It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Africa Moors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Al-Khwarizmi wan't a moor
he was an Arab mathemetician who lived in Baghdad
are you assuming that all Arabs were moors or that any moslem was

Edit: Oh wait, I see the significance of metallurgy. It's used for making swords, and fighting, and making war, and dominance. At least it was for it's early stages. The Catholic church had swords, which they used to forcibly kill and destroy people briinging in new knowledge for centuries.

careful now you're starting to sound like you have an agenda.

if that were really the case then the islamic world would now be the ones with all the Nukes and first world countries.

Moors ended up as patron saints of the catholic church
some served as roman generals
en.wikipedia.org...
being a moor was not a religious marker until much later
originally it meant someone from Mauritania
so you don't need to use Moors as an example to beat up tha catlicks
they do a good enough job of that on their own anyway
home.znet.com...

Moor
"North African, Berber," 1390, from O.Fr. More, from M.L. Morus, from L. Maurus "inhabitant of Mauritania" (northwest Africa, a region now corresponding to northern Algeria and Morocco), from Gk. Mauros, perhaps a native name, or else cognate with mauros "black" (but this adj. only appears in late Gk. and may as well be from the people's name as the reverse). Being a dark people in relation to Europeans, their name in the Middle Ages was a synonym for "Negro;" later (16c.-17c.) used indiscriminately of Muslims (Persians, Arabs, etc.) but especially those in India.

www.etymonline.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Marduk, I've seen plenty of tongue in cheek comments that have made people's agendas pretty clear.

FYI, that middle eastern knowledge progressed through Northern Africa. And through the Moors. That's how Europe got it.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

FYI, that middle eastern knowledge progressed through Northern Africa. And through the Moors. That's how Europe got it.

specifically what knowledge are you talking about ?

I don't have any agenda when it comes to the moors
I keep hearing about how they influenced western thought from credible sources
and then how they were responsible for western thought from not so credible sources

an influence is not an origin in anyones book

[edit on 14-4-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Marduk, Why does it feel like I'm going around in circles?

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
See this thread:

Moorish Science Temple

The Moors are a very interesting Islamic branch of the Ancient Universal Gnosis.

They study the same Science or Theo-Sophee as the Sufi, Dervishes, Shriners, etc.

Unfortunately many of these groups have lost some of the most important aspects of the Islamic-Gnostic teachings.

The Prophet Muhammad, a very High level Sufi Master himself, obviously knew them and revealed them in a "twilight language" in the Qur'an.

This is interesting as well:

Shriners

In order to understand the symbolism of their teachings, one must know the language(namely the Kabbalah and Alchemy).

See Manly P. Hall's "The Mystics of Islam"(in the PRS link in my signature) and the following book:

The Islamic Fitrah in the Amir Fatir link in my sig has some good info as well.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

careful now you're starting to sound like you have an agenda.

if that were really the case then the islamic world would now be the ones with all the Nukes and first world countries.

Islam don't need nuke, only worried people like Jews American and English men like to build nuke.

Though it is said Iran and Iraq has nuke, but American can't prove it. They just want to rob and rob.

Forget the Moor, now we have Mujaheedeen and Al Qaeda.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

posted by Cinlung

and you support those two groups do you Cinlung ?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

posted by Cinlung

and you support those two groups do you Cinlung ?

I didn't say so, I was saying as the matter of fact these 2 groups exists.
Ups, I almost forgot, we also have Hizbullah.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Oh for goodness sake. The OP just asked for info about the Moors. He didn't want to start another session of the western world vs Islamic countries guff!

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimboman
Oh for goodness sake. The OP just asked for info about the Moors. He didn't want to start another session of the western world vs Islamic countries guff!

says the poster with "exterminate" on his avatar
oh the irony

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The Daleks want to exterminate all life, so if anything his avatar is a call for unity.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The avatar has nothing to do with my views, I just like the pic. The word 'exterminate' is just something the Daleks say all the time, and is what people know them for. Don't try to psychoanalyse me because of a picture!!!

What would you prefer I put up? Butterflys and bunnies?

I changed the tag-line, to avoid any misunderstandings!

