It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

catch a gost on tape!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Not the little kids who # their pants easely! try it and i love to hear your story!

First method with the tape recorder.

Always use a new tape/cassette. Use your computer's microphone if this works, a cheap one is OK. Talk to the spirits, ask them if they can hear you, or if somebody is there. Then try to talk about something they may interested in. Why not ask simply what they are doing here? Try to answer questions that if answered, have to do with the question. If you get a voice then answering your question, you are sure it is not someone passing by. Whisper your questions, asking the spirits to shout in the mike. This is because the voices amostly much softer than yours, and because if you talk loud, the recorder automatically reduce his recording level. You need absolute the highest record level you can get. You also could place the recorder farther away. But it is also better if your voice is recorded with the others. Than you also hear the questions.

Second method tape recorder and background sound

Also read first method. If you wish you can use a radio that you placebetween two stations producing noise. In fact the best is to set it justnext to a station so you still yet can hear somebody speak. In this casette background sounds will be reformed to the so called EVP's.

This reformation is very clear to hear, but one problem, digitally processing afterward is much more difficult. I myself prefer to use no backgroundvoice and while recording, I listen carefully if there is nothing in the neighborhood that could be recorded, like a sound of a bird. If so, then notice these, so then you can't think it's a voice later when you listen.

Third and best method with you PC

If you have a sound card and a computer microphone you can record digitally. No several new tapes needed. It is also better to process the voices later. Simply record, place your mike far from your PC (most PC's disturb the microphone by their electromagnetic radiation). You can hear that if you amplify the wav-file at his maximum height. This is also so for the cable of the microphone. Stay away from PC, PC-screens, and most of all your speakers. Now you can record digitally, best at 16.000 samples at 16 bit(radioquality)

Another method?
How about a video recorder. If you are lucky you even can film a ghost. I never tried it, but I think that it's best in bad light conditions, because the ghost noise can be seen better between the noise. You can also photograph them. Then it looks like a cloudy mist.

Listening after the recording.
I never record more than two minutes. That's because the carefully listening and processing of the voice could take very much time. Hours in fact. If you hear anything using a headphone, that is not an exact noise, or something of what you use as background, then transfer it to your PC. This can easily with a cable with a 1/8" jack plugin. Processing and maximizing your quality and quantity (you'll hear much more voices) Now you need a program like Dart Pro or Cooledit you can find it on the Internet, both are shareware. Registering gives you more possibility's (otherwhise you can't save your file in Cooledeit Pro). First amplify your wav-file to max. Than take a noise sample of a peace of recording, where there is certainly no voice. Then use the noise filter, now with a picture of the typical noise that has to been removed. Set this Filter at about 90 for Cooledit, or for Dart Pro experiment between 0,2 and 2 (better not use more). Another setting for Dart Pro is "Frequently carving "very small" and Frame size small to very small. Leave the rest. like it is.Test your noise reduction first before processing. Test it at a place where you think to hear something different. You can set several try's and listento what sounds the best before you process the whole wav-file. After noise reducing you now can amplify your recording back to the maximum.(producing of course again more noise because of the seond amplification). If you wish you can repeat this step for a finer tuning, but mostly it is not necessary. Do not process the voice to much, you'll lose detail to and it start to sound metallic distorbed. For my own experience this works perfect. I recorded hundreds voices now (only 10 posted on the site), answering questions. So can you. Listen on my site on the link "Stemmen uit de dood, bandstemmen EVP's" Succeed? Then you can try to reduce the sampling frequently with your Windows Wav-player. (Wav-files takes much space) Recorded a very good one? You can send it to me, leaving some space with no sound or voice of about 1,5 second or more, if possible.

Note: very much voices are whispering. This could be because you do that to. In any way this thus not matter.

So who dares....

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spot
Not the little kids who # their pants easely! try it and i love to hear your story!

First method with the tape recorder.

Always use a new tape/cassette. Use your computer's microphone if this works, a cheap one is OK. Talk to the spirits, ask them if they can hear you, or if somebody is there. Then try to talk about something they may interested in. Why not ask simply what they are doing here? Try to answer questions that if answered, have to do with the question. If you get a voice then answering your question, you are sure it is not someone passing by. Whisper your questions, asking the spirits to shout in the mike. This is because the voices amostly much softer than yours, and because if you talk loud, the recorder automatically reduce his recording level. You need absolute the highest record level you can get. You also could place the recorder farther away. But it is also better if your voice is recorded with the others. Than you also hear the questions.

