It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imus on his knees begging

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSIfan
Do you have a sense of humor? Didn't you notice that I put a little (lol) after that sentence?

I have a great sense of humor, and I didn't miss your little lol. And I never said I didn't find it funny, just pointed out that others may not have. If Imus had been typing what he said, I'm sure he would have put a little lol after his ho comment. It's just not everybody will find everything funny, and I'm sure there are plenty who would be appauled by jokes of executing Bush and Cheney, not me personally, but that's the whole point here.

By the way, I don't disagree with everything Imus has ever said; funny is funny, UNTIL YOU TARGET SOMEONE SPECIFICALLY, which he boldly did many times...(LIBEL!)

Bush and Cheney are much more SPECIFIC (don't know why you gotta yell all the time) than a sports team.

Take a nice person, or kid and give them a steady diet of Imus...it won't be long before they begin to say hurtful things and begin to manifest lots of HATRED.

No, a nice person is a nice person. Not everybody is ripe for brainwashing, stop trying to blame everybody but the person who says hurtful things. You are so vicious towards Imus, who taught you to be so mad at Imus? How did your Imus hatred manifest? You called him bad rubbish, is that not libel?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Sharpton and Jackson BOTH went on TV and whipped those three INNOCENT young men. They BOTH said that the men were guilty.

And there will be no apology. Not to the Duke boys and not to Steven Pagones. It's not going to happen.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It seems that IMUS is the better man .... doesn't it?

It sure does.

Do you have a sense of humor? Didn't you notice that I put a little (lol) after that sentence?

Yeah, Imus was laughing, too. But a sense of humor is a little harder to find when the shoe's on a white man's foot, idn't it?

funny is funny, UNTIL YOU TARGET SOMEONE SPECIFICALLY,

Like the president?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Actually I'm one of those who finds the humour (?) lacking in saying our elected leaders should be dragged into the streets and executed. Not humourous in the least, and my sense of humour is as twisted as anyones. Just because someone "lol"'s doesn't make it funny.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Bush and Cheney are much more SPECIFIC (don't know why you gotta yell all the time) than a sports team.

Bush and Cheney are public figures...I think it's the youthfulness of "the team" that outraged everyone IMO. Oh, and sorry about the CAPS...I am somewhat new here and I guess I should be using italics instead...

You are so vicious towards Imus, who taught you to be so mad at Imus? How did your Imus hatred manifest?

27, I am an American, hate is all around me...I grew up with hate. That's what we all would like to see...public communications smoothed out a bit in our Country, isn't it? You know, get rid of the hate speech.

I know my own shortcomings and I understand my struggle and the struggle of America to finally become "civilized", but I would never go on TV and spew epithets. Incidents similar to what happened to "the team" have happened to me all my life (on a smaller scale, though) and never in . As soon as I heard about the Imus remark, I thought, oh, oh, here we go again...!

You called him bad rubbish, is that not libel?

I am willing to stand up in any court and declare that potty-mouthed man is "bad rubbish" as the expression goes...and accept my punishment! Yes, I'll stand behind my statement!

[edit on 13-4-2007 by CSIfan]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You called him bad rubbish, is that not libel?

I am willing to stand up in any court and declare that potty-mouthed man is "bad rubbish" as the expression goes...and accept my punishment! Yes, I'll stand behind my statement!

No, it is not libel. And CSIfan, there would be no punishment. It is your opinion, that he is 'bad rubbish', and as such is protected. No need to worry about a court case in this regard.

Review this post on definition of Libel

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Bush and Cheney are public figures...I think it's the youthfulness of "the team" that outraged everyone IMO.

Either way, people are people, young or old. Really, if you think about it, Imus trying to jokingly use hip-hop terms, which is clearly what he was trying to do (poorly), should be much less offensive to the general public than joking about executing our leaders in the streets. But enough about all that. I feel freedom of speech should be protected either way, you can't eliminate all the ignorant things people say, it's not gonna happen, but what you can do is say to your children, "see that, that's a good example of how not to be".

Oh, and sorry about the CAPS...I am somewhat new here and I guess I should be using italics instead...

No worries, it's hard to tell somebody's tone online sometimes.

27, I am an American, hate is all around me...I grew up with hate. That's what we all would like to see...public communications smoothed out a bit in our Country, isn't it? You know, get rid of the hate speech.

I'm American as well, but hate is something that is worldwide, it's a human emotion that people try to pretend they don't have. You can't get rid of hate, and forbidding something tends to make young, curious minds more interested in it, another trait of humanity. We like to tread where we're not supposed to, we don't like boundaries. So the more you tell your kids not to do something, the more interested they'll be. You'll never get rid of hate speech, but you can sure display it as an example of ignorance and stupidity. Instead of everybody just calling Imus out and letting him know how ignorant he sounded, they went way overboard and martyred him.

I know my own shortcomings and I understand my struggle and the struggle of America to finally become "civilized", but I would never go on TV and spew epithets. Incidents similar to what happened to "the team" have happened to me all my life (on a smaller scale, though) and never in . As soon as I heard about the Imus remark, I thought, oh, oh, here we go again...!

