It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we deny other Holocausts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I have to say that I am not anti-semitic. Never have been and never will be!
However, how come the only films that make it to TV about Holocausts involve World War II? Can't we also remember and commemorate ALL Holocausts. For example 19 million people murdered under Stalin's rule; 10 million dead by collectivisation in China under Mao Tse Tung; 2 million murdered by Pol Pot in Cambodia; 2 million killed in Rwanda; 500, 000 children and babies in Iraq. I could go on. Each of those people had a story to tell, a life to remember, and felt love to show one bit of their humanity. Yet the WWII Holocaust seems to be the most prominent in Hollywood films and in documentaries.
Can't we remember all Holocausts and all human tragedies together - or am I paranoid?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
shouldn't your title be "can't we remember other holocausts?"

Your post seems to imply that only the shoah is remembered and all the others are forgotten. I do agree that other such cases don't get the coverage or memorial type treatment although from time to time we do get bits and pieces (hotel rwanda for example).

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I am not playing the numbers game but each human life has equal dignity and value and we should make an effort to remember all our fellow humans. I agree about the title.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
As I said, I agree that other tragedies often don't get the same attention or treatment.

I'm guessing it is only a matter of time before we get the usual cast of characters showing up and blaming the jews for the attention given and not given.

SR

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm no way anti sematic either just one thing bothers me and that's the fact that it's always in the media when someone deny's the WW2 Holocaust and they're thrown in jail etc. etc.

I've never heard of any cases of people being thrown in jail for denying that Pol Pots and the African 'holocausts' etc. etc. never happened i'm not saying that it hasn't happened because i haven't heard about it oh no far from it i'd want to be shown that it has happened in other cases and my ignorance on the matter crushed.

And really i don't understand why these people have to be put in jail surely just because they deny it happened doesn't mean it didn't happen i don't see why a few people expressing their opinion have to be punished when really it doesn't matter what they think as there will always be rememberance of the event.

[edit on 9-4-2007 by SR]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
the iraq holocaust is quite huge.

since the first gulf war, millions have died under the jackboot of imperialist blue blood oil barons of the illuminati.

try and talk about the palestinian holocaust without being labelled a jew-hating, terrorist sympathizing, anti-semite, suicide bomber supporting holocaust denier.

hidden holocausts

i didn't see iraq on that list, either.

some people noticed, though... iraq holocaust.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I agree with you BillyBob. The article was quite distressing. I didn't know about official civilian casualty numbers do I just mentioned the number of children killed. As a father I am disgusted by what our Governments have done to the children of Iraq, pre- and post- trade sanctions. My worry is that Ahmadinejad is either getting pay cheques marked with a Pentagon Payroll number or he is genuinely 2 sandwiches short of a picnic. What happened in Iraq during the trade sanctions may happen again in Iran...

(Great link- full of cross referenced figures)

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
you forgot the Kosovo conflict in the 90's, and there are more than 10 millions deaths in the last century just in Africa during the civil wars.

Yes, there are other holocausts, and they should remembered too - even bigger genocides than in WW2.

But as many of you said already, Iraq will be a "holocaust" we will remember. Sooner or later the whole truth will come out.

I am now researching and improving a fact, but i have yet to find some more statistics - i want to prove, that the US is responsible for more deaths in the last 50 years than the whole WW2. If anyone wants to participate please send me an U2U.

top topics

join