It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Hostages NOT tortured even remotely!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Iranian official have release photographs of British soldier watching television, playing games, and enjoying ping-pong for nearly two weeks.

This report is in stark contrast to what British officials claim happened while they were held captive.

I don't know what to say except this seems like a elementary school conflict, with both sides acting like children. GROW UP!

artical

AAC

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Absolutely.

The governments of most nations have been acting more and more like little children in a "I know you are but what am I?" contest.

The difference is, when it comes to worl leaders, people end up dying for it.

Bush, Blair, Ahmed, and the rest of them all need to smarten the hell up.

Wouldn't it be just poetic if they declared war on each other, and instead of the populations actually going over to fight, they waged war on their own governments?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
We are discussing it here -
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Because the Iranians said it, it must be true
How terrible of me to even question it, right? I mean, after all they have been SOooooooooo honest about their nuclear program - well, I mean AFTER they were caught violating UN charter and defying the IAEA that is!

I think I'd rather trust the reports from the captives themselves than from Iran! Now that being said, I do NOT believe that they were "Tortured" just as I do not believe that we, the US is "Torturing" our captives. They were treated pretty similarly to how we are treating the enemy combatants in our care. And we should fully expect that! But let's not go around believing that they were playing chess and eating nuts while watching TV the whole time - PUH-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Because the Iranians said it, it must be true
How terrible of me to even question it, right? I mean, after all they have been SOooooooooo honest about their nuclear program - well, I mean AFTER they were caught violating UN charter and defying the IAEA that is!

I think I'd rather trust the reports from the captives themselves than from Iran! Now that being said, I do NOT believe that they were "Tortured" just as I do not believe that we, the US is "Torturing" our captives. They were treated pretty similarly to how we are treating the enemy combatants in our care. And we should fully expect that! But let's not go around believing that they were playing chess and eating nuts while watching TV the whole time - PUH-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!

And what happens when they release the pictures proving it?

Also, how can you assume so much? It seems like you believe what you 'want' to believe.

AAC

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The Iranians can suck it! Who gives a sh*t what the Iranians has to say. The british sailors shouldn't be kidnap anyways. I mean what did they do?In any country you would years in prison for kinapping. There's no justification in kinapping innocent people. End of story.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
^^^ It wasn't kidnap. It was an arrest. Besides US, British, and most every other country arrests people under loose pretenses. Hell, in Guatanamo Bay people are swept off the streets and sent there for months if not years.

Listen, I love america. I am american. But you need to open your eyes if you think our # doesn't stink.

FWI. Iraq & Iran have long disputed where the water boundries are. So this isn't a cut and dry case.

AAC

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This PICTURE sure doesn't look like they're scared.

AAC

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hold on, let me catch my breath before I even try to help you...
Um, I believe what THE CAPTIVE BRITS have reported, not what I "want to believe"
Do you get news where you come from?

Let's just put it this way - um, the Iranians have a long held and well established habit of lying about such things. We commonly call what they have done as PROPAGANDA. We also call what you have done as "Taking the bait - hook, line and sinker!"

As I've already said, they weren't tortured. They were subjected to the same treatment that we are offering our captives and we should expect that. Now, if you want to become Mayor of Fairytale Land and believe that they spent their two weeks in capitivity playing chess and watching football matches, that's fine with me.
The rest of us, residents of Realityville, will continue to accpet what REALLY happened at face value.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Kozmo, LOOK AT THE PICTURE. Mister "I believe what my country says."

It seem they are PLAYING CHESS!
Kozmo it's okay. People lie all the time.

[edit on 9-4-2007 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

[edit on 9-4-2007 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I have to believe the recently released British soldiers when they reported that they were blindfolded. OK, being blindfolded isn't much of a torture. However, if I were blindfolded, and I heard the sound of a firearm being cocked and loaded, it certainly would raise more than a few moments of concern. Is acute anxiety and concern for one's own safety, much less one's own life, torture?

I think it is.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Are you clueless!?!? It's a STAGED PROPAGANDA PIC!!! READ THE FREAKING NEWS!!!!

Here... Allow me to help - it seems you've never heard of Google!

Captive feared Iran preparing coffin

Hostage tells of terror

Captives tell of treatment

Man, I could go on and on for days!
Now, who is that wants to believe only what they want to believe. Give me a break.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
I have to believe the recently released British soldiers when they reported that they were blindfolded. OK, being blindfolded isn't much of a torture. However, if I were blindfolded, and I heard the sound of a firearm being cocked and loaded, it certainly would raise more than a few moments of concern. Is acute anxiety and concern for one's own safety, much less one's own life, torture?

