It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Was An Egotistical Mad Man

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
For the man who saves and is related to love and peace, why did you choose him knowing that it would divide the people and bring the sword, not peace?

Why would you listen to someone who tells you not to give pearls to swine? That is extremely narcissistic, how do you expect to help anyone? Christians want world peace and they want love, they want children in Africa to be fed, yet this man they live by tells them not to, because those disgusting, starving Africans must be viewed as primitive swine. ( we all know he wasn't literally talking about pigs ) Then he turns around and performs miracles on blind men all the while hanging out with criminals and crooks. Then there is the story of the good Samaritan? Jesus also instructs us to give all that we have to others. So what is the deal?!

We have ourselves the worship of a deranged, delusional, walking, talking contradiction, and all who fanatically worship this religion and other religions, seem to be doing the same.

A time has arrived that is undeniable, the books no longer hold any truth and a world wide reform is under way. Their purposes have been served and change is already happening.

Are we strong enough to free ourselves from the lies of these Gods and the many that came before them?

[edit on 11-4-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I just don't see it like that. I don't fanatically believe JC to be how the bible depicts him, only because of the fact, much of the bible has been corrupted throughout history. I spent quite a bit of time reading what the Essenes had to offer as for the real message of Christ. I believe he came to try and help humanity just like Buddha, Hiawatha, Confucius, Krishna.

Here is some info:
www.essene.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

and as for the don't give pearls to a swine, why if someone is already overindulgent, would you give them more?

Wow, I just didnt think swine depicted a specific racial group... I had to re read where you were coming from. Swine to me means an overindulgent greedy trait not a person. Peace

[edit on 11-4-2007 by NJE777]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
Wow, I just didnt think swine depicted a specific racial group... I had to re read where you were coming from. Swine to me means an overindulgent greedy trait not a person. Peace

Do you think the passage actually meant Pearls? As in some materialistic value?

To me "pearls" means the consciousness, love, sincerity, the essence of giving. Now who in their right mind would say not to give that to someone who supposively needs it?

P.s. Sorry for using "Africans" in my analogy. I did not intend to be "racial". I see us all as Humanity, but I see the division we cause to, and in doing so I must speak from that divisiveness to adhere to specific points that are being advanced.

Personally, I give my pearls to any one and every one, because I see myself as all of Humanity.

I do understand where you are coming from, but is that really what Jesus meant, who knows?

I have ran in to other Christians on this website who have spat such verses at me in their defense. I think a true Christian would call no one swine, not even think of a person at such a level, and they wouldn't call themselves "Christian".

[edit on 11-4-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Actually guys, as this Sermon on the Mount was all about Holiness, I think what Christ was referring to was not to discuss spiritual things with people who were not spiritual.

The full text is in Matthew 7 (NIV):

1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

6"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

To me it appears a little out of place in that passage though. I'm not at home, so I can't check my concordance to find out what the phrase meant in the context of the Jewish people. I'll get back to you on it.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
'A Pearl of Great Price' is a recurring theme in ancient sacred teachings.

I see the pearl as illustrating something that starts as as irritant but yet that can't be removed...over time, with patience, it becomes a thing of great beauty.

An example of such would be the American Blues music genre - borne of terrible oppression and horrible acts done to people just because of color, but today we have the gift of a wonderful style of music growing out of the heartache of that era.

Pearls of GREAT price.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Hello Annie, my friend

'A Pearl of Great Price' is a recurring theme in ancient sacred teachings.

I think value would be more fitting. Value has no price, value cannot be bought.

I see the pearl as illustrating something that starts as as irritant but yet that can't be removed...over time, with patience, it becomes a thing of great beauty.

Agreed, it can be this, too. So why not plant a pearl of truth in every one we know and let it grow in to a beauty full flower, instead of being selfish and hiding goodness from those who need it most?

An example of such would be the American Blues music genre - borne of terrible oppression and horrible acts done to people just because of color, but today we have the gift of a wonderful style of music growing out of the heartache of that era.

Pearls of GREAT price.

