It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The final hurdle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Okay, thanks to some practice and some study Im confident I can:
raise chickens, a cow or two, a couple of goats and some hogs.
I know I can garden. I was raised with a garden. I can milk, butcher, make cheese and butter from cream, mill and grind grains, bake breads, and essentially maintain and sustain all that I need to feed, clothe and hydrate myself with or without electricity, plumbing or petrols.

Whats keeping me from living independently and free?

The outrageous one-time cost of land and the equally outrageous yet infintely more offensive continuing cost of property tax.

The system has really made it impossible for someone to simply exist, hasnt it? I suppose I could always become some hopeless ward of the state shuffled into the urban ghettos and live off of the wages of others. It seems that dependence is rewarded yet independence is punished.

Its just so frustrating.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Suggest that you find out how the Amish do it in their communities.

Why they dont have social security numbers. Also why they get into trouble with the governments when they are influenced to take out social security numbers. Also why this information/news is not made forthcoming to you.

Find out what the status Fee Simple means. Allodial Fee Simple.

This is a status at law..but not taught to many peoples for what it is or even its existance verses statutes at equity or Admiralty Maritime Law.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 9-4-2007 by orangetom1999]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Whats keeping me from living independently and free?

The outrageous one-time cost of land and the equally outrageous yet infintely more offensive continuing cost of property tax.

The system has really made it impossible for someone to simply exist, hasnt it? I suppose I could always become some hopeless ward of the state shuffled into the urban ghettos and live off of the wages of others. It seems that dependence is rewarded yet independence is punished.

Its just so frustrating.

My suggestion would be to move. When it all goes down you want to be far away from cities anyhow. Believe it or not there are places in the US that don't have property, state or sales taxes. Once you find one of these gems you can practice all your skills til' the cows come home (pun intended). Until you get out of the city you will never be free.

Remember, the government does not want you to be independent. They want you to be another sheep so you can be controlled. Best of luck to you!

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
My suggestion is to save a few hundred thousand, or million, dollars and purchase your own island. There are plenty for sale both in the US and abroad. Since you don't need electricity or plumbing then you will have no need to be connected to the mainland. Just be sure to keep a sturdy boat for emergencies!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrepareForTheWorst

Remember, the government does not want you to be independent. They want you to be another sheep so you can be controlled. Best of luck to you!

I tend to agree with this statement of Prepare for the worst. Government people do not want you to be independent. They want you to rely on them for the nod of approval or the shake of the head disapproval.
Governments do not tend to like independent peoples who do not vote or purchase on a predictable controllable malliable schedule. Especially voters.

This means you need to train yourself to think outside of what passes for education today. Very difficult. It means another tack of thinking and education. A tall order for many of us.

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

join