[edit on 18/4/07 by jimboman]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Marduk

The question of who are the Moor ties to the ancient Moorish Empire which not only cover Africa and Europe and Asia But originally founded this The United States of America or Al Moroc... Have you ever wonder why we have to seals on the dollar? The dye for the seal with the pyramid and eye was made long before the pilgrim arrived. Who owned that seal? If you do your homework and get over the fear that Moorish people will reclaim the land and wage revenge on Caucasian people, you may understand how damaging it is for 99.9% of the people to be in the dark about true history. Learning the truth about people, places and thing should be what we all want. Isn't it strange that with all the contributions and great works of the Moorish people throughout history that we as students of history know so little about them... wake up and quit thinking in this dumb ass black and white mentality and seek real truth no matter how hard it is to swallow.
OneLight

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
For centuries European educators, influenced and biased by Nazi tales of White superiority, have tried to hide and thus deny that The Moors were Black African Muslims. Euro historians and educators who often corrupt and repaint history of the world in a brite white color in order to make people of the world believe that only White People have ever accomplished anything worthy of mention almost destroyed all evidence of the Moors Blackness. Dispite this dastardly attempt much has been preserved. Because of the evidence which survives we know now that the Moors were indeed Black Africans and not Berbers.
When the Muslims invaded Europe from North Africa and into Spain and part of France they consisted primarily of Black African Muslims, with only about three hundred Berbers and Arabs mixed into an army of African Muslims about 6,000 strong and under the leadership of an African named Musa and his generalTariq. These African Muslims met and defeated Roderick at Janda Lagoon after which they secured all of what came to be known later as southern Spain. Other Muslim invasions followered this first one and was led by Arabs. after the conquest of Roman Catholic Spain these two Muslim groups then turned to fight each other for hundreds of years which ultimately weakened the Islamic hold on Spain to the point that eight or nine-hundred years later the Christians King Ferdanan was able to defeat and expel them from Spain.
BIBLIOGRAPHY:
1. Africans in the Birth and Expansion of Islam. Golden Age of the MOORS. Edited by Ivan Van Sertima. New Bronswick Transaction Press, 1992: 151-181
2. Afro-Arabs, Blackamoors and Blacks: An Inquiry into Race Concept Through Spanish Literature. Black World 21 (Feb 1972): 32-40.
3. The Moors in Africa and Europe: Origins and Definitions. Golden Age of the Moor. Edited by Ivan Van Sertima. New Brunswick: Transaction Press, 1992: 9-26.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The Moors were African. They were very skilled men & women, who led Europe out of it's Darkness. For so many years people thought that Europe brought the world into the light, when on the contrary, it was Africa would brought the world into the light. The Greek philosophers went into Africa to learn from the Kemetic (Egyptians) people. The Greeks were initiated in the great Mystery system in Kemet. Certain secret societies were formed to keep this and other knowledge secret.. The man of Afica is the secret..!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
For centuries European educators, influenced and biased by Nazi tales of White superiority, have tried to hide and thus deny that The Moors were Black African Muslims. Euro historians and educators who often corrupt and repaint history of the world in a brite white color in order to make people of the world believe that only White People have ever accomplished anything worthy of mention almost destroyed all evidence of the Moors Blackness. D

Nazis haven't been around for centuries. Not even one century. There is bias of ethnocentrism in all nations historical accounts. The extreme perspective you provide is untrue and implies an agenda that is quite unnecessary.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

1. Africans in the Birth and Expansion of Islam. Golden Age of the MOORS. Edited by Ivan Van Sertima. New Bronswick Transaction Press, 1992: 151-181

3. The Moors in Africa and Europe: Origins and Definitions. Golden Age of the Moor. Edited by Ivan Van Sertima. New Brunswick: Transaction Press, 1992: 9-26.

Van Sertima has been criticized by academics for making ill-founded Afrocentric claims. They ruled as "fallacious" his claims for the diffusion of pyramid building and mummification. In addition, they accused Van Sertima's cultural outlook of being disparaging to Native American achievements. Van Sertima has sparred with some of his critics, but he did not respond to the 1997 Journal of Current Anthropology criticism.

British scholar Glyn Daniel called Van Sertima's work "ignorant rubbish”, concluding that the writings of Van Sertima “give us badly argued theories based on fantasies.”. Dean R. Snow, a professor of anthropology, in 1981 wrote that Van Sertima "uses the now familiar technique of stringing together bits of carefully selected evidence, each surgically removed from the context that would give it a rational explanation." He goes on, "The findings of professional archaeologists and physical anthropologists are misrepresented so that they seem to support the [Van Sertima] hypothesis."

From the wiki on SertimaThe stuff

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join