It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Hostages NOT tortured even remotely!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
well here is an article from TIME
www.time.com...

but... this is mainstream media so I don't know how much of it can be trusted.

----------------
Britain's Defense Ministry said it could not comment, but confirmed that sailors were being debriefed about their captivity.

The tabloid Sun newspaper wrote that "nobody emerges from this crisis with credit."

"The sight of the illegally detained British forces thanking Iranian tyrants for their freedom will sicken the nation," the Sun said in an editorial.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This artical states that Iran is about to release a full video and book detailing their entire stay. I guess the britons are going to counter act this visible LIE with one of their testimonial LIES.

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- Iran plans to release a book and CD detailing the arrest and detention of 15 British sailors and marines whom Tehran blames for illegally crossing into Iranian waters, an Iranian military spokesman said.

AAC

[edit on 10-4-2007 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
This artical states that Iran is about to release a full video and book detailing their entire stay. I guess the britons are going to counter act this visible LIE with one of their testimonial LIES.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

Haha, I like the wording the IRanians used. "They were held in "complete freedom" during their captivity.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SR
Dude have you ever thought maybe we should just leave them alone and stop judging them and bullying them into western ways through the Saudi's etc.

Yes. If they stop threatening other countries with destruction and stop trying to take over other countries. Then by all means leave them to kill each other as they will. No problem with me as long as they stay in their own borders and stop building Nuclear Weapons. Its a shame about them blowing up each other though. Makes them look evil to me. I've never seen a Babtist strap a bomb to their teenage daughter and send her to a Methodist Church to blow them up. I guess loving your children is no longer acceptable?

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

If that was an accident, then ok, but if you really were comparing the Iranians to the Iraqis, that was just stupid.

Since the Iranian leaders are providing the weapons to the Iraqi Insurgents don't they hold equal blame. If I hire a murderer, am I not a murderer as well. Same thing exactly.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by u4ria
Did Iran not call for Israel to be wiped off the map! and you believe these guys ain't looking for nuclear weapons because if you do your Blind to the actual truth.

Yes they did. Many times. They are serious about it too. When the bombs are built they will fly. Then everyone will blame us for not stopping it.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

Hasn't Israel called for the destruction of just about every surroudning nation, i.e. Pakistan, Iraq, Iran. Fail to see your logic?

No they have not. Where did you get that? Can you document? Unless you are talking about an Anarchist group from the Zionists. They don't represent Israel any more than the KKK represents the US. They are criminals and belong in jail.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
You obviously get your news from FOX and CNN, yes you must consider yourself very informed...

Hey, wake up man, Israel said they would hit 200 Iranian sites if they dont stop enrichment....that was in European newspapers and the Asia Times (never hear about it in your media though).

Then Iran responds "oh we will wipe you off the map then". Those are the actual translations, look it up. Thats how this whole thing started.

They even said they were in talks to attack regional countries, Syria, Jordan, and yes Iran, because they were "supporting terrorism", this was more than 2 years ago, I remember reading an article from the London Guardian that talked about it! Then when people got angry about it, they out-right lie, and say "wait, we take it back, we werent talking about it"

Its like them saying "well we didnt know about 911" even though its even in the Associated Press, every single major government in the world issued warnings weeks, months before 911. Even though politicians were told not to fly to NY days before 911. Even though Chicago lawyer David Schippers was pounding on then AG John Ashcrofts door, with a box full of documents, begging him to do something because an attack was coming! Did you know that! Bet not, cuz you get your news from the news!

"Oh we are against torture! Torture is reprehensible!" Thats what Gonzalas said a few months ago, CNN footage I saw it...

Yet in 2005, Gonzalas put out memos and documents that condone and defend it, as a "useful tool in the war on terrorism" and have even wrote memos saying "we can crush childrens testicles, and stick needles in childrens toes, to get answers from the parents" of "suspected insurgents".

www.washingtonpost.com...

Suspected insurgents, suspected, they are not even sure! Yet they keep them for years at Guantanamo, beating torturing and humiliating them while taking pictures of it all, while Gonzalas puts out memos defending it, then goes in front of the cameras and says he wasnt. All this while they put out propaganda shows like 24, with Jack Bauer (which is the real name of the Rothschilds, Bauer) torturing people all over the place, as they condition you to accept it..then they go and give 24 awards and grants for doing such a good job programming your mind with their television program cuz thats what all TV programs are for, thats why they call them programs....yea im ranting now, so what?

Its complete mind washing, complete propaganda, anything that comes from any official source, pure propaganda! Iran included, their government is not good either but what government is...

How many more skeletons must we pull out of the closet to awaken you damn people? How much more corruption and evil must be exposed for you guys to finally see the truth, and realize your government lies to you and doesnt care about you?

I mean people seriously, its all propaganda, all of it, on all sides. Nothing is as it seems, it never is. But, you see, its not called propaganda anymore, its called "Mind control" that is the word your Elite uses, in their owns words, to describe their propaganda machines! David Rockefeller Autobiography go read it! Mind control for the masses, thats what media is for!

