It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a male feminist.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
well we cant put a woman to work on some building,moving bricks and stuff can we?maybe some women....some

She shouldn't be forced to, but if shes capable of that type of work and she wants to do it, she should be able to.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Okay, yeah. Thats right. I wanted to finally get that out. I'm a feminist, and I'm a male. Surprising? Hard to believe? Well you better believe it.

I have a massive pet peeve for sexist men. I cannot stand it when women are treated unfairly. I think women should be able to do anything men can do.

So, erm yeah. I needed to get that out. I love women, and not just in a sexual way, but I just...love them. I don't know how to explain it.

Questions and comments appreciated.

I don't get it. Are you just saying that you believe that everyone should be treated fairly and equitably? Why then aren't you a masculinist? Do you think a man should be treated as equal as a woman?

And why should I be surprised that you think people should be treated equally? Isn't that supposed to be the norm? Why is that hard to believe?

I just don't get it...

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think you went to public schools and never quite got over it.

I love women too and not just in a sexual way. I prefer the company of women more than the company of what passes for men now days.

I also know that women are not really intrested in what is fair. They are intrested in "Options." This has little to do with what is fair...or unfair.

It is the social roles which dominate womens thinking. All the femminist dogma will not change this ..nor higher education. It is social beliefs which will dominate almost every time no matter what the education levels.
The recent incident here with that woman Astronaut Lisa Nowak is a textbook example of this type of conditioning. Education levels did not rule here..emotional values did.
CAn you imagine a woman or women putting up with a man who is more emotional than them. Got the point yet?? They are not intrested in this much fairness.
Women are very highly competitive in a manner not often detected by males but competitive none the less. They are not looking for competition from males....they are looking for support/options. THey are also not by and large looking to grant other women options from thier career earnings...nor males either. This knowlege puts a very different slant on the concept of fairness among most women. Dont worry the average male is pretty oblivious to this concept. Your safe here Kacen.

I will remind you of something else..not known by the average male out here while they are so stupid they respond unthinkingly to feminist dogma guiltly like a puppet on a string...with thier tails tucked between thier legs.
Women are not looking for a sensitive man..they are looking for a man who is sensitive to them. This too is very telling about fairness.

Only a man can be this naturally and giftedly dumb ..because women are not.

I dont buy the into feminist dogma. Nor do I buy into alot of what passes for maleness today. Most of it is drivel.

Oh..and I dont have a problem with women laying bricks if they are able. Fine with me. How many do you know who are intrested in this type of career in bad weather ....harsh environments, Physical hardship etc etc.
Do the women you know want this much fairness no matter what it pays?? Think it through,carefully.
Actually Kacen...most men dont want this type of work either ..to be "Fair". They too would rather better conditions. I find many men today very femminine in their beliefs and expectations..unwilling or unable to endure hardship. Many of the women I know often complain.."Where are all the real men." They have a point here.

Thanks for your post,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

I don't get it. Are you just saying that you believe that everyone should be treated fairly and equitably? Why then aren't you a masculinist? Do you think a man should be treated as equal as a woman?

And why should I be surprised that you think people should be treated equally? Isn't that supposed to be the norm? Why is that hard to believe?

I just don't get it...

Kacen

Waiting expectantly for your reply here to RAsobasi420's post.

I was in Home Depot both today and also this weekend. I was particularly intrested to notice how downtrodden and Victimized so many women were by sexist men while they were spending moneys on plants and yard goodies. Many of them had their sexist men in tow pushing the cart or flatbed and lifting the heavy items for them.
Man oh man...Kacen..I mean to tell you ..this was a downtrodden victimized group of women ....taken advantage of by sexist men.

Like I said in my previous post..only men can be this naturally stupid. Women are not.

I posted some material along this line in a thread on the Survival Techniques Forum on ATS entitled "Womens Survival"

I have been waiting expectantly since last winter and posting on the "Womens Surviavl" board for this to happen in the spring time so that I could observe womens sense of Fairness...and victimization at Home Depot and Lowes.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

I think you went to public schools and never quite got over it.

Actually I go to private schools...

Surprised no?

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
No Kacen not surprised at all....what I mean when I say "public schooling" is a television education..majoring mostly in emotions.

THanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
So Kacen, What's the deal?

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
I’m a woman, and I’m Not a feminist, nor am I a man hater! I don’t want to go fight in any war just because men get to. No thanks! I’m not against women having a career, but I don’t see anything wrong with a woman staying at home and caring for her family either.

Agreed.

I can't stand radical feminists. They seriously need to loosen up. Feminism was necessary when women couldn't vote or have a political opinion, but that's over now.