I think it is.

COME ON BT.

Blindfolded? Fraternities blindfold. Countries blindfold to keep people from remembering locations. DID YOU SEE THE PICS? Chess? Laughing?

Come on. There is some serious bs going on here. *Iran, US, UK*

Also, if a few iranians cocked their guns to frighten a few brits, big deal. I think there was a US scandal that was a little more detailed in torture. Abu anyone?

AAC

AAC

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm done with your dead-end thread!
You are too jaded to have a clue! Denying Ignorance is a cause you should consider taking up
Did you even read any of the links I posted? There are HUNDREDS of these stories circulating in REPUTABLE news sources and yet, you choose to believe one STAGED picture! Hell, some of those stories even DISCUSS THE STAGED PIC! But I guess you have to be willing to READ THE STORIES if you want the truth.
You are now officially beyond reprise and engaged in full blissful ignorance. Have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Are you clueless!?!? It's a STAGED PROPAGANDA PIC!!! READ THE FREAKING NEWS!!!!

Here... Allow me to help - it seems you've never heard of Google!

Captive feared Iran preparing coffin

Hostage tells of terror

Captives tell of treatment

Man, I could go on and on for days!
Now, who is that wants to believe only what they want to believe. Give me a break.

These stories you claim are true is what these soldiers are going to be profiting from when they sell their autobiographies. Also, these stories are what the brits needed to have published to save face.

For the record. I am choosing to believe PICTURES for solid proof with seemingly genuine smiles. You are believing rhetoric from a country that needed to save face. BTW, why didn't the sailors come out in the beginning and say they were allowed to play chess and laugh amoungst eachother. Becasue they SAID they were in isolation. Did that pic look like isolation?

AAC

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I'm done with your dead-end thread!
You are too jaded to have a clue! Denying Ignorance is a cause you should consider taking up
Did you even read any of the links I posted? There are HUNDREDS of these stories circulating in REPUTABLE news sources and yet, you choose to believe one STAGED picture! Hell, some of those stories even DISCUSS THE STAGED PIC! But I guess you have to be willing to READ THE STORIES if you want the truth.
You are now officially beyond reprise and engaged in full blissful ignorance. Have a nice day.

Cut and run. Bye bye buddy. BTW, all those news sources you claim that the real stories are in... those are the news sources that are truely corrupted. I believe most news outlets being biased in some nature. But those pics contradict the isolation claim they said first.

It is so easy to say that the pics aren't genuine. That is believing what you want. I can tell a genuine smile, as most can, and those faces seem genuine. Unlike the stories you seem to believe.

AAC

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I can attest, it's extremely difficult to play ping-pong at gunpoint.

Don't believe the torture story.

Peace

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Sorry ACC but your living in a fantasy world if you don't believe they were subject to psychological abuse, these pictures your using only show the 15, what you don't see is what your not wanted to see, pound to a penny there's a Iranian guard holding a gun, how do you know the smiles in the picture are genuine smiles and not smiles forced with fear like the woman in the pic could have been told smile or never see your child again, but of course you only choose to see what you want to see from what your posting.

at the end of the day from what ive seen and read i believe the government and the 15, until proof comes to light they were lying.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Those photos the Iranians released are obviously for propaganda purposes. I would smile too if I was threatened with seven years of imprisonment for “espionage.” This is clearly a tactic or Iran, and a tactic that other similar nations have done for decades. Vietnam POW pictures come to my mind, where they would be coerced to smile at the camera, yet secretly flicking it off at the same time so we knew what the situation really was.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by u4ria
Sorry ACC but your living in a fantasy world if you don't believe they were subject to psychological abuse, these pictures your using only show the 15, what you don't see is what your not wanted to see, pound to a penny there's a Iranian guard holding a gun, how do you know the smiles in the picture are genuine smiles and not smiles forced with fear like the woman in the pic could have been told smile or never see your child again, but of course you only choose to see what you want to see from what your posting.

at the end of the day from what ive seen and read i believe the government and the 15, until proof comes to light they were lying.

As I respect your position, I must agree to disagree. You can tell fake smiles. Look at them again. Seriously look at the faces. There is ZERO distress in them. They almost look to be on holiday.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join