It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Annual UFO Survey: 736 Sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Here is an article you may find interesting:

Annual UFO Survey

Aliens and spaceships are a bit passe these days, but 736 reported UFO sightings across Canada last year shows an "underlying, real phenomenon" going on, says one of the country's top UFO researchers.

"It's true, we don't have as many aliens on TV as we used to - they used to be on commercials selling us everything from Pepsi to decongestants," says Chris Rutkowski, director of the Winnipeg-based Ufology Research institute.

"And yet the phenomenon persists, which to me says there is a basic underlying, real phenomenon that extends beyond media and pop culture."

Rutkowski's annual Canadian UFO Survey last year recorded the third-largest number of sightings in its 17-year history - down from a record of 882 sightings in 2004.

British Columbia and Ontario had the highest number of recorded cases, but Saskatchewan posted an all-time record of 98 sightings.

The tiny community of Maidstone just east of the Alberta boundary accounted for more than half of the reports from Saskatchewan.

That is pretty much the area my last UFO thread focused on:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Related Links:
Canada.com

Globe and Mail

It's great that stuff like this is printed, but I wish they would take it a bit more serious.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
To my best knowledge 2003 had 400 documented sightings in Canada... 2004 was something like 800. The 2006 survey link released April 8th: survey.canadianuforeport.com...

A link to Chris Rutkowski's Ufology Research of Manitoba homepage: www.geocities.com...

Cheers,

Vic

EDIT: The 2006 Survey in PDF format:
www.canadianuforeport.com...

[edit on 9-4-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Now being shown on yahoo.ca frontpage.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Heard about this today on the way into work.

Nice to see fellow Canadians looking up.

Incidentally,

Not a UFO, but an odd occurance none the less.

While driving with my wife on Saturday afternoon ( Halifax, NS - pretty populated area ), she pointed out a two planes that were attached flying overhead.

My first thought was might be a 'mid air refueling' which is quite odd for this area, but it is also quite handy to the airport.

A bit perplexing.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Topic posted in the below thread, don't know who posted first though, mods please could you have a look at this? Posted 10:43AM GMT.

STATE OF THE UFO NATION

www.abovetopsecret.com...

October

[edit on 10/4/07 by October]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
My apologies Dulcimer, didn't realise you actually are a mod, remove State Of The UFO Nation.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
All of which demonstrates claimed 'aliens'/'UFOs' *WANT* to be seen.

But why?

They've ALWAYS wanted to be seen.

And now it appears MORE and MORE of 'them' wish to be seen.

Wonder why?

Other than 'be seen' --------- what use are they? Of what benefit to mankind are they? What benefit have they ever evidenced?

Maybe 'being seen' is the entirety of their repertoire?

And maybe they're a spoof, a joke, a deliberate disinfo campaign being staged by government psychos and aided by 'UFO groups' and forum posters world wide --- all the better to launch a future 'Alien Invasion' which in turn is just another tool of New World Order.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I live in BC. Me and my family/friends have seen a few ufo's in our day.

new topics

top topics

join