I love the example. Though it was not price they were after, it was self value for a peoples that were oppressed. A priceless value, or can we agree to diss agree?
Sure their music can be purchased, and their vibrating entotic feelings can be felt... but their experiences, their love, and their determination can never be bought, it seeped it's way into the culture, freely.
We've all had it, they helped free it through the people they became and the message they gave, a message and a people that has touched and influenced everyone who has payed attention. Now, no one can buy that from me for a price, it is mine forever.

Have a great day annie, and if anyone is ever picking on you and calling you a demon again, just call ghostbusters

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
LastOutfinite, I want to respond to your post with hostility, but I will not. Firstly, many of your conclusions about what some of today's Christians want is not necessarily true. We have a war raging that involve what two religions? Once again, Islam and Christianity, and anyone who thinks we are not in the throws of a religious war are only fooling themselves.

As far as your analysis of Jesus... personally, I think your opinion is bent. However, that is neither here nor there. Jesus spoke of love,peace, forgiveness and mercy. To say otherwise is intellectually dishonest. It's unfortunate that more Christians don't live the way Christ intended.

As far as the whole "pearl before swine" PARABLE, emphasis on the word PARABLE, one has to understand the reasoning for such a statement. What good is knowledge to those who won't believe or use it? What Jesus was essentially stating is that there is no need to dispense spiritual wisdom to those who do not believe or have any use for the spiritual to begin with.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think you would know why jesus said dont give pearls to swain. Your not stupid. All jesus was saying is dont give the glory of God to somewho who wont be saved it would be a waste of time.

For someone so much smartest in them, you share act blind when talking about the bible. You talk half truths to make your world beliefs better, and yet forget the rest of the point in the own saying you said. Yes The bible and Jesus might of brought the sword. But man kind made it. It is better to kill one who will kill many. And its better to kill one who will kill many souls. The fact is the world is fool of evil people and its better they die than one who has a pure heart. Just because you are weak in faith does'nt mean you go the right to bash on ones belifs. Its not our falt that God wont lead you to believe.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

As far as the whole "pearl before swine" PARABLE, emphasis on the word PARABLE, one has to understand the reasoning for such a statement. What good is knowledge to those who won't believe or use it? What Jesus was essentially stating is that there is no need to dispense spiritual wisdom to those who do not believe or have any use for the spiritual to begin with.

Exactly!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Humble, thank you. It somewhat upsets me when people come and try to bash the person who was Jesus Christ. If you want to criticize the institution of Christianity, fine, I do it on a fairly regular basis. However, when you cross the line and speak against the teachings of Jesus Christ, which were teachings of love,mercy and forgiveness,then I have a problem. I will call anyone out on that one.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I think that too. Jesus was our savor and came to save all who would believe to bash someone just because you dont believe is stupid. The fact remain no one can disprove Jesus was a human on earth. In fact the evidents that out there would sajust that he was a human. Remember there are old citys out there that only the bible talks about.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
why did you choose him knowing that it would divide the people and bring the sword, not peace?

He only divides the sheep from the goats.

Why would you listen to someone who tells you not to give pearls to swine?

Why wouldn't we? Pearls can be anything from the knowledge of GOD, to money, to material, to about anything.

You feed a hog whatever necessary to keep them satisfied, because they will only gobble that up and come back for more. Never profiting with it. Their only intent is to suck every ounce of life out of you, that you have. Then turn again to chew you up and spit you out.

If someone despises the truth and you give it to them. They will only take those pearls and try to destroy you with them.

That is extremely narcissistic, how do you expect to help anyone? Christians want world peace and they want love, they want children in Africa to be fed, yet this man they live by tells them not to, because those disgusting, starving Africans must be viewed as primitive swine. ( we all know he wasn't literally talking about pigs ) Then he turns around and performs miracles on blind men all the while hanging out with criminals and crooks. Then there is the story of the good Samaritan? Jesus also instructs us to give all that we have to others. So what is the deal?!

What gives you the idea that children in Africa are pigs? They are some of the finest people on earth. The christians over there know what christianity is. They see satan at work every day and it's reality there.

If we could ship this bunch of atheists here in the US over there by the plane loads, and dump them out over that continent. They'd be cured of their problem in less than a couple weeks.

