It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Arabs view, of Iraq.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The following are statements made by various officials from various Arab states, regarding the situation in Iraq.
www.afterdowningstreet.org.../21082

IZZ-AL-DIN AL-DARWISH IN SYRIA’S TISHRIN:
The US administration insists on swimming against the tide and continues to deceive the American public by lying about the war against Iraq and its foreign policy. It should… publicly admit its mistakes and apologise to the Americans and the Iraqis before it is too late.

IRAN’S REFORMIST E’TEMAD-E MELLI:
It is time we asked about the cost of toppling Saddam. Bush and his team have upset the balance of the region and caused its people enormous pain. The consequences of the Americans’ imprudent attack on Iraq are irreversible.

GHASSAN SHARBAL IN PAN-ARAB AL-HAYAT:
Four years on, there are as many deaths as there are palm trees in Iraq. George Bush committed a great foolishness that brought catastrophe to the nation of Iraq and long-term damage to the security of the region and the world.

PAN-ARAB AL-ARAB AL-ALAMIYAH:
Four years on from the fall of Baghdad, no-one among the Iraqi people has emerged carrying white … flags, as Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Tony Blair dreamed they would.

ABD-AL-BARI ATWAN IN PAN-ARAB AL-QUDS AL-ARABI:
Today, on the fourth anniversary of the fall of Baghdad, Iraq is experiencing the worst conditions it has ever seen. There is no water, electricity or security, no schools, universities or hospitals. The only things readily available are graves and mortuaries. Iraq today is a republic of real fear, whose people are escaping in hundreds and thousands. It is living through the worst kind of torture and death.

SAUDI ARABIA’S AL-WATAN:
After four years of occupation, the facts, figures and course of events show that the biggest loser is the Iraqi people. A single glance at Iraq on the anniversary of its occupation is enough to know the magnitude of the humanitarian tragedy Iraqis are living through.

AHMAD DAHBUR IN PALESTINIAN AL-HAYAT AL-JADIDAH:
The ninth of April is a sad day. Baghdad became the second Arab capital after Jerusalem to fall to invaders… Today, Iraqi resistance fighters are showing the entire world a great example of the prophecy which says that all occupations are destined to fail.

TAHIR AL-IDWAN IN JORDAN’S AL-ARAB AL-YAWM:
The Iraqi resistance has succeeded in breaking the United States’ arrogance of power and its theories about pre-emptive military strikes. It has also broken its claim to be in sole command of the world’s affairs.

QATAR’S AL-WATAN:
At a time when bloody chaos and destruction is spreading in Iraq, the US administration has no political solution to the crisis. With opposition to the war growing in the United States, we hope that the US president will reconsider his policy.

Seems pretty clear to me, the people in the area, the people who actually understand the arab world, seem to think this is a situation that is spiralling out of control, with no hope for peace.

Thankyou President Bush, I really hope your friends are also thanking you, for allowing them to make so much money, of the blood of Iraqi's.

You will be held responsible for this one day, and i believe that will be the day, Iraqi's rejoice and actually stand side by side with Americans, thanking both their gods that the TRUE evil, has been prosectued in the same manner we forced Saddam to be prosecuted.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

ABD-AL-BARI ATWAN IN PAN-ARAB AL-QUDS AL-ARABI:
Today, on the fourth anniversary of the fall of Baghdad, Iraq is experiencing the worst conditions it has ever seen. There is no water, electricity or security, no schools, universities or hospitals. The only things readily available are graves and mortuaries. Iraq today is a republic of real fear, whose people are escaping in hundreds and thousands. It is living through the worst kind of torture and death.

This is such a sad but true statement. I couldn't imagine having to live like they are living now. I believe it when I read how some of them although they were unhappy during Saddam's reign were miserable, that they are twice as miserable now.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
You will be held responsible for this one day,

Really? Like how GB Sr. was held accountable for the first Gulf War? Or how Clinton and NATO leaders were held accountable for their war of attrition against the former Yugoslavia?

I wish US leaders would be held accountable for the atrocities they sanction and commit, but tahts just not how the system works.

I think whats happenning in the ME is emblematic of the destruction US foreign policy has wrought over the last centurary.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Seems pretty clear to me, the people in the area, the people who actually understand the arab world, seem to think this is a situation that is spiralling out of control, with no hope for peace.

