It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturn's Hexagon Is No Mystery

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyespy2
It's not definite, but the vibrational waves will carry throughout the entire solar system.

Huh!?! Explain...

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by VladTheImpaler
How exactly, do you suggest that the sound waves you are referring too are able to pass through the vast emptiness of space in order to reach Earth? Last time i checked sound only propagates through matter, there is no sound in space.

And why do you assume that 'aliens' living beneath the surface of Saturn would have the same concepts of "good" and "evil" as we humans do?

It is in my opinion that this post is beyond stupid.

1st. We feel the radiant heat from the sun - electromagnetic energy - photons. This energy carries a vibration that touches the entire solar system and beyond. Sound doesn't carry in a vacum, but energy moves perfectly well within it.

2nd. It is not any perticular alien's concept of what good and evil means that would have the most affect on us, but an alien race looking to screw around with our heads, would most likely have a firm grasp of OUR concepts of good and evil in order to be most affective, don't you think?

3rd. To be beyond stupid, one first must be at least stupid. Since when was it stupid to look up into the sky and try to figure out the who, why, when and where of it all? Isn't that what this site is all about?

4th. Perhaps the device my so-called "Saturnian" aliens are opperating, is working just fine, on you my friend.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by eyespy2]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Yes its aliens, giant ones just like the ones that created the Giants Causeway that goes from Northern Ireland to Scotland. Huge hexagaonal basalt.......or maybe its a natural shape and only the ignorant invent mythical beings to explain what they don't understand as people from all cultures all over the world have done throughout history.

Hexagonal shapes in vibrating fluids, a well known phenomenon although I suspect a lab hasn't yet produced one the size of a planet, you need giants for that

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Interesting thread. Check out this: Singing Saturn electric

Also see other related sites (many many sites on the topic):
GOOGLE sounds from saturn
GOOGLE sounds from space

[edit on 11-4-2007 by GameSetMatch]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   

1st. We feel the radiant heat from the sun - electromagnetic energy - photons. This energy carries a vibration that touches the entire solar system and beyond. Sound doesn't carry in a vacum, but energy moves perfectly well within it.

I don't quite understand how these sounds waves created in the depths of Saturn manages to turn into light waves (or some other form of energy) which eventually reach Earth. However I'm not going to argue with this because I don't know enough about the science behind it.

2nd. It is not any perticular alien's concept of what good and evil means that would have the most affect on us, but an alien race looking to screw around with our heads, would most likely have a firm grasp of OUR concepts of good and evil in order to be most affective, don't you think?

So why would they want to 'screw around with our heads'? What is their motive?

3rd. To be beyond stupid, one first must be at least stupid. Since when was it stupid to look up into the sky and try to figure out the who, why, when and where of it all? Isn't that what this site is all about?

It's not stupid to look for answers, however it is foolish to leap to conclusions based on no scientific evidence what so ever. You're making a huge leap of faith when you try to explain something we do not understand as of yet with such fantasy. I hope you don't REALLY believe in this, but that you're merley entertaining just that, a fantasy.

4th. Perhaps the device my so-called "Saturnian" aliens are opperating, is working just fine, on you my friend.

I don't need a hypothetical device on Saturn spreading evil energy to my mind to explain away why I'm an asshole. I already understand and accept the reasoning behind most of my actions.

Vlad

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I was reading your post thinking how good it was and that I should give you a WATS for it, when I noticed how loud the ringing in my ears was, actually I was thinking how it was louder than it had ever been.

It's called Tinnitus. It's a normal effect caused by damage to your ears.

I should know having nearly been deafened over the years, listening to ACDC over my 2k rig

If you want to learn more about Tinnitus you can go here.

Tinnitus - CNN Health Library.

Tinnitus involves the annoying sensation of hearing sounds in your ear when no external sound is present. Signs and symptoms may include:

Noise in your ear, such as ringing, buzzing, roaring, whistling or hissing
Hearing loss
The noise may vary in pitch from a low roar to a high squeal, and you may hear it in one or both of your ears. In some cases, the sound can be so loud it interferes with your ability to concentrate or hear properly.
Source: Tinnitus - CNN Health Library.

There is even a registered Tinnitus charity... feel like giving??

The British Tinnitus Association

What is tinnitus?

Tinnitus is the name given to the condition of noises 'in the ears' and/or 'in the head' with no external source. Tinnitus noises are described variously as ringing, whistling, buzzing and humming.

The noise/s may be heard in one ear, both ears or in the middle of the head or it may be difficult to pinpoint its exact location. The noise may be low, medium or high-pitched. There may be a single noise or two or more components. The noise may be continuous or it may come and go.

What causes tinnitus?

Tinnitus is not a disease or an illness, it is a symptom generated within a person's own auditory pathways. Although it is often assumed that tinnitus occurs as a result of disease of the ears, this is often not the cause. The precise cause of tinnitus is still not fully understood but is usually associated with some hearing deficits.

Who gets tinnitus?