We have ourselves the worship of a deranged, delusional, walking, talking contradiction, and all who fanatically worship this religion and other religions, seem to be doing the same.

I'm still trying to find where this "contradiction" told us African kids are pigs, or any other color or category for that matter.

Are we strong enough to free ourselves from the lies of these Gods and the many that came before them?

There is but one GOD. If the blind lead the blind they both fall in the ditch.

When you see someone behind bars advising the passers by to free "ourselves". Makes a whole lot of sense. In reality that someone is asking, am I strong enough to free myself from the bars I've locked myself in. The answer is NO.

What makes even more sense is that someone cursing and spitting in the face of the only one who has the capability of freeing and restoring them.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I think the pearls before swine analogy means there's a right way and a wrong way to give. If you give to people who are determined to use what they can from you at your expense, for instance psychopaths - you just end up hurting yourself and helping no one.

Learning to give in the right way is very important to proper self love, and if one doesn't love oneself enough to protect themselves, then all the giving will lead to self destruction and that's not good.

There's a right way and a wrong way to give, although a life of service is never wasted.

How did he tell the sheep from goats, heheheh, goats are horney.

Egotistical madman? Yeah, he had alot of nerve. But then they let Barbaras the murderer walk and crucified the healer.

Take what you need and leave the rest, a good message grows with you. Personally I love the message of Christ in the gospels. I look at the compassion and hope.

Actually, Africa has the fastest growing number of Christians. It's also the place where most are murdered by the competing militants. They go into different villages and murder a bunch of Christians, then blame it on a neighboring village where the Muslims live, until a tidy little massacre is instigated. Those are the swine. The church is mainly represented by the population there and in South America. It was with some disappointment to me, that they didn't choose a pope from one of those regions.

You have walked barefoot on the shores with the master, and Cornelius is a holy man.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You have asked this question 3 times now. In the end you still don't believe what you are being told. Therefore why are you even asking this question. You don't believe in God or the Bible so why are you asking these questions. You remind me of the pharisees and scribes who didn't believe yet always asked Jesus questions to try and trick him. As far as the cast your pearls to the swine go. It's talking about telling someone over and over and over. They are not listening to you. So why keep wasting your time with them. The way your doing here. You don't care your just trying to rattle people. Which is why I won't answer Anymore of your questions ever. Cause all you do is come back and say Jesus don't exist. So if you don't believe in Him why are you so obsessed with Him.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

www.belowtopsecret.com...'

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
WiseSheep,

You're very good at practicing fundamentalism. You will take any passage from the bible and say, "Jesus was saying this, or this, or this, and if you don't believe me, then you're a demon and you're going to hell."

The contradiction of Jesus Christ and Christians is this:

They are told not to judge (or pride themselves in not being so, who knows? The point is, they're confusing, but they always bring up this topic about being non-judgemental), yet they can't ever help from doing so because it is exactly what they are instructed to do!

Hey WiseSheep, will you listen to Jesus and slay me because I deny what's written in the Bible about him, and the way that Christians worship this man now days? If not, then you are disobeying Christ.

I'll let you know that I would never think about such actions.

They are told to help all and give love to all, at any and/or all costs... or so they say when they are put in the spot light, but when it comes down to the pigs vs. swine, once again we are judging people, damning them to hell and giving up on them because they are not doing what we want them to. How controlling is that? Perhaps if you stopped labeling yourselves after your self centered micro society's religious ensemble, and start becoming Human Beings with the rest of us, then there wouldn't be any "religious" murders. And there we have it, one less avenue of evil on the Earth.

Jesus divides the sheep from the goats, good, we could use him on the farms around here.

If someone despises the truth and you give it to them. They will only take those pearls and try to destroy you with them.

Truth is relative, everyone experiences life differently and lives life differently accoridng to the situations that they are confronted with and that confront them. You're obviously living in fear of people "destroying" you. Hey, I'm not out to get you
If I met you I'd give you a hug and share some Human love, unless you ran away from me.

Important note: Truth is whatever the truth may be at a given time and it is subject to change at any moment, that which is indefinitely anew.

So, we have a number of Christians responding in this thread, and they all give different definitions of what swine means to them.

