It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Producer: PBS dropped 'Islam vs. Islamists' on political grounds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Producer: PBS dropped 'Islam vs. Islamists' on political grounds

www.azcentral.com

The producer of a tax-financed documentary on Islamic extremism claims his film has been dropped for political reasons from a television series that airs next week on more than 300 PBS stations nationwide.

Key portions of the documentary focus on Dr. M. Zuhdi Jasser of Phoenix and his American Islamic Forum for Democracy, a non-profit organization of Muslim Americans who advocate patriotism, constitutional democracy and a separation of church and state.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.azcentral.com

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I have no idea what to think about this. I just hope that this is not being done out of fear or for a political agenda. I hope that PBS is better than that. What do people think about this? Should it be aired? I see no reason why it shouldn't. There is no evidence presented herein--although these views are by interested parties--that says that the documentary was meant to stoke hatred or do anything other than present another side to the story. I hope that my friends who are upset that speech rights in some places seem to be being watered down are as upset about this as well.

www.azcentral.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/10/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I think I remember hearing on an NPR program last year around October/November about a political argument over the appointment of the new head of PBS. All indications that it was political motivated as the Bush adminstration wanted someone in that position as they felt that PBS was not producing enough programs to support their point of view. It sounds right for what is going on currently in Washington right now.

new topics

join