It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Friday Scare for Russian's at Iran Nuke Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I guess the Russian's who are working at the Natanz nuclear facility got a little nervous on Apr 6, as the Iranian military held air defense drills over the facility and the Russians were not notified.

I am guessing someone was believing some of the hype that was being spread by Russian sources concerning an American "sneak attack" which was reported to be on Good Friday April 6.

Russia complains about Iran‘s air drill

MOSCOW - Moscow has complained to Tehran about its air defense exercise near the nuclear plant Russia is building in Iran , Russia‘s Foreign Ministry said Wednesday.

The Iranian air defense forces did not notify Russian officials before conducting maneuvers Friday near the nuclear plant Russia is building in Iran‘s southern port of Bushehr, Russia‘s Foreign Ministry spokesman Mikhail Kamynin said.

Iran had no immediate comment.

There was also no report on how many workers at the facility soiled themselves during the drill.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
I guess the Russian's who are working at the Natanz nuclear facility got a

Correction : The site was Bushehr sorry.

Here is another article on the tense situation caused by the military air defense drill last Friday near Bushehr.

Russia Raps Army Drill Near Bushehr

The Foreign Ministry on Wednesday expressed its annoyance to Tehran over an Iranian air defense exercise near a Russian-built nuclear plant.

The statement reflected the growing tension in bilateral ties over a dispute involving funding for the Bushehr plant, in addition to Moscow's irritation with Iran's refusal to freeze its uranium enrichment program in line with international demands.

The Iranian air defense forces did not notify Russian officials before conducting maneuvers Friday near the nuclear plant, being built by Russia in the southern port of Bushehr, Foreign Ministry spokesman Mikhail Kamynin said.

"The Russian Embassy has expressed bewilderment, and asked that Russian experts in Bushehr be informed about such events in advance," Kamynin said in a statement.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I thought the Russians had downed tools because Iran hadn't made a payment ? as for the exercise situation what is it with Iran its as if there a bunch of school kids creating havoc were ever they go!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
LOL those wild and wacky Iranians!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by u4ria
as for the exercise situation what is it with Iran its as if there a bunch of school kids creating havoc were ever they go!

What with all the talk that US/Israeli's wanting to target Iran's nuclear capabilities? Damn, the nerve of those Irani's for doing some defensive planning.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by u4ria
as for the exercise situation what is it with Iran its as if there a bunch of school kids creating havoc were ever they go!

What with all the talk that US/Israeli's wanting to target Iran's nuclear capabilities? Damn, the nerve of those Irani's for doing some defensive planning.

im not on about there little training sessions, but the point that they didn't even notify the Russian team that they had planed it, i don't blame them for planning for such an event, because at the end of the day if the US and Israel decide to hit them there gonna need it.

top topics

join