It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange UFO in Peru (with video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
"In what looks like a meteor crashing down from the sky, this object rules out that possibility as it suddenly changes direction." - Quote from the youtube page

I did hunt around to see if this had been posted before - there is no date with the video that I can see, and I don't speak Spanish/Peruvian, so I can't tell if the reporter mentions it or not.

I think the video is proof it is not a meteor, but what else could "steer" on it's descent down from the atmosphere? It seems to make one large correction before the video ends.

Is there any band of atmosphere that could create such a thermodynamic change that could alter trajectories of falling objects, I wonder?

EDIT: Video link would help!

[edit on 10-4-2007 by adjay]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjay
"In what looks like a meteor crashing down from the sky, this object rules out that possibility as it suddenly changes direction." - Quote from the youtube page

I did hunt around to see if this had been posted before - there is no date with the video that I can see, and I don't speak Spanish/Peruvian, so I can't tell if the reporter mentions it or not.

I think the video is proof it is not a meteor, but what else could "steer" on it's descent down from the atmosphere? It seems to make one large correction before the video ends.

Is there any band of atmosphere that could create such a thermodynamic change that could alter trajectories of falling objects, I wonder?

EDIT: Video link would help!

[edit on 10-4-2007 by adjay]

A meteor can APPARENTLY change direction. Keep in mind it's often very difficult to determine whether a meteor or re-entering space debris. is moving towards you or away from you.

In this video, the meteor is quite close to the horizon, so it could be coming in through quite a lot of atmosphere. That would explain the apparently short trail. As it gets close, its cross track motion is apparently amplified because the atmosphere is deflecting it more and it's closer.

So, I see nothing really anomalous here. It would have been cool to see, but not particularly strange.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by disownedsky]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Great video. But I don't think it's an ET.

It looks like a meteor or something with a contrail. I don't remember seeing anything about ETs having contrails.

But great find anyways. Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Here is the vid:

To me this is quite strange. As far as I know, meteros can indeed shift direction, but usually it isn't in a curved manner like in this video. I could be wrong though..

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
What everyone forgets is........" Norad"....... tracts everything in-coming they know exactly what that is I have no doubt.

It seems that this is not the first object in the last year that has looked similiar flying through our skies.

NORAD knows exactly where that came from and where it was going to end.

Get on Norad.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky
A meteor can APPARENTLY change direction. Keep in mind it's often very difficult to determine whether a meteor or re-entering space debris. is moving towards you or away from you.
[edit on 10-4-2007 by disownedsky]

Yeah, but I think the video shows that it's not an "apparent" change, but an "actual", and sudden change of direction. I would expect an apparent change to be more fluid, and slow, and also happen a few times as it descends, following some kind of logarithmic curve.

I'm not convinced it's an ET btw.. But very convinced it's a UFO.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
That one has been posted here before. General concensus is that it is just a plane making a turn, with the low sun lighting up the contrial from below.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I don't think that that consensus was right myself.

What is interesting is there have been more of this type sighting in the past several months.

I observe the sky and I don't think that was civilian but I still say Norad knows.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
wow thanks for the video link it looks pretty real with all these UFO sightings it not going to be long before we actually make contact with an alien race i wonder if there are other set of humans out there somewhere would be pretty cool if there was another human race. that's not from a parallel world.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Nice find ,meteor i gotta say imo esp if meteors can app change course,lets say if it was an ET craft it could only be one that is going down ..not ?

If "proof" of ET's are real then ET crafts will usually speed away with incredible speeds,moving in any direction,up ,down,sideways anyway you know what i mean while this ufo seem to have entered our atmosphere and moving @ what looks to me at at a speed of a jet/plane,nothing WOW like it's jumping around in the sky ..but still amazing video,i do not know how "exited" i would be just seeing something exactly like this.

Then again i don't know anything about m1,m2 speed or such things this is all my opinion and i suppose we do get different alien crafts,just maybe not all their crafts are as "jumpy" or have the response time as others do and can go down or enter at a speed we as humans have achieved.

Nice video,it was something come plane,meteor or a ET ship

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjay

Yeah, but I think the video shows that it's not an "apparent" change, but an "actual", and sudden change of direction. I would expect an apparent change to be more fluid, and slow, and also happen a few times as it descends, following some kind of logarithmic curve.

I'm not convinced it's an ET btw.. But very convinced it's a UFO.

A logarithmic curve? But atmospheric density is exponential with altitude, and the altitude drop at the end of the trajectory can be very sharp.

What you see on a video or photograph is recorded in two dimension. The object is moving in three dimensions.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   

A logarithmic curve? But atmospheric density is exponential with altitude, and the altitude drop at the end of the trajectory can be very sharp.

Yeah I was thinking whatever it was may have held a straight course but hit a visible "turning point" on this curve. It's not anything naturally obvious when watching it. I would think a meteor or similar would follow a curve like this *generally* and "appear" to deviate when viewed at wide angles/distances.

What you see on a video or photograph is recorded in two dimension. The object is moving in three dimensions.

Well technically, it's recorded as 3, but the data is "translated" to a 2d format. The third dimension can be spotted at most angles tho, isometrically. This object does however appear to be a bit too far to make out the z depth with much accuracy.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Amazing, I am not sure what to believe about the replies.

I've never seen a meteor change direction like that, it's one thing to change the angle of ascension due to atmosphere, but direction?

Can anyone provide a link to a video that shows this? Unless you've seen it and can show me, I will have to decline that option. Thats like saying you can shoot a bullet from a hot air balloon and have it zing sideways away from you.

And a Plane?? I've never seen a plane without the plane itself. Again, can anyone show me a video that can explain how this is a plane ?

Im not saying I know what it is, but Im pretty convinced, atm, that I know what it's not.....

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Here's a small clip of a meteor, with breaking up and plenty of meteors to follow the trails of - I think the differences are very obvious already, even considering the differences in altitude, velocity, etc.

I think you can see some slight apparant changes in a few of these, but no directional changes. I think also if it was an apparant change, the trail wouldn't change so drastically either?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
How about this meteor, it changes direction even more drastic than the other one

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

A meteor can APPARENTLY change direction.

Correct, but please bear in mind that in cases where this has been observed, the change in direction is always very subtle - certainly no turns, although a long meteor may appear to very gradually ark across the sky in a curve. Either way, meteor and space junk can be ruled out, as their momentum makes turns impossible. I'll have to clarify this in my guide I think!

Keep in mind it's often very difficult to determine whether a meteor or re-entering space debris. is moving towards you or away from you.

Agreed!

In this video, the meteor is quite close to the horizon, so it could be coming in through quite a lot of atmosphere.

Your reasoning is a little confused here - if the object in question was a meteor(or anyhing else in the sky for that matter), being close to the horizon says very little about the altitude the meteor is at. Here is a rough diagram (not to scale obviously) I put together to illustrate why:

Notice the observer (in black) can see the meteor on the left only just above the horizon (line of sight in red), yet it is actually higher in the atmosphere than the meteor on the right.

That would explain the apparently short trail. As it gets close, its cross track motion is apparently amplified because the atmosphere is deflecting it more and it's closer.

Correct in as far as perspective can make something long appear to be short. I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say in the second part!

So, I see nothing really anomalous here.

Agreed!

[edit on 9-11-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm going to have to go with jet w/ short contrail on this one, for the reasons I gave above.

Also, a meteor or space junk would indefinables announce it's self-luminosity... that alone leaves no doubt in my mind on this one.

I've seen plenty of meteors, a few suspected minor space-junk re-entries, lots of jets/contrails, and this bears all the hallmarks of the latter.

top topics

join