We all have shortcomings, and you can't force people to become "civilized", and there's no point in worrying about what others say, especially people who don't know you, that just makes them ignorant and shows they hate themselves more and wanna deflect things away from them.

I'm glad you stand behind it, and you shouldn't be punished. Neither should anybody for what they say, words are words. They mean nothing unless you let them.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
oops, double post

[edit on 13-4-2007 by 27jd]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
And there will be no apology. Not to the Duke boys and not to Steven Pagones. It's not going to happen.

Your fixation on Sharpton will get us nowhere. How would you feel if the 2000 pages of sealed documents show evidence of a cover up? I would reserve the demand for an apology until all the info is public...that righteous indignation may end up as a "hard pill to swallow"...all things are possible in this age of the cover-up...how about those millions of emails that just disappeared in the Justice Dept. investigation? hmmm...

Yeah, Imus was laughing, too. But a sense of humor is a little harder to find when the shoe's on a white man's foot, idn't it?

Imus was on national TV, and I am only here on our board. Here, I can make a joke or agree with someone else's joke with a semblance of impunity..I can not lose my job here!

And by the way, that "white man's foot" comment lets me know exactly who you are; not how you want to appear.

Girlfriend, your cat's out of the bag! But it's okay...here is where we deny ignorance and learn from the experiences of others, I believe we can all grow here...

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
No, it is not libel.

And neither is what Imus said according do the definition of libel. Since "ho" has no official definition and is subjective, it can't be proven true or false that they are "ho's". So no libel suit there either...

Edit to add: libel would be more like making a false statement that a plastic surgeon put women boobs on a man, when in fact he didn't, thus his reputation as a plastic surgeon could be harmed causing him financial trouble...

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
While comparing the Imus topic to other current events and persons--Bush, Cheney and Duke Univesity-- may be legitimate, it also appears to be taking the thread off topic.
Please try to talk only about the Imus incident and refrain from going down the path of alternative issues.

Thanks.

[edit on 13-4-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Actually I'm one of those who finds the humour (?) lacking in saying our elected leaders should be dragged into the streets and executed. Not humourous in the least, and my sense of humour is as twisted as anyones. Just because someone "lol"'s doesn't make it funny.

I only agreed with Imus on that one...you could tell him you didn't like his joke, but, alas, he's gone....no more bad jokes from Imus!

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

...a meeting of the minds, finally, and that's why we're here...

I agree with most of your replies, so I'm gonna vote you (drumroll...) WATS!

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Not really. It would be far better if it were let go and the human race were to move on to a point where the color of light your skin reflects was completely irrelevant.

Hate to break it to you, but most of this burden should be placed on white backs.

I know y'all won't like this, but I don't give a damn, it's true. Human skin color variation was NOT the issue it is today until the Europeans started feeling all high and mighty, all superior, and went around on their colonization orgy. This is why you see race being SUCH a big deal for the last 500 years. (IMO, they were pissed off because the Blackamoors came to Spain and Portugal and brought them back to civilization)

So, you can appreciate the irony that tickles me from time to time. I see white people saying forget about race, we're all the same now, when it was white people who said we are the greatest race, everyone else are colored apes for centuries.

It's funny cuz it's true.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Thanks, I appreciate that.

And I'm glad we're able to see eye to eye on some things, and I agree what imus said was stupid, I just think it was made into a much bigger issue than it should have been, and we probably have yet to see all the ramifications of this.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
So, you can appreciate the irony that tickles me from time to time. I see white people saying forget about race, we're all the same now, when it was white people who said we are the greatest race, everyone else are colored apes for centuries.

And that's the problem right there. Yes put it on our backs, put us on the defensive cuz of what our ancestors did, it's all our fault. Sorry, I'm not apologizing for crap I didn't do. You want to continue the hatred, fine by me. We will only say let's "forget about race, we're all the same now" for so long, doesn't seem like that's what you want to do, oh well.

It's funny cuz it's true.

Yeah, it sure is funny. Funny that you're perpetuating the hatred my ancestors had (I guess, since I didn't know them). I bet they sure are relieved that racism is in no danger of dying. It's funny cuz it's true.

Edit to add: noticed a very interesting quote in your sig...

"I believe in the brotherhood of man, all men, but I don’t believe in brotherhood with anybody who doesn’t want brotherhood with me." - Malcolm X

Couldn't agree more.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

And that's the problem right there. Yes put it on our backs, put us on the defensive cuz of what our ancestors did, it's all our fault.

No. The problem right there is you not reading what I posted.

Sorry, I'm not apologizing for crap I didn't do.

Who cares? I didn't ask you to.

You want to continue the hatred, fine by me. We will only say let's "forget about race, we're all the same now" for so long, doesn't seem like that's what you want to do, oh well.

Don't know what this means.

Yeah, it sure is funny. Funny that you're perpetuating the hatred my ancestors had (I guess, since I didn't know them). I bet they sure are relieved that racism is in no danger of dying. It's funny cuz it's true.

Explain how I am doing this.

Now, for what you SHOULD have read in my post...