Experiences of tinnitus are very common in all age groups, especially following exposure to loud noise, however, it is unusual for it to be a major problem. There is a widely held misconception that tinnitus is confined to the elderly, but various studies have shown that it can occur at any age, even quite young children. Mild tinnitus is common - about 10 per cent of the population have it all the time and, in up to one per cent of adults, this may affect the quality of their life.
Source: The British Tinnitus Association

This is more than likely the cause of your ringing ears.

I might also add that the premise that sound waves are somehow able to travel from Saturn to here is not physically possible. Sound needs a physical medium by which the waves can travel.

Since space is a void sound cannot be transmitted.

So I wouldn't be too worried about any alien sound waves traversing the cosmos if I was you.

Although the hexagon appearing in nature may seem to be strangely ordered, don't be mislead into thinking intelligence. The hexagon is a common occurrence throughout nature, it is an extremely flexible and efficient shape.

I might also add that the fundamental laws of physics state that order comes from chaos and so it is not unexpected to see this shape in a chaotic system.

Whether or not this occurrence was expected is beside the point, it is however a thing of beauty and should be admired as such, not feared.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This all seems possible to me. IF the frequency was a low enough tone it would almost certainly have to reverberate out into space, right? And yes, i do understand that space is a vaccume, and should have no sound. but bass is a low tone and a vibration..so it would be the vibration that affects us.
What crossed my mind though while reading this is:
using the ideas that are in the video, would it be possible to recreate something like that using our own oceans? (not that we would want to.) But it would be a sure fire way of letting someone know we were down here.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Holy smoke!! Thanks to our friend, GameSetMatch: who knew Cassini, and the NASA boys and girls were already studying this. Click the link below to listen to the "Eerie Sounds of Saturn's Radio Emissions"

www.nasa.gov...

Here's the article from NASA
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyanther
This all seems possible to me. IF the frequency was a low enough tone it would almost certainly have to reverberate out into space, right? And yes, i do understand that space is a vaccume, and should have no sound. but bass is a low tone and a vibration..so it would be the vibration that affects us.

Sound is a form of vibration! It does not matter the frequency, sound is still vibrations in matter.

What kind of vibrations that would affect us are you talking about?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyanther

Space is void... space cannot be used as a medium to transmit sound waves...

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
video.google.com.au... At 13:23 doesn't that look exactly like the pictures from Saturn?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze

Space is void... space cannot be used as a medium to transmit sound waves...

Folks, any particle traveling through space with an electron, creates a vibration. Then there is also the so-called dark matter which many believe space is made of. Again, protons, electrons, atoms, quarks, etc. Where there is movement within, there is vibration. Where there is vibration there is sound, whether you can hear it or ot.

Thank god we can't hear all of the electrons spinning around in our bodies. But without them, where would we be.

mod edit: edited nested quote
Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Perhaps you'll think I'm being silly, but I have spoken to quite a few people who claim to hear a constant, high-pitched ringing in their ears? Perhaps it's not bothering you, or making you do strange things, but it is certainly causing a lot of people on this planet to wig out.

Whoa.. I was reading this thread b/c I am interested in the hexagon as well, but when you said this my tired eyes perked up. I wasn't sure if I was the only one hearing the ringing, but its most definately there. I hear it at random times, mostly when I am alone with relative silence or minimal noise. I'm not ready to jump to conclusions as to what may be causing it, but its definately there.. Anyone else?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
video.google.com.au... At 13:23 doesn't that look exactly like the pictures from Saturn?

PsykoOps,

Brilliant!!! Great find! There is a definite hexagon pattern there. I don't know if you've had a chance to hear this yet...
www.nasa.gov...

...recorded by Cassini, but this afternoon, we're going to mess around with this sound from saturn in the recording studio and see what we get when it's slowed down.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Yeah it does a little. Check out this video.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I was trying NOT to get flamed for what i was trying to say and just ended up stumbling over my own words. you can hear a sound and feel a vibration, but you can't hear a vibration....and if the tone is low enought, you can't hear it, just feel it......eh just forget it.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by kyanther]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
GameSetMatch,

That's awesome!!

It's amazing how much information I have recieved from everyone who participated in this thread. I really want to thank you.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by eyespy2]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Could it be possbile that Saturn could be going through the initial stages of fusion reaction?

Since we do not know exactly how a star is 'born' and that Saturn and Jupiter are 'failed' stars (gas giants) could it be that 'we' are really witnessing a stage in star development?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Holy smoke!! Thanks to our friend, GameSetMatch: who knew Cassini, and the NASA boys and girls were already studying this. Click the link below to listen to the "Eerie Sounds of Saturn's Radio Emissions"

www.nasa.gov...

Great find!
Wow... probably not the best idea to have listened to that 12 at night, right before I go to bed.

Anything interesting when reversed? I'll try it out now... although I think how it is does the job fine in freaking the hell outta me!

[edit on 11/4/07 by Navieko]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
using the wav that was posted, i ran it through the spectra view in audition...nothing special, but i thought it was at least pretty. I didn't get anything playing the file in reverse, but got some nice undertones when I used the vocal remove tool. Too bad i can't use the 5.1 speakers with it right now. Here's the image of the sound...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join