I hate it when girls refuse to have the door opened for them or refuse to have the man pay for their dinner. It's customary! It's tradition! Stop being selfish; the guys feel better when they can do you a favor. To refuse that is offensive and rude!! How spoiled and stuck up do you have to be!?

Anyway...

I think you're stereotyping all men and all women. From what I've seen men treat women just fine, and if they don't, the woman probably brought it upon herself. And if she didn't, then it's wrong regardless the gender.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Both sexes get mistreated just as much by each other and do as much damage to each other. People are people, whether they are men or women they are still people.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia
I can't stand radical feminists. They seriously need to loosen up. Feminism was necessary when women couldn't vote or have a political opinion, but that's over now.

Not everywhere in the world, in many Muslim countries such as Saudi Arabia, such is not the case (Not to mention the host of other awful things that happen in many Muslim countries besides gender discrimination). And plus, even if lawfully women have the same rights in America, Canada, Europe, etc, socially some people still treat women unfairly.

Originally posted by ParesthesiaI hate it when girls refuse to have the door opened for them or refuse to have the man pay for their dinner. It's customary! It's tradition! Stop being selfish; the guys feel better when they can do you a favor. To refuse that is offensive and rude!! How spoiled and stuck up do you have to be!?

Hey, I'm very nice to women, but I respect their opinion. Some women just feel its degrading to be treated like as if they can't do things for themselves. See I completely do not mind if a woman wants to act like the stereotypical female. I don't mind at all.

I just want to eliminate all sexism.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia

I hate it when girls refuse to have the door opened for them or refuse to have the man pay for their dinner. It's customary! It's tradition! Stop being selfish; the guys feel better when they can do you a favor. To refuse that is offensive and rude!! How spoiled and stuck up do you have to be!?

I dont have a problem holding a door open for a woman..especiallly the elderly. Nor paying for dinner. I also dont have a problem with a woman paying for my dinner. I like equality and fairness. To me it means equal risk.

I'll tell these feminist types very quickly .."I dont have time or intrest in their insecuritys."

Having to do what you describe for different women over the years feels more like a burden than that which would make me feel good Paresthesia. Especially those who turned out to be very high maintenance.

I dont spend alot of time "rescuing " women and their children out of thier problems anymore. I found out that my time and skills are valuable commodities in the marketplace. They usually cannot afford them.
It would require commitment.

I like a woman who can do things for themselves. It leaves me free to do more things that I like to do..not just fill in for what they cannot do for themselves. It also means that such a woman is free to come to a man for love only. The very thing so many women complain is missing from thier lives/relationships. But do they do this as a career. This is the difference in Fairness and equality which is never discussed in this type of thread. Why?? Because most men cannot think this far. So how would they ever be able to express such a concept to a woman??

I respect certain opinions from women too. I just dont put up with much of the dumbness which passes for excellence among many women by the default of ignorant males.
Certain women I know have taught me things I would never have gotten from male socialization.

By the way Kacen...feminism would not survive in places like Saudi Arabia and elsewhere. Especially in nations where the struggle to survive means much more than turning on American Idol and such drivel and calling this life. Women in these places work much harder to maintain thier lives and the lives of thier familys than do women here in the USA. They also work much harder than do many of the men here. THey are not as a woman taught me....shrinking violets.

Feminism only survives in nations with economic affluence. Without economic affluence the feminists cannot default through.

Good luck in eliminating sexism. YOu can start with Cosmopolitan magazine.

Rasobasi 420, did you ever find out what the deal was??

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 11-4-2007 by orangetom1999]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

Rasobasi 420, did you ever find out what the deal was??

Thanks,
Orangetom

No, never did. I still don't understand why it's not called masculinist. I suppose it's because men are already dominant. But does that mean that feminism is in favor of female dominion?

So, why did you choose the word feminist, rather than, i don't know, equalist maybe?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I have a massive pet peeve for sexist men. I cannot stand it when women are treated unfairly.

How does it make you feel when men are treated unfairly by women or governments?

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

actually made me laugh.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I am in fact a equalist. I am not a feminist nor a masculinist. I just know that with most of the women I have ever met ..they are not intrested in Equality or risk in the manner done by males. This is sexism on the female part.

I also know that equality is not happening. Much sexism is happening by both sexes. It is just only accredited to one. Hence my statement about Cosmopolitan magazine.

What I am against is male disposabilty and expendability...which is the main sexism I see happening and mostly the fault of males..not females.
This is why I also say I am not in the "rescue me" buisness...sometimes known as the" Flashdance me through lifes difficultys phenomonon."