Second method tape recorder and background sound

Also read first method. If you wish you can use a radio that you placebetween two stations producing noise. In fact the best is to set it justnext to a station so you still yet can hear somebody speak. In this casette background sounds will be reformed to the so called EVP's.

This reformation is very clear to hear, but one problem, digitally processing afterward is much more difficult. I myself prefer to use no backgroundvoice and while recording, I listen carefully if there is nothing in the neighborhood that could be recorded, like a sound of a bird. If so, then notice these, so then you can't think it's a voice later when you listen.

Third and best method with you PC

If you have a sound card and a computer microphone you can record digitally. No several new tapes needed. It is also better to process the voices later. Simply record, place your mike far from your PC (most PC's disturb the microphone by their electromagnetic radiation). You can hear that if you amplify the wav-file at his maximum height. This is also so for the cable of the microphone. Stay away from PC, PC-screens, and most of all your speakers. Now you can record digitally, best at 16.000 samples at 16 bit(radioquality)

Another method?
How about a video recorder. If you are lucky you even can film a ghost. I never tried it, but I think that it's best in bad light conditions, because the ghost noise can be seen better between the noise. You can also photograph them. Then it looks like a cloudy mist.

Listening after the recording.
I never record more than two minutes. That's because the carefully listening and processing of the voice could take very much time. Hours in fact. If you hear anything using a headphone, that is not an exact noise, or something of what you use as background, then transfer it to your PC. This can easily with a cable with a 1/8" jack plugin. Processing and maximizing your quality and quantity (you'll hear much more voices) Now you need a program like Dart Pro or Cooledit you can find it on the Internet, both are shareware. Registering gives you more possibility's (otherwhise you can't save your file in Cooledeit Pro). First amplify your wav-file to max. Than take a noise sample of a peace of recording, where there is certainly no voice. Then use the noise filter, now with a picture of the typical noise that has to been removed. Set this Filter at about 90 for Cooledit, or for Dart Pro experiment between 0,2 and 2 (better not use more). Another setting for Dart Pro is "Frequently carving "very small" and Frame size small to very small. Leave the rest. like it is.Test your noise reduction first before processing. Test it at a place where you think to hear something different. You can set several try's and listento what sounds the best before you process the whole wav-file. After noise reducing you now can amplify your recording back to the maximum.(producing of course again more noise because of the seond amplification). If you wish you can repeat this step for a finer tuning, but mostly it is not necessary. Do not process the voice to much, you'll lose detail to and it start to sound metallic distorbed. For my own experience this works perfect. I recorded hundreds voices now (only 10 posted on the site), answering questions. So can you. Listen on my site on the link "Stemmen uit de dood, bandstemmen EVP's" Succeed? Then you can try to reduce the sampling frequently with your Windows Wav-player. (Wav-files takes much space) Recorded a very good one? You can send it to me, leaving some space with no sound or voice of about 1,5 second or more, if possible.

Note: very much voices are whispering. This could be because you do that to. In any way this thus not matter.

So who dares....

u know gosts r very cool, i saw one when i was 9, in my grand mas hoose, i was sceard to #!

I'll post some photographs later !

kim

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 09:56 AM
link   
www.tekzoned.com...

it works on camera too- look closely around the table, it took me about 45 seconds to see it. Make sure you turn the volume up- eventually, you do hear a faint whispering...

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Feck!!! I just sh!t myself!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kim
www.tekzoned.com...

it works on camera too- look closely around the table, it took me about 45 seconds to see it. Make sure you turn the volume up- eventually, you do hear a faint whispering...

I know this one, I've seen it before it scared the hell out of me the first time I watched it!

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Einstein,
The first time you watched it??? You watched it more than once???
My first time was my last time watching that!!!

kim

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 06:21 AM
link   
quote jb1 -Feck!!! I just sh!t myself!!!

LMAO
- knew id get someone with that. i was at my friends house when i first saw that and i actually screamed- gah, what a girl.

anyways, does that experiment work? the whispering could be background noise or from the recorder. now if i heard clear voices id be more than just a little freaked!

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It's actually well established phenomena.EVP.

For more:
members.tripod.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 09:27 AM
link   
There was, earlier this year a TV program in the UK about EVP.One of the most memorable pieces in it involved a woman who left a tape recorder with a new tape by her bed and switched it on before going to sleep it recorded for 2 or 3 hours.When she listened to it the next day voices could be heard whispering"She's asleep,She's sleeping".
If someone does give it a go I'd be very interested in hearing about it.

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 11:09 AM
link   
ok will go for it tonight....what will you ask?

new topics

top topics

join