Media comes from the word medes, which was an ancient people who did nothing but lie and manipulate others. You think its a coincidence they use that word, go ahead and think that...

[edit on 10-4-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
So, remember now, you have no granbdfather, father, or brothers anymore, and the occupiers are still oppressing you everyday.
After you have lived through this reality for twenty years. You tell me what is barbaric.
Try putting yourself in other people shoes

Wow. Great post.

'You have voted AnAbsoluteCreation for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.'

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightWorker13
Then Iran responds "oh we will wipe you off the map then". Those are the actual translations, look it up.

As much as I agree with your sentiments, that line is bullsh|t. The translation is "the israeli regime will vanish from the page of time."

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Yes indeed that is the quote, you see people, they dont want to destroy Israel because they are evil, they wanna see this current Israeli regime, which has commited atrocity after atrocity against arabs since 1947, they want it gone. The want Israel to be in the hands of the Palestinians, not some global Elitists who use the jews as fodder...

[edit on 11-4-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Palestinians are actually ones setting up the atrocities, so I don't care how Israel retaliates. Neither would I care how the UK or US would retaliate against Iran for its criminal actions.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Yes indeed that is the quote, you see people, they dont want to destroy Israel because they are evil, they wanna see this current Israeli regime, which has commited atrocity after atrocity against arabs since 1947, they want it gone. The want Israel to be in the hands of the Palestinians, not some global Elitists who use the jews as fodder...

[edit on 11-4-2007 by LightWorker13]

hmmm
I'm on the side of Israel - if my people had been persecuted throughout the last 2,000 years, and had 6 million exterminated during ww2, and then been surrounded by enemies avowed to destroy the state (i.e. my government, country etc), then I would be more than a tad paranoid, and wouldn't take any guff either
www.bibletopics.com...

I understand that the shoe has occasionally been on the other foot, and that jews have persecuted other religions, but this should not detract from the modern world and particularly the religious pogroms perpetrated against jewish people and the state of israel.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So, because religious persecutions have existed for x amount of time, we should continue to take the side of someone who is willing to persecute a religion again?

I think it has to end. Personally, if I were in office in any government, I would outright fire the first person who tries to justify military action using religious history or beliefs as reason for it.

I read recently of a movement of atheists who are laying blame of alot of current issues directly on religion. Not one religion in particular, but all mainstream religions. I actually agree with most of what they have to say. Some of it was obvious ranting, and un-necessary, but in regards to manipulation of the public, singling out foreign peoples, and general brainwashing tactics, religion is absolutely guilty.

However, it is difficult for atheists to combat religion. Mostly because as atheists, we hold to the scientific process, and the scientific process has nothing to do with these sorts of things. Most atheists take a 'dont care' stance when it comes to religion, but at the same time recongnize the issues it is causing. Technically, science would say that any inefficiencies in a process must be removed, it's the how that we have no guidelines on.

When you're fighting manipulation, how to you coax people onto your side? You can't they are already manipulated.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
As an atheists myself i agree most wars, the general day to day crap that happens in the world is down to religion, personal i see the catholic bible as an old form of population control just like the media is today if you think about it when TV first hit the high street and every one could afford to own one it hit the church bad basically it didn't help in the decline of of people attending church, and TV became the new population control method.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

You obviously get your news from FOX and CNN, yes you must consider yourself very informed...
[edit on 10-4-2007 by LightWorker13]

I watch FOX, CNN, CNBC, ABC, CBS and NBC as well as others. The stories are exactly the same most of the time. They all engage in Spin, exaggerations and outright lies. If I did not watch multiple sources I would be brainwashed by one point of view and unable to glean the facts from the rubbish spewed by all sides. I also consider things told to me by people who have actually participated in actions in the Middle East and served at Guantanamo. I take everything I read here with a grain of salt due to the one sided radical nature of many here. I read but usually ignore what is reported on extremists sites that sell books and tapes or beg for donations. I do not belong to a political party. They are so entrenched with liars and confidence persons (notice the Political Correctness ) I consider it less than intelligent to subscribe to one point of view. I vote based on the individual and often write in candidates. I don't waste my vote by voting for the lesser of two evils.

I figure there is a 95% chance the British are telling the truth and a 5% chance the Iranians are telling the truth. I'm being generous to the Iranians.

To the poster of the sick photos everyone has seen dozens of times -
What do those photos from Iraq have to do with Iran????? Unless of course you are admitting that these insurgents are actually coming from and working for Iran? Yes those soldiers did wrong and they were punished. The punishment maybe should have gone a level or two higher in fact. If you are saying all Americans act like that you are very wrong. Defamation and slander are terrible things. These men and women are putting their lives on the line for what they believe to be a just cause. Labeling them like that is evil!

[edit on 4/14/2007 by Blaine91555]
Edited to say - When I'm speaking of Iran I'm referring to its leaders not its people. They are mostly prisoners of a Dictatorial Government.

[edit on 4/14/2007 by Blaine91555]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join