It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last of a species....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The GAVIALIDAE consists of only one living species, Gavialis gangeticus or the Indian Gharial. Gavialoids are the most specialized of all crocodylians. They have extremely slender snouts that are used for catching fish in fast moving waters. In fact gavialoids have adapted so well to their fish catching existence that the forelimbs of adults are actually too weak to hold the animals up. Almost their entire life is spent in the water. Now in most crocodylians the fourth tooth of the lower jaw is the main defining characteristic. It's either in a pit in the upper jaw or a groove outside the upper jaw, but gavialines are different. All of their teeth are the same size and they all interlock. This makes for a very effective fish and small animal trap.

www.panda.org...

More on the species:

reptilis.net...

[edit on 11-4-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

[edit on 11-4-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I checked out the links and have forwarded it to whom I think needs to see it
and taken action

There are so many endangered species and many go unnoticed, I really think this would be one of them. I also think this would have an issue for Steve Irwin. Fingers crossed Wildlife Warriors continue the work he started.

cheers

join