Unfortunately, we ALL have to work to change this fixation on skin tone. But, it's only right to have the white people work harder to reach this goal. If black people went through much of the world and colonized others based on the superiority dark skin conferred, leaving the mark of this racism evident in every area they exerted control over TO THIS DAY, then black people would have to work harder than everyone else for this goal. See how that works?

Couldn't agree more.

Glad to see you appreciate that quote.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
No. The problem right there is you not reading what I posted.

I read very clearly what you posted.

Who cares? I didn't ask you to.

That's good, cuz I won't.

Don't know what this means.

read it again, it's pretty clear.

Explain how I am doing this.

You're doing this by putting blame, and responsiblity on my "white back" for things that happened long before I was born. That puts me on the defensive, as it would you. It causes me to feel anger, as it would you that I'm being wrongly blamed. Very wrongly blamed.

Now, for what you SHOULD have read in my post...

Unfortunately, we ALL have to work to change this fixation on skin tone.

That's not what I got from your post at all, I saw nothing about working together.

But, it's only right to have the white people work harder to reach this goal.

No, it's not. We should all have to work equally hard, on something that shouldn't be hard at all.

If black people went through much of the world and colonized others based on the superiority dark skin conferred, leaving the mark of this racism evident in every area they exerted control over TO THIS DAY, then black people would have to work harder than everyone else for this goal. See how that works?

No, if the only thing you did wrong was to be born black in that area, however you had nothing, nada, zilch, to do with what happened in the past, long before you were born, you would not have to work harder. Not at all. Not even a little, because you did nothing wrong but were born a certain color. That's racism, pure and simple. And that's how you are perpetuating the hatred you asked about above. See how that works?

Glad to see you appreciate that quote.

It's a good one, perhaps you should examine it's meaning a bit. I already said I think race should be irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Personally I do not believe it just for Rev. Al Sharpton or Rev. Jessie Jacskon to talk about any racism in the world. They are more racist than any of us, white or black, brown, yellow, black and blue, whatever color we are...they have us beat. Racism comes down to maturity, which both of those individuals do not have. Look up on google, msn, yahoo, in text books, newspapers, about what Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton have said. They call white people "pigs", "hooligans", "Supremicists", "Crackers", "whiteys". It's all recorded and quoted. They believe in "entitlement". Their "Reverend" titles should be revoked because of their actions. They look for drama and create drama everywhere they go. Jessie Jackson used to beat his wife and has an illigitimate child. You know what, Martin Luther King Jr. had a mistress, beat his wife and his children. If you go to college, and learn about black history, even from a black professor, you learn about all the atrocities that come with their fame. Look up the facts and realize, racism starts with the accusers. So, he called them "Nappy-headed hos", You have called someone a "cracker" or a "Jew", or a "N.....ot going there!" Just grow up and realize, it's culture, it will not go away until it is ignored. There is black entitlment and white entitlement, but there are also black CEOs and white CEOs. You decide how you live, everyone is given the opportunity...at least in the US....so take it, go as far as you can, just grow up and don't step on anyone's toes. I get insulted and you know, I just say "So what, I'm sorry you feel that way". Yeah, maybe it would hurt someone else...but not me. It's called earn respect, do not demand it. If Sharpton and Jackson would follow what they "preach"...they would be better of. Just grow up and deal with it. Watch "Short Circuitz" and see how they make fun of everyone...it's on MTV. Listen to what rappers say, it insults everyone. Grow up and deal with it, you didn't cry when you were in school, you ignored it. Just do that now and you will be fine. So, hate me for saying this, but I think we all need to grow the Hell up, or we will be living in hell.

[edit on 4/13/2007 by AlphaAnuOmega]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I read very clearly what you posted.

Good for you.

That's good, cuz I won't.

Good for you.

read it again, it's pretty clear.

I'll pass. It's not that important to me to read again.

You're doing this by putting blame, and responsiblity on my "white back" for things that happened long before I was born. That puts me on the defensive, as it would you. It causes me to feel anger, as it would you that I'm being wrongly blamed. Very wrongly blamed.

I don't care if you thought I was singling you out. Too bad for you. You mad? Go punch a wall or something.

That's not what I got from your post at all, I saw nothing about working together.

Too bad.

No, it's not. We should all have to work equally hard, on something that shouldn't be hard at all.

No we shouldn't. We should not have to work as hard as those who set up and perpetuated this race-based system.

See how that works?

Nope.

It's a good one, perhaps you should examine it's meaning a bit. I already said I think race should be irrelevant.

I think not. What I think about race is IRRELEVANT if people with more power than I have think otherwise. IOW, the fact that I think we are all equal representatives of Homo sapiens means spit if said person believes that some races are inferior to others.

It just doesn't matter, simple and plain. Just like what you think of my understanding of the quote in sig just doesn't matter.

[edit on 13-4-2007 by truthseeka]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
Personally I do not believe it just for Rev. Al Sharpton or Rev. Jessie Jacskon to talk about any racism in the world. They are more racist than any of us, white or black, brown, yellow, black and blue, whatever color we are...they have us beat.

We're talking big business here, not racial tit-for-tat...let's get past that and work together to clean up the filth on our public airways. All of it; let's make the FCC accountable to do its job!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join