It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian General Says U.S. Continues Preparations for Iran Strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

“Preparations to strike Iran’s strategic facilities continue. Three major groups of U.S. forces are still in the Arabian Sea and the Persian Gulf. Altogether, they have up to 450 cruise missiles on alert,” the general said.

“Military operations against Tehran will begin with the launch of at least two unexpected strikes using Tomahawk cruise missiles and air power in order to disable Iran’s air defense capabilities,” he said.

“According to our data, up to 150 aircraft are to be involved in each strike on Iran. Land-based air defense systems will be disabled in the first place, then mobile short-range systems, which Tehran has (including some 30 new systems),” he said.

Primary targets will include command centers, air defense installations, the navy, airfields, ports and docking facilities, the general said.

“Nuclear facilities may be secondary targets. According to expert assessments, at least 20 such facilities need to be destroyed in order to stop Iran’s nuclear program,” Ivashov said.

There's a fair bit of talk coming from Russia regarding Iran,
How much of it is true, how much is total BS.
www.mosnews.com...

The only thing I say is easily acceptable, is that between Iran, the US and Israel this will dramatically shift the world into a hostile atmosphere, with unspeakable outcomes.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Yeah, they made a good call about the Good Friday thing too. Their full of #, this is just selling papers and stories if you ask me. I would put too much stake in these claims because, once again, the people saying the attack is coming are wrong.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Dig through the forums... there are plenty of "Iran to be attacked on [[insert date here]]" threads and posts. So far none have come to fruition, and the Russians haven't exactly been spot on before have they?

Not quite sure what to make of this one since the Russians were either wrong or misleading us over the April 6th 'attack'. You've got to remember that the Russians don't get along all that well with the US - a bit of rumour spreading and a game of Chinese whispers and we get something like this.

Someone mentioned in one of the other threads that perhaps the British sailors and marines were kidnapped partly to put up oil prices so Iran could profit (possible, I suppose). Maybe the Russians are trying to do the same thing, since they're sitting on lakes of the stuff. They need to get their cash to sort out their nation from somewhere, don't they?

[edit on 10/4/07 by Ste2652]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Why would we let a Russian know when were going to attack anyway?

I have said it on here before and i'll say it again troops on the border or near Iranian waters are probably on patrol to keep more insurgents from sneaking into the country.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
When the strike happens nobody will know before, you will not see it online for the internet geeks to enjoy like a preview....

I also think it will be Israel that will make the first strike not the US. And they prolly wont even tell the US till the very last second. Something Like "hey see those planes about to be on radar , those are ours so be cool we will be done shortly...."

And quit with the Russia/China will go to war if we do bomb them crap, They will mumble and buck, but they will not do anything more than supply stuff to Iran. Vetoing a vote in UN is WAY different than open war against the US. As much as you guys like to think all these "rising" countries hate the US, they will cease to rise if we fall, the West is the reason for their new found success and they know this whether you do or not is beside the point.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Agit8d Chop,

Can I please forward you to the thread titled "Iran attack iminent"

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

where I went into detail on this very issue over three full length postings, rather than copying and pasting the whole lot here, I think it would add heaps to the dicussion/debate.

Thankyou.

MM

top topics

join