It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faye Turneys Story - (follow up of ITV1s interview)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
So.. 15 British troops captured in Iran at gunpoint. There were RPGs pointed at their boats and the Iranians were extremely hostile fro the start.

According to Faye, they were forced to write letters of apology in the chosen wording of the Iranians. She was forced to strip down and change into their 'prison uniform' infront of the Iranian guards. She was separated from her fellow colleagues and forced to sleep in a 6ft square cell with nothing more than 3 blankets.

In my opinion that IS torture. Faye felt like a 'traitor to her own country' after writing forced letters but had to cooperate to avoid several years in jail charged with espionage.

It was only after 4 days that they were allowed to wash.

She insists that they were definitely NOT in Iranian waters and only had said these things to avoid further problems.

As for the laughing and joking seen on screen, this was when they were reunited and were obviously happy to see eachother. They were making the most of their time together after being in solitary confinement for 12 days!

So in conclusion, they were in a way, tortured to some extent and the whole crisis was cleverly staged by the Iranian Government. I doubt this will be forgotten any time soon. What has this done for the Anglo-Iranian relationship? only time will tell!

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
that "torture" is nothing compared to what could have been.... they have nothing to "whine" about in my opinion... they were treated fairly.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I agree with that but it is not the image that was bein portrayed on TV. It looked like they were well fed, they said they had been given comfortable bedding and were being well looked after. Now it seems that was not the case.

SR

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
'part of the money i make is going to HMS Cornwall'

'I haven't taken the biggest sums of money because i wanted to talk to you and the sun'

HMMMMM WTF is that meant to justify selling your story. Is that meant to make it A'ok.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well according to the news today there not allowed to sell there stories now but they already have, so im confused :S

Source

when i found out they were going to sell there stories i was sickened and using the old ill give 10% to charity is a load of BS, no mater what there going to use there money for is a urine take, at the end of the day there in the forces being paid a wage to do there job knowing farewell something like this could happen to make money from it as well really gets my back up.
any concern i had for them as now gone replaced with disappointment !

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Here's her 'story' in a nutshell -

- Joins military.

- Gets sent on a mission in Iraq.

- Is illegally kidnapped and taken hostage with 14 other Brits.

- Is uncomfortable while being held.

- Blabs too much info, with the Iranians turn around and use against her in psychological operations.

- Caves in without any pressure put on her at all, and breaks all known rules of how a miltiary person is supposed to behave while in captivity.

- Laughs for photographers, eats well, dons a scarf on her head, writes letters that she shouldn't have, confesses to doing something she didn't do, and chain smokes.

- Isn't she the one that was photographed kissing the president of Iran on both cheeks just before being released?
One of them did. I think it might have been her.

There .. there's her 'story'. Didn't cost anyone a dime to buy it either.

top topics

join