When you come to understand how the silence of the concept of "Male disposability and expendability " is so often used in our social structure to play through unaccountable(to default through) you will understand how sexism is working while labeliing others sexist. This is going to come back big time with the next election. They are already gearing up for the sexism/racism votes. It is a gaurantee of votes from certain groups. It was cultivated and conditioned for this purpose. Same as racism.

When I see posts by folks like Kacens..I deduce that they were raised mostly by women. Have womens values and thinking. THey are of course entitled to thier opinions..but folks like me will rebutt their positions.

GPS777,
Good to see you again..look foreward to your posts.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
These heels are killing me!!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
=(

Your all a bunch of Poland forgetters.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Do you mean their screen door on their submarines, or their Rocket to the sun, at night?

And again, why feminist, and not equalist?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

=(

I'm afraid I am not up to speed on Polish history or even the abbreviation stfu. Someone please clue me in here??

The technique is called debate ..rebuttal. It is not called Labeling and name calling..no matter what names or labels one chooses to utilize. This means that you try to stay on topic and debate or rebutt certain specific points of a persons post. Not reduce a post to namecalling or labeling.
This is however a favorite technique of the feminists and even many males who cannot think a concept through but are reduced to this type of base drama. This is why you so often see me stating "What a dumb bunch of males."

I am ,like Rasabosi420, waiting for you to debate or rebutt to his interrogatories. Not default through with the technique I am quoting above.
This is how many women and inexperienced men work.

If you dont get what you want or that to which you think you are entitled...name call and label....but dont ever debate the points.

There are men here on this thread...and some of us do not drama queen others to get through lifes hurdles/difficulties as a career opportunity.

LOL LOL..I just plugged in the abbreviation STFU to discover what it means.
Ok..that verifys my thinking and observation.
Enough said on that. I am not interested in a thread or post going to the lowest common denominator as do much of the drama levels of what passes for our media/education today.

THanks to all for their posts,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
How does it make you feel when men are treated unfairly by women or governments?

Kacen,

GPS777 has made a very timely post here without even knowing it. By the way..GPS777 is down under in Australia if I recall correctly. And GPS 777 take particular note of this case I am describing for its sexism, Racism, and male disposability and expendability by governments. I am sure this was going on down under long before it hit the news by the very femmine attributes of the government you have down there. It is however about time it hit the news here for what it is. This case is known in our media as the "Duke University Rape case."

I heard this on the news here this afternoon while getting ready for work. It is about the Duke University Rape issue which hit the news media and nation by storm over a year ago. The charges against these three boys are dropped as of today. It just broke the news in the last hour.

What I recall and what astonished me in the arena of sexism, racism , and male disposability when this first broke the news some one year ago ...was the speed and surety with which the news media and "Experts" had these boys tried, convicted, and executed in the arena of public opinion. The feminists too. While I did not know any particulars of the case outside of the original charges...I was astonished when I realized what the media and the media sexists, racist, news coverage politicians/pimps were doing. They were prostituting this cases in the public arena for ratings/coverage. You quickly had the "usual suspects/experts" jumping on the bandwagon for coverage.

In this case the woman involved happened to be black and the three boys white. This immediately meant that it was nationwide news.
What appears to have happened was that a very zealous prosecuter used and galvanized the public emotions this case for votes among a certain section of the community in a re election. bid. It was successful.
With the passage of time the evidence for prosecuting the case began to fall apart. None of the usual media suspects stepped foreward to retract their statements. Nor did to my knowlege any of the feminist groups who had taken the forefront of the news and editorial sections of the papers/media. I will be watching for retractions in the weeks to come by these very groups so eager to try this case in the media.

This appears to be a textbook case of someone or several someones playing the sterotype of a system in place to gain political advantage of some kind. In otherewords to "Default" through without question by letting a sexist system do the work for them in making others disposable and expendable. One of these systems in place as GPS777 aptly states is the goverment.

This case has all the ingredients in it often credited to other groups...but in fact practiced by the groups who so often claim "Victimization " for themselves. Sexism, Racism, and government pimpinig/merchandizing for votes. It also contains my often used example of "Male disposability and expendability" which I use or illustrate in certain posts.

GPS777 Thanks again for your timely post as quoted above.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I dont know if I am feminest or not. I believe that all human man or women are equal and can do anything each other can do. I was raise by women and strippers at that so my point of view is different. Women should be equal as each other man. But the fact remains women deserve (like men do) the repitation they got. The want love, (most of them do) and no women wants to be alone. But then when They find a good guy they run. First what happens Is women cheat then brake up. Then they want to know why men treat them like Sh!t Well could it be cuz you women are sluty. Not all women.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join