It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something you dont see in the media (a must see)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
this is from my refrence to islam and after watching the clip i had to post it here.

i reccomend everyone watch both clips

these videos shows something you dont see in the media these days that much
muslims going out there way to help their comunity not for money but to imrove the lives of those that are around them.

they founded the clinic in 1996 and have been running for more then 10 years.

these videos shows muslims dont hate america or the american people.
and the way of life.

speaker at the senete talking about the clinic

link to umma clinic site
www.ummaclinic.org...

[edit on 10-4-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Excellent post and I do hope everyone sees this.We should not judge all muslims or any other beliefs based on the radicals who like to
I have flagged this thread as I think it is of great importance. You are correct in that you would never see a story like this on the nightly news it's all the doom gloom and fear thats pushed into your brain.Somebody needs to start reporting only good news for a change.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
thanks

i found almost all things reported in the media is muslims extremeists blowing up market places and so forth but never the true muslims
doing their part for society.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Good stuff, thank you Bodrul in doing your part in eliminating the ignorance and misinformation that is so common today, especially in America, good stuff

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
im supprised no one else is paying any notice to this :shk:
must be because they dont expect american muslims to be holding US values in this mannor :shk:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   

another video muslims giving money to repair churches damaged by violance after the pope speach

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
no one has a comment for these 3 videos?
people on ats always say they dont see enough muslims help and so forth

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Don't worry Bodrul, I'm sure alot of people are checking out this thread, perhaps they are shy to comment? Or maybe they don't know what to say? Great thread though, man.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
"You have voted bodrul for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month"

Much kudos Bodrul. Do not worry about the lack of replies... It could possibly be that the radical anti-islamic elements of this board are a little stumped on what to say

Anyway, excellent thread

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terran Blue
"You have voted bodrul for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month"

Anyway, excellent thread

I tried to vote him for way above, but I don't know if it worked, both times a blank window popped up, hmm

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
In the interests of putting things into perspective and gaining a balanced view,heres the excellent documentary 'Undercover mosque' which aired here in England earlier this year.
video.google.co.uk...
And heres another short clip on wifebeating.
www.shoutfile.com...
Whilst I agree with you that not all muslims indulge in preaching hatred,bigotry and prejudice -many do and its a disgrace.
The more often moderate muslims actualy denounce ,criticise and condemn these fanatics the better it will be for everybody.
Regards Karl

[edit on 01/24/07 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
In the interests of putting things into perspective and gaining a balanced view,heres the excellent documentary 'Undercover mosque' which aired here in England earlier this year.
video.google.co.uk...
And heres another short clip on wifebeating.
www.shoutfile.com...
[edit on 01/24/07 by karl 12]

thats not really balanced prospective as its kind of biased as its from one prospective. which shows doesnt show the full picture just those of a small minority.

also thanks for changing my topic

i put this to show the good muslims do not that of a small minority which everyone already knows about

no offence

[edit on 14-4-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Far from it ,I think the more moderate muslims openly criticise and condemn these delusional,religious fanatics the better.
Its a shame is when people of the islam faith fail to say anything for fear of being labelled a bad muslim.
Moderate muslims who denounce these extremists should be applauded and supported-especialy the wababalist section of islam who beleive kaffirs (derrogative name for a non muslim)should be converted on pain of death
Its interesting that the Pakistani government has just executed a man for blasphemy - What are your feelings on this?
I think it is indefensible and barbaric.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Moderate muslims who denounce these extremists should be applauded and supported-especialy the wababalist section of islam who beleive kaffirs (derrogative name for a non muslim)should be converted on pain of death

Originally posted by bodrul
Converting others to islam and None muslims

source 1
In Islamic teachings, a Muslim is not allowed to force others to convert. "Let there be no compulsion in religion...." (Al-Islam - Al-Baqarah: 256)

"Jihad is not a war to force the faith on others, as many people think of it. It should never be interpreted as a way of compulsion of the belief on others, since there is an explicit verse in the Qur'an that says: 'There is no compulsion in religion' Al-Qur'an: Al-Baqarah (2:256)." ( Islamic Server of MSA-USC)

Instead, a Muslim must be respectful of other religions. By extension, an Islamic government is not allowed to compel anyone to be a Muslim.

Source 2
409. One should not forget the great practical importance attached to the fact that Muslims obey their system of law as something of Divine origin, and not merely the will of the majority of the leaders of the country. In this latter case, the minority enters on a struggle so that its own conceptions may prevail. In the democracies of our time, not only do the majorities often change from election to election but are also constituted or disintegrated by all sorts of commutations and combinations, and the party in power tries to upset the policy pursued by its predecessors, causing, among other changes, the modification of laws. Without entering here into the question of the adaptability of Islamic laws to the exigencies of social evolution, one might deem it as an incontestable truth that there is greater stability in the Muslim law - due to the Divine origin - than in any other secular legislation of the world with the following result :

410. The Islamic law ordains justice to, and observation of certain rules regarding the non-Muslims. These therefore feel no apprehension in the face of political quarrels and parliamentary elections of the country of their residence, with regard to the Islamic laws in force. The ruler or parliament cannot modify them.

Its interesting that the Pakistani government has just executed a man for blasphemy - What are your feelings on this?
I think it is indefensible and barbaric.

im not a big Fan of pakistan regardless if they are muslim nation
but i dont see what this has to do with the topic

new topics

top topics

join