I think 2 blind men can get around fairly well, WiseSheep. You truly under estimate their developed echo location and their touch sensivity while using their canes. Avoiding a ditch would be simple. Just because they're blind doesn't mean they're stupid. I think that's a harsh, condescending, and prejudice judgement and I hope you don't say it to blind people who don't believe in the army of Christ.

In closing, all Christians choose to worship a man who calls himself God and has come to cause chaos on the Earth.

Visiting Nasa.com and browing through their pictures section would be extremely mind altering.

P.s. Do you think "extraterrestrials" all had Jesus come and die for them too? Or do you truly think that we are still the center of Existence?

If you're going to create division, then expect opposition and eventual chaos.

If any of you find the end of the Earth or the "center of the universe", let me know. It's still flat, isn't it?

I love you all, but you really have some serious problems and they're starting to overflow on to the rest of society. We're trying to take care of this so that we can live in peace as Humanity, as Earth.

[edit on 12-4-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

They are told not to judge (or pride themselves in not being so, who knows? The point is, they're confusing, but they always bring up this topic about being non-judgemental), yet they can't ever help from doing so because it is exactly what they are instructed to do!

In one sense you are correct. However, Jesus never instructed them to judge. Their preachers from their "high and mighty" pulpits did. See. offense is taken, at least by me, because of the direction you are aiming your criticism. As far as I am concerned, you can criticize the institution of Christianity all you want, I do my share of it, but, when you start attributing things to Jesus christ that simply isn't true, I will step in and step in in a hurry.

[edit on 12-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

In closing, all Christians choose to worship a man who calls himself God and has come to cause chaos on the Earth.

Did he? Really? Hmmmmm....

Luke 12:8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God...

Matt. 11:19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

And I saw, and bare record that this is the SON OF GOD John 1:34

Behold the LAMB OF GOD which taketh away the sin of the world! John 1:29

Where in those scriptures is Christ referred to as being GOD? No where.

Here, it explicitly states that Christ was made by GOD.

God hath made that same Jesus...both LORD AND CHRIST...Acts 2:36

[edit on 12-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Thank you SpeakerOfTruth,

Your post will be very enlightening for many of the "institutionalized".

Very informative, thank you again

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

You will take any passage from the bible and say, "Jesus was saying this, or this, or this, and if you don't believe me, then you're a demon and you're going to hell."

What comes from me means nothing, unless it comes from him.

The contradiction of Jesus Christ and Christians is this:

Exposing antichrists and nit-picking do's and don't do's in the law books are hardly related.

Hey WiseSheep, will you listen to Jesus and slay me because I deny what's written in the Bible about him, ...

In so doing you slay yourself.

If not, then you are disobeying Christ.

Know him first. Not your master's cunningly devised fables.

damning them to hell and giving up on them because they are not doing what we want them to.

All are on a wide road headed for a lake of fire. All have a chance to turn, until they pass the point of no return.

You're obviously living in fear of people "destroying" you.

The one who has power to cast my soul in hell, is who I fear.

Hey, I'm not out to get you

Even if you were you couldn't.

If I met you I'd give you a hug and share some Human love, unless you ran away from me.

There's no love in one who calculates ways to lead ones away from their only hope.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep
They see satan at work every day and it's reality there.

Missionaries.

If we could ship this bunch of atheists here in the US over there by the plane loads, and dump them out over that continent. They'd be cured of their problem in less than a couple weeks.

You are a vicious one. And you think you are Good? You are totally delusional and violent.

If the blind lead the blind they both fall in the ditch.

WiseSheep, let me help you out of the ditch.

An immortal being cannot die on the cross, give his life, or save you.

Besides, Applegate proves Eve was innocent in that case of fraud, therefore there is no need of salvation, nor Christ.

WiseSheep, you are strong enough to free yourself from the brainwashing you have been inflicted with.

What makes even more sense is that someone cursing and spitting in the face of the only one who has the capability of freeing and restoring them.

Christians wrote that lie. What reason would anyone have to spit at Christ?

You are really sick WiseSheep. Take a break from the church for a few weeks and you will recover.

Columbus

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join