It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideas about stonehenge...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Stonehenge Amulets Worn by Elite?

dsc.discovery.com

Forget dressing for success: Clothing ornaments thought to confer supernatural power were all the rage among chiefs and other important people in England 4,000 years ago, say scholars.

A recent find indicates some of these fashion trends might have originally been designed by Stonehenge leaders.

While working two months ago in South Lowestoft, Suffolk, British archaeologist Clare Good excavated a four-sided object made of the mineral jet. It closely matches a geometrically designed gold object found far away at a burial site called Bush Barrow near Stonehenge in Wiltshire.

mod edit to use "ex" tags
Quote Reference.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
heres the two objects

personally I think this claim is a bit tenuous

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
personally I think this claim is a bit tenuous

I agree, the designs are vaguely alike, but there's a lot of differences and the basic elements of the designs are simple and common through different cultures and periods - the zigzag, concentric circles, linear borders. If you sat a dozen kids down all in separate rooms, gave them crayons and paper and asked them to draw patterns, chances are some of them would draw designs that were superficially similar to each other as these are.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
So this is mystic "bling"? I guess some things never change. At least this had magical powers.

top topics

join