It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laser Weapons Trials In Iraq: Rumsfeld’s Tacit Approval.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Maurizio Torrealta and Sigfrido Ranucci, in their article in Global Research, say that according to official Pentagon sources, military vehicles equipped with laser devices have been used not only Afghanistan, but according to two reliable military information sites – Defense Tech and Defense Industry Daily - at least three such vehicles are being used in Iraq as well.

According to Geert Van Moorter (A medical doctor working in Iraq, as a volunteer for the belgiam NGO Medical Aid for the Third World), and other doctors, the survivors that he operated upon said that they did not hear any noise, there was no explosion, no metal fragments or shrapnel or bullets in their bodies, so they themselves were thinking of some strange kind of weapon which they did not know.

They were also told that one of the witnesses had seen three passengers in a car, all dead, with their faces and teeth burnt, their clothes intact, and no sign of projectiles. There wasn’t any bullet. "I saw their teeth, just the teeth, and they had no eyes, all of them, there was nothing on their bodies. The bodies, that were not hit by projectiles, had shrunk to just slightly more than one meter in height."

So are these weapons being tested in Iraq? When asked if the Americans were experimenting with them, this is what Donald Rumsfeld, ex Secretary of Defense, had to say:

“In the normal order of things, when you invest in research and development and begin a developmental project, you don't have any intention or expectations that one would use it. On the other hand, the real world intervenes from time to time, and you reach in there and take something out that is still in a developmental stage, and you might use it.”

From the horses mouth. Needless to say, Iraq has now become a convenient live combat testing ground for esoteric weapons.

Video And The Report Here…

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
That weapon sounds disgusting, I already hate it.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I agree that it sounds disgusting...
but,

it would appear that this new weapon
has little to no collateral damage.
No spray of bullets, no shrapnel flying
everywhere, etc etc..

So I suppose this might help reduce civilian casualties.
(unless they're testing it ON civilians)

Is this similar to that microwave weapon
from Future Weapons on the Discovery Channel?
It can pin-point individuals as well as whole crowds.
I think it microwaves the very top, thin layer of skin,
briefly producing the feel of an intense sunburn until
the subject(s) move out of the way.

I can only imagine what would happen if
they turn the dial up a few notches..

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This weapon sounds like an amped up version of the microwave weapon to me.

After that soldier was injured last week during a testing phase of the microwave weapon, it seems only fair to assume that if you cranked up the power and just followed a target with it, that you could literally incinerate them.

I wouldnt put it past the US military to begin unofficial tests of this weapon on live targets. We will end up hearing about in a decade or so, when all of the dirty little secrets have been divulged for a primetime TV special.

I'll bet that the military tests all of their new toys in Iraq/Afghanistan before releasing them to the public. It is here that all of the bugs can be finally worked out.

"Yeah Sarge, when we pointed the beam at him, he caught on fire and was incinerated"

"Good work soldier"

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
There's so much wrong with that article and the video, it's hard to know where to begin.

They're leading you to conclusions all through it, pretty standard fare.

None of the systems they're discussing are even remotely capable of doing that. Not to mention that they're all large, noisy and unmistakable. The driver never says "There were multiple 18 wheelers with big pieces of technical equipment and huge generators running so loud I couldn't hear", he just calls it a checkpoint.

And does that make sense in itself? Would you put some half-billion dollar prototype out on a random unguarded checkpoint to "shrink beam" non-hostile Iraqis? Or would you give it a try on someone more interesting? I can't imagine having it in the open unguarded like that.

If it hasn't been edited since I saw that dreck the first time, the bus driver is supposed to have said "I turned around and as I passed the checkpoint, there was a bright flash" and that's when the people shrank to 1 meter high, their arms, legs and heads fell off etc. Not that the beam was held on them for minutes, (he wasn't hurt?!) but "blink" and off comes the heads arms and legs. Cut cleanly from the torso. Yeah. Right.

You might start with "What in the hell could make a skeleton shrink" - unless it's kids, it's pretty much calcium phosphate from one end to the other, and if you heat it, it just burns off the organic parts in the bone. But the bone doesn't shrink...ever seen a whole pig barbecued? Did it "shrink to 1 foot long"? Would that even make sense?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
BS story right when I saw the people shrinking. It would actually be a good weapon b/c of the lack of collateral damage but it aint real.

top topics

join