It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 16-year-old reportedly threw a brick at his 11-year-old brother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

A 16-year-old reportedly threw a brick at his 11-year-old brother

www.lufkindailynews.com

A 16-year-old reportedly threw a brick at his 11-year-old brother during an argument over a pair of socks Thursday, a police report stated. The older brother, apparently upset with the younger one over a pair of socks, dragged the pre-teen across the floor before chasing him outside with a baseball bat in hand, the report stated. Once outside, the teen grabbed a brick and threw it at his brother\'s face. The boy was able to block the brick with his hand, the report stated. He suffered cuts to hi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Where are the parents to these kids ?

Why do we keep asking what is happening to our world, when the answer is right in front of our faces.

This is the second time I have seen something where the parents of children have called the police on them. Whenever I was a kid I wish that my dad would have called the police on me. Rather than get my respect.(ATTENTION) ... I learned many valuable lessons from this. Even little lessons from I couldn\'t play with my sisters especially rough because they always acted HURT.(even when they may have not been hurt) Yet, I still got my butt torn up. Hence making me realize it doesn\'t matter what I do or what I say I do. If I put myself in the position for others to tell another side of the story why even put myself in that POSITION ??

Many other MORALS that kids do not learn anymore because parents are so scared of getting in trouble with whomever .......................

www.lufkindailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Not that I'm saying that this is right, but I can almost see the reasoning behind this. Being sixteen myself and having a brother that's eleven I know that whether or not what you do is right, sometimes you just loose it. Kids at that age have a way of getting on your nerves and driving you to violence.

Although I haven't gone as far as throwing bricks of actual use of weapons on my younger brother, there's been times where I've had to be the disciplinarian in my house. Stuff like this happens.

But remember boys and girls, throwing a brick is still going a bit far over a pair of socks.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Who the heck would post such a stupid news article ?? Who cares ?

My dog pee'd on the carpet, should I post it as news ??

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I have many times felt like pummeling my little brother with a rock but I would never do that. I guess thats what separates nuts from normal people

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Get ready. You're going to see a lot more of this behavior in the future.

Prescription drugs are connected to school shootings and other violence, yet more drugs are touted as the solution

Mass drugging of schoolchildren remains dark secret of public education, psychiatry

All of this comes down to the mass medication of the public with trace amounts of prescription drugs. In another words, if you're drinking tap water that's tainted with these drugs, you're getting a little bit of Prozac whether you like it or not. And since we now know that antidepressant drugs promote violent behavior, including suicides and homicides, there's justified alarm at the idea that we're going to medicate the entire country with trace amounts of antidepressant drugs in one grand experiment. Maybe we'll just dump all of these drugs into the water supply, and step back and see what happens.

Source: Antidepressant drugs found in drinking water; pharmaceuticals have now become environmental pollutants

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
School Shootings

Psychiatrists certainly do not know all the answers when it comes to the recent spate of school shootings, but we do know some of the most pressing questions. For example, is there a difference in the psychological makeup of adult shooters versus student, or juvenile, shooters? To what degree does untreated psychosis or depression play a part in the shooter's seemingly inexplicable behavior? How important is bullying in motivating some students to seek revenge on their peers? What are the earliest warning signs of an impending attack by an assailant of any age?

new topics

top topics

join