It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Isn't Africa in Bible Prophecy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I have a quick question for those of you that have studied bible prophecy (hopefully a little more then myself.)

There is mention of America, Russia, China the EU, Iran, Israel....

But why isn't there mention of Africa (apart from it being a plagued land). Africa is the largest continent on the earth, and has the largest rate of mass genocide at any given time. The political system is hugely corrupt at the cost of its peoples lives. There is mindless murder in the thousands daily, and lots of money laundering within the higher ups. I think Africa has more problems then all of the above combined.

So, Im wondering if there is prophetic mention of this (or maybe its been overlooked?)

[edit on 10-4-2007 by Ashley_T]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
good morning,

i might be stretching it, but I always considered the term Egypt
to also mean the whole of Africa

of course 'Egypt' also used as a term of 'falling away', 'debasement',
'Egypt' ws also used as a term for mankinds hedonism as was the city of Sodom and Babylon. but the historical Leadership of all the lands of the Nile & beyond (all of African continent) was identified to Egypt.

i can only think of Libia, and Put, Cush along with Egypt,
that are situated in the African land mass, who are specifically mentioned
in Christian scriptures....but in a context of Egypt as the leader of them.

? have you ever wondered just where King Solomons mines were?
mines that produced extreme fine grade gold & silver that was used in the furnishings of the Solomon's Temple of the Israelites.
the mines sure weren't north of Jerusalem and they weren't in the Levant or Palestine areas, which points to Africa as the source of the ores.
~

in book of Daniel vision, the 'King of the South' is mentioned abundantly,

after the Greek empire broke into 4 parts, the Seluclid(sp?) Empire came onto being (Egypt=Africa), the only one South of Jerusalem
the other 3 were around Italy & Greece & Syria/Persia, all north of Jerusalem.

if you interpet the Eagle=USA, Lion=G.B., Bear=Russia, etc
then the Egypt=Africa symbolism is not too far a stretch of interpetation

as least thats my view, thanks

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Africa is known as the Northern Kingdoms in the bible. So it is indeed mentioned.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
What are the northern Kingdoms, and where is this mentioned? I'm concentrating more on new testament.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
In the book of Revelation it speaks of the Northern Kingdoms turning on Israel and waging war... Northern Kingdoms are nations from Africa.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Also, Ashley, I could be wrong because some argue that the Northern Kingdoms are Russia and China,but look at Africa... What country over there is militarily capable of doing much? Not many with exceptions to Egypt and maybe Libya...

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Speaker has them as 'northern kingdoms' ...

But let me put forth this - perhaps they aren't mentioned that much because they aren't going to be playing any big role.

Or even - perhaps they aren't mentioned that much because AIDS, famine, war, etc will have them pretty well wiped out before TEOTWAWKI.

Could be.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

But let me put forth this - perhaps they aren't mentioned that much because they aren't going to be playing any big role.

Flyers, if it is a fact that the African nations are not referred to in the bible, then I'd suspect that your proposal is the most obvious. Like I said to Ashley, one has to remember that with the exceptions to Egypt and possibly Libya, there really aren't any military powers worth recognizing in Africa.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Isn't Egypt in Africa?

Moses was Egyptian...so to was Pharoah(or however you spell it)...therefore, they were Africans.
So there!

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Yes, Egypt is in Africa and is probably the only nation, other than perhaps Libya, that has the military or political clout to be mentioned in biblical prophecy.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashley_T
I have a quick question for those of you that have studied bible prophecy (hopefully a little more then myself.)

There is mention of America, Russia, China the EU, Iran, Israel....

But why isn't there mention of Africa (apart from it being a plagued land). Africa is the largest continent on the earth, and has the largest rate of mass genocide at any given time. The political system is hugely corrupt at the cost of its peoples lives. There is mindless murder in the thousands daily, and lots of money laundering within the higher ups. I think Africa has more problems then all of the above combined.

So, Im wondering if there is prophetic mention of this (or maybe its been overlooked?)

Biblical eschatology, like most features of the Bible, is open to interpretation.

Anyway I believe that there are 2 reasons why most of Africa isn't mentioned in the Bible:
1. Except for Egypt, Ethiopia and other north African countries the original Biblical scholars didn't know that there was more to Africa.
2. Africa has little strategic importance

That's all I've got for now.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Read Ezekiel 38, which predicts Gog and Magog (Russia) attacking Israel. Russia will have a confederation of Arab and African nations with her. Persia (Iran), Libya (North Africa), and Cush (some bibles now use the word Ethiopia) are all mentioned as part of that federation (Ezekiel 38:1-5).
I hope this helps.

top topics

join