It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremely strange thing just happened: conspiracy spelled backwards on my PC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Okay, this is quite possibly the most bizarre thing to happen to me. I was loading info on Denver International Airport in one tab, and in another I was checking the newsgroup alt.binaries.paranormal for anything interesting and was about to switch to alt.binaries.conspiracy.

I went to type that group, with the 'paranormal' highlighted to type over it. As I typed it, my computer froze for a sec - I believe because the DIA page had a _javascript which had started java.

When I looked at the screen, what had been typed in the address bar was 'alt.binaries.cycaripsno'

Not exactly reversed, the c remains, but the rest is reversed. About the only logical conclusions I can come up with is either a short circuit in my brain - I type quite fast and it tends to be an automatic process most times - or a short circuit in Windows or the computer itself. The brain short circuit seems most likely, but that's a long word, even at my typing speed, for the brain to completely misfire on.

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Well, could actualy be that because Java was loading the keybuffer that had the rest of the word in it got spewed out backwards.

On the other hand, Denver International itself is rife with conspiracy fodder. Its full of masonic oddities.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
just to point out, _javascript and java are two totally separate computer languages. _javascript is a text based language which can be changed instantly whilst java is an object oriented programming language which needs to be compiled again if any change is made to it.

on my pc if java is used, it does freeze the pc up momentarily whilst it loads up the java applet... its very annoying!

ive had instances occasionally where something happens when open firefox and type something in the google search box but something happens whilst firefox is still loading and it ends up putting the end of the word i was typing at the beginning but this is just some buggy annoyance and nothing sinister. not the same as backwards typing but just a half jumbled up word.

there are some viruses and trojans out there that can make your text write itself backwards though. perhaps you should run some scans.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Weird things do happen but there is usually an answer, once I fried my keyboard and it typed 66666666666666666 over and over all by itself. It was just the number 6 but it could have been any number and only because the number 666 has significance did it seem to mean anything, but what it meant is I had fried my keyboard, nothing more.

There is probably just some sort of technical glitch like justyc explained.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
You gotta love synchronicity. I just opened ATS and checked this post. Within seconds of reading justyc's response, my AV updater opened itself. I'm not necessarily saying this means anything, but it is a little freaky.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Looks like a coincidence. Like goose said, out of all the scripts Java makes, there's got to be something in there that looks funny or like a word that we know. Like here, I'll just do a bunch of random mumbo jumbo on my keyboard...

poisasmndapmncbakzhxturnksalcnbbacompsirachdyajlkcmnbx

AHH! Compsirachdy! It's like .. conspiracy! EEEEK!!

There's nothing paranormal or special about finding a word in a bunch of mumbo jumbo!

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I think maybe you should read my OP again. It doesn't seem like you understand what happened at all.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
I think maybe you should read my OP again. It doesn't seem like you understand what happened at all.

that's what I was going to say.

anyway, that's extremely strange. I've never had a word come up backwards. I have had slight freezes, as stated above, where one part of a word ends up in front of another. But, to have been spelled backwrds like that it would have had to load the C and had a micro-freeze between each other letter that was loading. and these usually occur when someone types, usually and address that comes up on a page is not effected. at least I've never seen that happen. maybe looking to far into it, but you never can be too careful in the world of the patriot act and a government sanctioned Internet 2.0

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Yeah, that stuff's not coincidence.

top topics

join