It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who park in handicap spots who aren't handicapped are rectum holes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, if you use a handicap spot and you're not handicapped, fate's gonna bite you in the butt and you're gonna have to use it one day. Those people piss me off! Lazy scumbags!!!!

I'm so paranoid that I don't even walk up a wheelchair ramp unless it's totally necessary.

Peace

[edit on 10-4-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
That's is true. I see alot of it. People who just parks there for no reason.

One day I saw a van with a wheelchair man who had to park all the way in the back because People who were not hadicapped had parked in his spot. How sad this is.

I think if funny when they get that $100.00 ticket.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by Shar]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Funny how you just wrote this. I use the internet at the local libraries with my laptop.

Yesterday I seen his lady parking in the handicaped parking spot. She Wobbled out and entered the library.

I checked to see if she had a handicapped placard and she did. What pissed me off was......

She wasn't handicapped. She was real fat and lazy! :bnghd:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Agreed! But don't always judge them as not worthy of a parking spot because they don't have a limp. I used to do this until I asked my father and was told that those stickers can be handed out for heart and respitory problems as well.

However, if you are fat, no way should you have one of those stickers. A little extra walking will help.

ps, I didn't even get a handicapped sticker when I did this:

I still am in almost constant pain and struggle to walk. And yet, I didn't even ask for one of those stickers because I would have felt guilty using it and taking it from people who a permanently handicapped.

Wow, I like this Rant forum, feels good.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WellSee
Agreed! But don't always judge them as not worthy of a parking spot because they don't have a limp. I used to do this until I asked my father and was told that those stickers can be handed out for heart and respitory problems as well.

Interesting. I never thought of that! I really don't think that fat lady had any real problems though.

Man. You had alot of pins in your leg. My sister was playing around with her boyfriend and her leg got trapped under the couch. They both twisted and her ankle snapped into many peaces.

Her ankle had twenty pins in it for 3 months. She had to quit ice skating because of the pins freezing.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Modemizer

I checked to see if she had a handicapped placard and she did. What pissed me off was......

Careful now.
Some people are overweight through no fault of their own.
My sis-in-law was an example. It was genetic, and all that weight eventually blew out both of her knees..She could walk fairly normally, just not for long periods of time.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by spacedoubt]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
That they do that...

If I were to ever do it one time out of necessity, I would get busted. But I see it all the time at resturants, supermarkets, etc.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Modemizer

Careful with the finger pointing. I have a good friend who has handicapped plates on his car. If you look at him, he looks fine, but he has heart trouble and shortness of breath.

Also, many parents with children who have disabilities get handicapped parking. When you see then get out of the car, they are fine, but their child's wheelchair is in the trunk.

Tim

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I typically just park far away and walk rather than try and hunt for a closer space (I'm not handicapped, BTW). I figure by the time it takes me to look for a close space to subsidide any laziness, I could park further, away from people banging my car door and walk in faster than it would take to grab a closer spot. I will park close if it is obvious that there is a close space (non-handicapped) available.

Some people may have handicapped permits, but may not be handicapped themselves -- they may have a handicapped spouse or child who needs medication -- being able to park close and get in and out quickly would be of benefit to a family member who might need medication quickly.

I try not to judge the person based on their own apparent health or dexterity (see above). If they have the permit, then they can park there, period.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I have a disabled placard and I don't look disabled, but I qualify for one and I use it. I have two small children and the space near the store is much easier to use and doesn't hurt my back as bad as schlepping in from the rear of the parking lot. My first point: you can't judge someone's disability just by looking at them sometimes.

That said, I HATE when I go to Wal-Mart and there are twelve hoopdies in the disabled slots and nary a one has a placard. The lazy bastards really piss me off.

The ones that REALLY get me are the ones that pull up in a disabled spot, let their wife out and sit yakking on their cell phones because they're too lazy to go park somewhere while they wait for her to shop. And then get mad at me when I say something to them about how they have no right to park there.

It's a $270 fine to illegally park in a disabled slot here, but people still do it.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Personally it pisses me off that people park in handycapped spots without placards. I automatically suspect that you aren't handycapped if you don't have a blue placard hanging from your rear view mirror.

Also, people abuse temporary placards. They throw them in to their glove boxes and use them when it's convenient. For instance I saw someone park a few times in a handycapped spot and then jog out of their car go into a store and not think twice. They had one of those temporary cards hanging from the window. I looked at the placard and it was expired for two years. So people like that piss me off.

I think that temporary handycapped placards should be made from some sort of ink that changes color or has "void" appear on it after a few months. The date of expiration will always be printed on it in case it changes color early but it would prevent people from abusing the temporary cards so easily.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
AGREED. Non handicapped parking in handicapped spots. UGH!

WORSE - Non handicapped getting handicapped parking stickers. UGH

Of course - I guess they could have heart problems or something else that we can't see. But generally - I doubt it.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Personally it pisses me off that people park in handycapped spots without placards. I automatically suspect that you aren't handycapped if you don't have a blue placard hanging from your rear view mirror.

Don't forgat some people have it on the licenspate! You can't assume they are illegaly packed because they don't have a mirror hangar.

Tim

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Ghost,

I check the license plates too. I'm not that quick to judge. But if nothing checks out and they are abusing a system designed to make your life and many others with similar circumstances a little bit easier than it pisses me off. A car keying for those types should be in order but alas I don't stoop to those lows.

If someone has a handycapped anything on their car that appears legit than I go easy on them when driving too. Also, I do the same thing with anybody transporting a dog in the car. I have a soft spot for dogs. But an a-hole abusing handycapped spots for selfish reasons like not wanting to walk another 20 feet so that someone with spinal abifida has to circle around the block for 15 minutes to find parking or find somewhere else to go to handle whatever business they were trying to do, is probably the same guy who drives a new mercedes parks it gets out and then uses food stamps at mc donalds. Frauds!

new topics

top topics

join