To me it seems like I could pick you out on the board, listen to what you have to say and make a good asumption of what everybody in your area has to say. In reality, I can't do that. It just wouldn't be fair. In fact I would need to know things like your social class, your religion, exactly where you are, and maybe how you day was going to have any clue if what you are say is correct.

You will be held responsible for this one day, and i believe that will be the day, Iraqi's rejoice and actually stand side by side with Americans, thanking both their gods that the TRUE evil, has been prosectued in the same manner we forced Saddam to be prosecuted.

I really think there are going to be some Muslimes that want to kill Christians and some Christians that want to kill Muslimes, so there not really going to be rejoicing standing side by side.

To tell you the truth, before this war started I don't think people knew it was going to carry on this long. In fact I really think they believed that when they defeated the Iraq army they believed that the war would be pretty much over. I don't think they republicans would have let a war happen that would lose them the next presedental race.

From your artical:

It is time we asked about the cost of toppling Saddam. Bush and his team have upset the balance of the region and caused its people enormous pain. The consequences of the Americans’ imprudent attack on Iraq are irreversible.

Because everyone could see the cost of toppling Saddam oh so clearly at the start of things. Hind sight is 20/20, makes since here anyways, it's always nice to point things out after the fact.

Four years on from the fall of Baghdad, no-one among the Iraqi people has emerged carrying white … flags, as Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Tony Blair dreamed they would.

For the most part I think he is right. Well I during the start of the war most of them just held their hands up... See you have to make a white flag in advance which would involve pre-planning.

The Iraqi resistance has succeeded in breaking the United States’ arrogance of power and its theories about pre-emptive military strikes. It has also broken its claim to be in sole command of the world’s affairs.

The Iraqi resistance has broken nothing. All they have proven is that when somebody is trying to protect people, they can kill those being protected and those try to protect the people. They have proven that they can hide and blow up bombs that kill men, wemen and chidren. They have also proven that even if a dictator falls people will rise up to do his wishs. And finally they have proven that they can drag a short period of chos out over years.

Styki

[edit on 11-4-2007 by Styki]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki

The Iraqi resistance has broken nothing...They have proven that they can hide and blow up bombs that kill men, wemen and chidren. They have also proven that even if a dictator falls people will rise up to do his wishs. And finally they have proven that they can drag a short period of chos out over years.

Styki

This chaos and the bombings you speak of, those against civilians (usually Shiite civilians) aren't part of the Iraqi resistance against American/British forces. Those are reprisal bombings against the Government backed Shiite death squads that regularly ethnically cleanse Sunni neighbourhoods. Not a justification, just a reason.

Roadside bombs against our troops is war. Guerilla war, but war nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki

The Iraqi resistance has broken nothing. All they have proven is that when somebody is trying to protect people, they can kill those being protected and those try to protect the people. They have proven that they can hide and blow up bombs that kill men, wemen and chidren. They have also proven that even if a dictator falls people will rise up to do his wishs. And finally they have proven that they can drag a short period of chos out over years.

Styki

Firstly, the Iraqi resistance against British and American troops are not those who aim to bomb the Iraqi men, woman and children. Such bombings, as are commonplace in places like Basra Market, are reprisal attacks by Sunni's for the Government backed Shiite death squads that regularly ethnic cleanse Sunni areas.

Also, the resistance aren't fighting for Saddam, even the remanants of the Republican Guard that exist. They are fighting because their country has been invaded. Nothing more, nothing less.

And the chaos is not caused by insurgents wanting to tear up their own country, that is absurd. Unlike America, Iraqs economy is not helped by war. But while the police can still murder and our troops are still a very real force, there is going to be violence.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subcomandante
Firstly, the Iraqi resistance against British and American troops are not those who aim to bomb the Iraqi men, woman and children. Such bombings, as are commonplace in places like Basra Market, are reprisal attacks by Sunni's for the Government backed Shiite death squads that regularly ethnic cleanse Sunni areas.

agreed.

Also, the resistance aren't fighting for Saddam, even the remanants of the Republican Guard that exist. They are fighting because their country has been invaded. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think thats a little reductionist dont you think? I agree that they are fighting an occupation force, but i also think some of the fighting is a power struggle between two factions of beliefs in Iraq.

And the chaos is not caused by insurgents wanting to tear up their own country, that is absurd. Unlike America, Iraqs economy is not helped by war. But while the police can still murder and our troops are still a very real force, there is going to be violence.

agreed.

top topics

join