It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy testing subs in Idaho

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure the Air Force uses UFO's as a cover to test new air craft. Is the Navy using lake monster as a cover to test new submarines? Here is a picture taking last week from Lake Pend Oreille. Its obvious that this is not a Paddler the lake monster.

In the early 1940s, near Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, lake monsters — or at least reports of them — began to show up in Lake Pend Oreille. Typically, the sightings were of large, not clearly visible objects moving rapidly through the water. Some of the earliest printed accounts, heavily laced with ridicule, appeared in U.S. Navy publications from the Farragut Naval Training Station at Bayview, Idaho, a top-secret submarine sonar research facility.

Source from cryptomundo

Edit: fix broke link
It appears that the Navy uses the lake to test small scale subs, and any strange activity can then be passed off as a lake monster.

Why is the Navy in North Idaho of all places, 350 miles from the nearest ocean? Mostly, to take advantage of the conditions in Lake Pend Oreille. The largest lake in Idaho and the fifth deepest in the United States, Pend Oreille offers a virtually ideal venue for acoustic testing.
source

[edit on 11-4-2007 by testrat]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have known about this testing going on in Idaho for over 20 years. This site in Idaho is not the only place where testing is going on. It is in fact going on all over this country.

It is just that this government nor the private contractors are want to detail to the public their failures or even some of thier successes. These are simply locations where the facitlitys are available and the public scarce. These are not places with all the amenities to which most peoples are accustomed. It is intended this way. It affords a level of privacy.

That the government would use a cover story of any kind from the rational to the irrational is of no consequence to them. They will take what works. With much of the television educated public today it would work better if it was more irrational. The more rediculous the more believable to those raised on a diet of television education.

Suggest that you Google Cutthroat LSV..or Cutthroat Large Scale Vehicle.
or try this link.

tech.military.com...:-large-scale-vehicle-2.html?eq_id=89203

I have actually seen this vehicle when it was rolled out of the sheds where it was manufactured before being shipped to Idaho. It is not new or original news to me.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 11-4-2007 by orangetom1999]

[edit on 11-4-2007 by orangetom1999]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If you travel to Arco, Id (the first city in the world lit by atomic power) a couple years ago they put the top section of a submarine on main street. If you research the INL they've built all sorts of things out there. Considering they have built 52 nuclear plants (only 15 are active or testing) and built some of the systems on the rocket that is traveling to pluto. They have their own swat team and finally got rid of their mine field from the cold war back in the mid 90's. You can do alot of things with 890 square miles, of course part of it is Craters of the Moon. I've always found it comical that they test nuclear reactors next to volcanos. All of this is done in southern Idaho though, I haven't heard of anything going on in northern Idaho til now. That's pretty interesting about the lake.

Here is the link to INL.
www.inl.gov...

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It was strange to see this thread. We just spent last weekend at Farragut camping. Back during WWII, it had been opened as a military training camp. Now it is a state park and sits right next to the lake.

The Navy does have a facility next to the park on the lake still. It seems like an odd location, but I am sure it is a great location for their sub testing.

We plan to do some diving in the lake when the weather gets warmer since we do not live too far from the area. I will make sure to post pictures if we see anything out of the ordinary.

[edit on 13-4-2007 by Watcher777]

top topics

join