It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA (Criminals In Action)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Could it be true that the CIA is a covert criminal orginazation? And why are they working for the government? There sure is evidence to support them being criminals.

"Robert Lady, the former CIA chief in Milan, has gone into hiding," reports Germany's Der Spiegel (www.spiegel.de...)

Lady (is that really his REAL name?) is wanted for extradition for his role in kidnapping (or "renditioning" in the spooky euphemistic vernacular) Muslim "cleric" Abu Omar in Milan, Italy.

www.conspiracyplanet.com...

I dont have much time but Im sure there are more cases similar to this one. Why do we put criminals in power???

[edit on 11-4-2007 by misterfantastic]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Why do they work for the government? Because they are an agency created by the government. That's not to say that they don't commit crimes, however. There's a long history of CIA involvement in drug and arms smuggling to fund and supply covert operations, as well as extraordinary rendition, as you mentioned.

There has been and still is a massive network of CIA "proprietary corporations"—shell corporations that exist only in name and are used to hide the ownership of aircraft used for rendition flights... among other things.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I always thought the CIA were like investigators looking for clues.

It appears I was mistaken...

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Of course, by definition intelligence agencies engage in illegal action. However, it does often seem that the CIA has forgotten that 1) that doesn't mean they need to be totally immoral and 2) it should be against the enemies of the USA, not innocent people and not its own citizenry. Of course, most of the latter was in the past, but I'd bet a lot of it still goes on today in the US through those very shell corporations mentioned earlier.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaliayev
Of course, by definition intelligence agencies engage in illegal action. However, it does often seem that the CIA has forgotten

The CIA hasnt forgotten its role in maintaining the the National Security State. The CIA's prime role is counterrevolutions, counterinsurgencies, torture, murder, destabilization, and intellegence gathering. The CIA's loyalties lie in protection of the state, not protection of the people of the US.

new topics

top topics

join