into full virtual reality, the better.

Because it's not just about teaching my kid to fight...it's about me being able to feel what it's like to step into the ring with a 21 year old Mike Tyson, or Ali, or ROCKY BALBOA.

Was that selfish?

I do care about children you know.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
LOL

I agree Essedarius.

I think that within the next decade or so we will achieve that kind of full-on VR technology.

I can honestly say that if I had the chance to step into the ring with Tyson in his heyday, I would jump at it, just so long as he couldnt bite my ear off, or put me in a coma.

If anything, I bet that the same kind of tech could be employed for many other purposes. VR vacations, VR workplace, VR "movies"...ect, the options are limitless.

And no, that was not selfish at all. I am sure that your kids wouldnt mind getting a good ol fashioned beat down from Iron Mike.

Thats teaching them a thing or two. I care about kids as well, but who's to say that they get to have ALL the fun? Right?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
I can honestly say that if I had the chance to step into the ring with Tyson in his heyday, I would jump at it, just so long as he couldnt bite my ear off, or put me in a coma.

I'm sure they'd have difficulty settings if you wanted to protect your ears and/or long-term health.

I am sure that your kids wouldnt mind getting a good ol fashioned beat down from Iron Mike.

I know they wouldn't mind watching their old man get beat down by Iron Mike.

top topics

join