It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Iran Says U.S. Quake Help Will Not Alter Relations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
We are the first to come in and give help but we get nothing in return not even a thank you. Why in the hell are we helping them? Why I will tell you why, because we are better than them, we still care for our fellow man no matter who they are.

story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20031230/ts_nm/quake_iran_usa_dc_2

[Edited on 1-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Iran out of all countries shouldnt say # like this. They should be happy that we are even helping them. If Iran was smart they would let this time of indifferance be a stepping stone to better diplomatic relations between the two countries. It makes no sense to even say such a thing like this at this point in time.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Its required to be said by the mullahs etc so the country doesn't get too western friendly.

Still, its like saying Thanks for your help you evil ZIONIST SCUM! If you weren't helping our wounded right now we'd gut you like fish

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I feel that the US needs to be more concerned about helping their own right now with the problems we have here. Its humanitarian to offer aid in a catastrophe such as the Iran quake but still our people here should come first!

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What a load of crap. The U.S. does something good for a fellow (HOSTILE) country, and all we get in return is basically a slap in the face. Ya know what, if there was another war, most likely will be, let in be Iran, wipe them out too!

-wD

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Let it be in Iran?

Someone has blood on thier mind.

These poor people have just lost 40,000 plus, and you want the Americans to raid and kill more innocents to find some "WMD'S", or some other stupid excuse to murder.

Shame on you, America deserves that slap in the face.

Deep

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Let it be in Iran?

These poor people have just lost 40,000 plus, and you want the Americans to raid and kill more innocents to find some "WMD'S", or some other stupid excuse to murder.

Deep

America deserves that slap in the face? Jeeze, you know, with people believing that, we should just become an isolationist country. Pull all of our foriegn aid out of all the countries out there, bring all our troops home, and just watch the world fall apart.

Oh, but wait, America does no good for the world, and if they try, they should be slapped in the face, spat upon, or have an embassy blown up, those #ing helpful Americans...

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Very sad

This is pretty typical in the world right now though. Zerodeep looks to be the average anti-american. No matter what we do it must be bad. Hell, a french paper just fired one of their reporters for publishing a book critical of the french medias war coverage (The Americans are losing!!!). When logic is too much just cover your eyes and ears and scream AMERICA IS EVIL!!!
rinse and repeat. You'll fit right in.

I'm so sick of paying to feed all of these pissant little countries that want nothing but our destruction (after we write the check, of course.). I say let them work it out themselves or with their "allies". How much is Canada sending to Iran anyway? How about Germany, France and Russia? Anyone got any figures?

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Let it be in Iran?

Deep

America Deserves a Slap in the face?

I suppose America Deserved 9/11? I suppose that we deserved Pearl Harbor? I suppose we deserve everything that we get since we are the worlds only superpower. In the history of mankind never has there been such a powerful country that has not attempted to conquer the rest of the world. We go into countrys and help them fight their own wars and then just leave them alone. The Countries that we have attacked we have helped to rebuild and then left them alone not claim them as the 51st state.

But I suppose that we are just blood thirsty. Well hell if we are just bloodthirsty I say we take out Canada its much closer and has far more people to kill.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
How much is Canada sending to Iran anyway? How about Germany, France and Russia? Anyone got any figures?

New aid or pledges of aid continued to arrive. The six Arab states that face Iran across the Persian Gulf committed the equivalent of about $520 million Cdn to Bam's reconstruction. A team of 80 American relief workers arrived in Bam on Tuesday with medical supplies.

"We have gone out of the rescue phase and entered the humanitarian relief phase of the operation," the UN's Peran said. "There's always hope of pulling more survivors out ... but the window of opportunity is closing rapidly."

The Canadian International Development Agency has pledged $750,000 Cdn to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, while relief material, including blankets, water equipment, generators and emergency shelter, has been shipped from Canadian Forces Base Trenton.

This is a quote out of the Toronto Star. I guess $175,000 is all the poor Canadians can spare. Zerodeep I don't see you coming off any money to help them out.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal

I don't know about 9/11, but Pearl Harbor was a result of the american government's eagerness to go to war with Japan. I think Pearl Harbor could have been easily avoided and I am not alone in saying that.

I accept U.S. after the WW2 could have added 51st, 52nd state, but it didn't. Go U.S.

