It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trophy shop for sale; owner is fed up with alcoholic neighbors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Trophy shop for sale; owner is fed up with alcoholic neighbors

seattletimes.nwsource.com

A trophy shop that got a controversial new next-door neighbor 16 months ago -- an apartment building housing 75 of Seattle's most sickly street alcoholics -- is searching for a new downtown location at which to do business.

"I know every business has nuisances they have to deal with, but the problem is they put 75 of them right next to me," Anderson said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
archives.seattletimes.nw source.com
archives.se attletimes.nwsource.com
archives.seat tletimes.nwsource.com
[url=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-30,GGLD:en&defl=en&q=define:client&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title]www.google.com[/u rl]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This story bothers me on a number of levels.
1. My tax dollars paid for this housing project.
2. If I were to get a similar apartment in the same area, it would cost me up to $1500.00 per month.
3. There is no treatment provided at this facility. They are put there and allowed to drink in their rooms and come and go as they please.
4. This guy with the trophy shop is going to loose value on his property through no fault of his own. It also was not a trend that he could see coming or anything like that.
5. My tax dollars paid for the 200+ ambulance calls to that house last year.
6. This Bill Hobson character is an obvious apologist for these people. He refers to them as clients. These people don't pay for anything, I do with my taxes. Mr. Hobson is in serious denial if he thinks these people are clients.

Feel free to disagree, but this makes me sick. It is giving these people a free place to live so they can drink themselves to death. No programs, no rules. And I am paying for it and also being forced to live far from downtown and my job because I cannot afford to live in the area that they live in for free.

seattletimes.nwsource.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join