It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming of a telephone number...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

LONDON (Reuters) - A British man has met and married a 22-year-old woman after, by his own account, dreaming of her phone number and then sending her a text message.

ADVERTISEMENT

David Brown, 24, says he woke up one morning after a night out with friends with a telephone number constantly running through his head. He decided to contact it, sending a message saying "Did I meet you last night?."

Random recipient Michelle Kitson was confused and wary at first but decided to reply and the two began exchanging messages. Eventually they met and fell in love.

"It was really weird but I was absolutely hooked," Kitson told the Daily Mail newspaper. "My mum and dad kept saying 'But he could be an axe murderer', but I knew there was something special about it."

After a long courtship, the oddly matched couple -- he's six foot seven inches tall and she's five foot four -- have just returned from their honeymoon in the Indian resort of Goa.

A love-struck Brown said: "I've no idea how I ended up with her number in my head -- it's only a few digits different from mine."

- YAHOO!

Do you think it's a coincidence or do you think this guy is psychic?

If someone called you saying they dreamt about your phone number, I'm sure you'd say "Wow, that's interesting..." and eventually hang up and forget. You might bring it up at your next family dinner to laugh about, but end up marrying this strange possible psycho...

Your thoughts?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
He's an excellent liar; It's the perfect kind of romantic crap some shallow women love to hear.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Stuff like that is really difficult to remember from dreams. I used to keep a dream diary, and I would get names and other specific data cropping up in dreams but they're usually the first thing to become blurred when you wake up - I mostly ended up writing that it was 'something like ...'. I never dreamed a telephone number but I can't imagine I would have been able to remember it accurately if I had've.

He says that the number he dialled was only a few digits different from his own phone number - if the story is straight up, then I suspect that what may have happened is that he actually dreamt about his own number, misremembered the number that he dreamed about when he woke up, ended up dialling what was, in effect, a ramdom number, and just got lucky. On the other hand, I don't tend to believe in random coincidence, so maybe it was meant to happen - I've heard stranger stories, like someone accidentally dialling a wrong number and it turning out to be their long lost sister for example.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I wrote a play from a dream, it was right before Christmas.
It was so vivid and cute I made myself get out of bed and take notes.

The following day I wrote it out music and all. I used songs allready written and fairly well known by the youth in her church.

At the time, my mother had been given a task in her church of being 'in charge' of putting on a play using the church youth.................she had been talking to me about being clueless as to what direction to go......

As her Christmas present I gave her the play I wrote.

She put on my play....wich was called 'Louis & Clark through the looking glass'...................there is a competition amoungst the varieous wards of her church and her ward took 2nd place honors.........it was the best they had done in years.

I have to say I am no playwrite
this was just a one time thing, and it was alot of fun to write up a play from a dream, and then AMAZING to see it on stage within 6 months and watch it win prizes and take accolades......

I think we are all preompted in dreams......

I wish I would dream up my true loves phone number sheesh how cool would that be?

top topics

join