It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Chicago last night!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Yeah I was at home last night, and at about 11:00 i see this round bright light in the north sky, it was just sitting there. I thought that maybe it was a star until it started to move sharply. It hovered for a while and then it dissapeared. I mean i could be wrong but i dont know any other way to explain it.

[Edited on 30-12-2003 by GUNIT]

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It could have been an airplane that was flying out of the city, away from you. Just appearing to be hovering.

Thats just a suggestion. Chicago has a large amount of air traffic.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
It could have been an airplane that was flying out of the city, away from you. Just appearing to be hovering.

Thats just a suggestion. Chicago has a large amount of air traffic.

yes thats true but it was to low for a plane to be hovering for 15 minutes in one spot

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You should report your sighting here:
www.ufocenter.com...

and also keep tabs on the sight to see if anyone else has seen anything in the area..

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Where in the sky was it? I live in the same area and was outside on a lake looking up at the stars last night. (At least through the occasional patches of clear sky
)

I have been seeing little aircraft over the holiday season a LOT (saw a couple of F-14s on christmas eve). I also went to O'Hare yesterday to pick someone up around 7, and there was a HUGE police presance there, SWAT trucks everywhere with their lights blairing, unmarked black mini-vans(didn't know they'd bother with those, where are the SUVs?!) with lights blairing, and about 5 cops circling the departure section kicking people out who are waiting for arrivals (it's a lot quicker then trying to get through the arrivals gates), or writing tickets if the person refuses to leave.

The point of all that info was that maybe it was a helicopter hovering giving police an eye in the sky, and it's spotlight happened to be pointed in your direction. With all the cops out there, I wouldn't be surprised...

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Yes, helicopter was my thought as well.
Now if the object defied the laws of physics by doing a rapid zigzag pattern in flight or something,, then I would question, but a hovering light is likely a helicopter.

new topics

top topics

join