How about the 1800's - President James Polk staged a incident to go to war with Mexico and added California and New Mexico to the U.S. And it was the U.S. who moved eradicated most of the natives and put the remaining in reservations and made them move from one place to another especially the "Trail of Tears." Shame on U.S. gov't for that.

But that is the past and this is the present. If the U.S. leaves Iraq in a year or two - then the war was justified. If it didn't and stays there for oil then ...

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
nationalism

they don't even have a word for pride in the human race do they?

ponder that notion...

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Calm down people. The Iran and the USA are playing a nice game on this.

The Iran is split into an extremist religious side and the quite modern government. As the government doesn't want to get under attack of the extremists they stay moderate to distanced towards the USA in public. But only in public. The ministry of foreign affairs in Iran is having close ties to the US government and the CIA.

They want your support, they are thankful for it but if they show it they will get suicide bombings on their own government as well. Nobody is save of these terrorists, even not such governments.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
We are the first to come in and give help but we get nothing in return not even a thank you. Why in the hell are we helping them? Why I will tell you why, because we are better than them, we still care for our fellow man no matter who they are.

~~$~~

I'm inclined to agree with Nerdling s' observation...
because a PUBLIC display would demonstrate Iranian subservience to the USA... (a virtual 'death-wish' as-it-were.).....HOWEVER, behind closed doors...the situation is probably very different..!!

On Radio Free Europe & Radio Free Asia, for example, the American aid together with -> Int'l Red Cross, Doctors without Borders, UN & UNICEF, etc etc....the AMERICAN presence will be acknowledged & proudly announced

On various TV Media from a global network...the American flag will surely be prominant on the sacks of food stuffs, care packages, etc etc

It would be unseemly to crave 'thanks ' & 'praise'...
but thats' my view...

giving & helping... is its own reward
but thats' my view...

that intangible is called...'Character'

as your final sentence said in part."..we still care for our fellow man no matter who they are."

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
My problem is with the very fact that these "behind the scenes" deals take place. Why not have it all out in the open for the Iranian people to see that we are not the great satan. We are people just like them and are willing to give from our own pockets to help them? Why does it need to be hidden? The clandestine nature of this crap only perpetuates the whole problem festering in nearly all Muslim countries. The people are oppressed and pissed off. The "government" is afraid of full revolution so they sick the Mullahs on a common target. America (or the west in general). All of a sudden we are the cause of all of their misery and the true culprits sit back and continue to rob the people blind.

I would fully support MAJOR financial backing of the progressive revolution in Iran. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper than another invasion. They would be friendlier to us than Iraqis currently are, that's for sure.

[Edited on 30-12-2003 by Fry2]

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Helping is the right thing to do at this time IMO.

It will be a different story if any of our volenteers are shown any hostilities.
Then I say we pack them up and bring them home.
Helping the victims should be first and politics later....

The Iranian Govt should shut their mouths, regardless of what goes on behind closed doors.
Why do they feel this is the time for this?
Do they want to incite attacks on western volenteers?
All it should take is one incident and pull them out.

L8R
BAKED

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Let it be in Iran?

Deep

America deserves a lot more than just a slap in the face, they deserve to be totalled by another superpower for mucking about in foreign territory.
who the # does bush think he is??? and then...sending aid to iran? is an insult damn you, it's like america's sneering at iran's plight and bragging about their power.

makes me sick

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

America deserves a lot more than just a slap in the face, they deserve to be totalled by another superpower for mucking about in foreign territory.
who the # does bush think he is??? and then...sending aid to iran? is an insult damn you, it's like america's sneering at iran's plight and bragging about their power.

makes me sick

Makes me sick that there are people in the world who choose to hate even when someone or some country does something that is genuine. Just because America is the only superpower everyone should hate us. right?

Like I have said before we have the power to take over nations but have never done so. We just leave after the reconstruction is done.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
My problem is with the very fact that these "behind the scenes" deals take place. Why not have it all out in the open for the Iranian people to see that we are not the great satan. We are people just like them and are willing to give from our own pockets to help them? Why does it need to be hidden? The clandestine nature of this crap only perpetuates the whole problem festering in nearly all Muslim countries.

I doubt you can easily show them that the US doesnt want them to die but have a better life. Less tv and press coverage/freedom + a strong religious belief is a big wall. But Iran is heading in the right way.
Student protests last year were a great sign that there is something changing in the minds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join