It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Hostages tortured....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Originally posted by selfless

Honor is about facing that fear and not backing down. Having enough pride to stand up and do what's right.

You said it right there.

To do what's right in my opinion is to not go to war.

I would let my self be killed before i would kill someone else, if you think i have fear for that then i think you are mistaken.

Fear is killing the other person so that the other person doesn't kill you, now that's FEAR.

Honor is to do what is right, you said it.

There's nothing you would fight for? You would rather just give in? If that was the philosophy of our leaders throughout history we would be part of the Third Reich or the Soviet Union. Better yet we would be speaking Persian or Arabic. That philosophy is what I Fear. That possiblity that people would just give in and die. That scares me.

No you understood wrong, i don't give in and just die, i stay true to my self and do not murder someone else, no fear from that, just integrity.

And yes i fight for something, i fight for peace and well you can't fight for peace with war because war is what stops peace.

You know what is scary? a person who's been manipulated into believing that there is no other way to achieve peace then to have wars, that's scary.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Of course they started crying torture after they were released because they know that books written about being treated well doesnt sell

I dont care that they said what they did and anyone here that says they would hold out to torture, has obviously never been tortured.

[edit on 9-4-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWorker13
So Saddam stole money, prove it.

Oh gawd .. that has been PROVEN on MANY threads here already. :shk:

THIS is about the Brits who are claiming torture.
GET ON TOPIC.

Do you know what sanctions are? Hmmm?

Grow up.

THAT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE STARVING OF HALF A MILLION CHILDREN.

No it wasn't. The Oil for Food program was responsible to feed people.
Saddam stole from it and killed in doing so. AND the numbers were
inflated by Saddam. THAT's FACT.

And quit shouting. It's bad board behavior.

And in case you didnt know,

Obviously I know more about this than you do.
Oil for Food scandal. Look it up, junior.

Saddam was building social programs, just like Hugo Chavez, just like Hamas in Palestine.

Saddam = Chavez and Hamas ... oh yeah, now THAT is a good comparison! Man .. you just put your foot in your mouth.

[edit on 9-4-2007 by LightWorker13]

STOP editing and reediting and re-re-editing and GET ON TOPIC.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Thats all they are claims, ...they werent tortured, if they were, why arent there any marks or tears?

They were NOT tortured. Period.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
LightWorker13,

your words are pure and honest, you are a good person.

A lot of people who read what you said will agree with you on here.

Keep up your peaceful nature

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well if they werent tortured why are they saying they were? See no its not making sense.

And thanks for the kind words, Selfless, together we are indeed victorious. We need peace and unity, not war and division.

If you fight for peace, you get fighting...if you peace for peace, you get peace. We want a peaceful world, lets be peaceful for god sakes, not sink down to the level of those who want war. We gotta rise above that, and really practice what we preach, and practice the guidelines set forth for us in our religious doctrines, which is about 50% crap, and 50% good stuff that is just logical.

People forget. When God said "thou shalt not kill" he didnt mean "thou shalt not kill but, here are some exceptions" no, THOU SHALT NOT KILL. PERIOD. Iraq had nothing to do with 911 so why are you killing Iraqis? Guilty of sin and murder in the first degree.

There are other commandments like "thou shalt not covet thy neighbours oil, ugh i mean goods" "Thou shalt not steal" "thou shall not bear false witness" this whole war is breaking a list of basic guidelines we are all supposed to live by.

How many times does history have to repeat itself before we learn our lessons, war solves nothing. People will say "well what about WW2" get a grip ok, both sides all wars since the American revolution have been funded by the same international bankers ok, get the facts straight. War is not for anything but to kill, and increase the power of the oppressors, thats whats happening, your oppressors in America are spouting on their ego power trips, saying "im the decision maker" and I dont care what congresss or the American people say, we are doing things my way. These sick people and their sick power trips.

We are gonna veto any legislation that puts a timeline for troop withdrawl. Of course they dont want to withdraw, they are building permanent bases there, they dont want to leave. Period. They make too much money, and get too much power from this war, they dont want it to end. They get to say people like me are crazy for disagreeing. Its perfect for them.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

No you understood wrong, i don't give in and just die, i stay true to my self and do not murder someone else, no fear from that, just integrity.

And yes i fight for something, i fight for peace and well you can't fight for peace with war because war is what stops peace.

You know what is scary? a person who's been manipulated into believing that there is no other way to achieve peace then to have wars, that's scary.

So if this was World War 2 and your nation was being invaded by Japan or Germany, you have friends and relatives who are missing or dead, and everything you care for is gone you would not fight?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Difference being, those top-brass are ALWAYS retired. No serving personel should be able to earn money whilst in service from the sale of utter tripe to a sub-standard tabloid.

So it's OK to live off the exploits of others once your no longer part of the club??
and is there such a thing as a standard tabloid?

puhleeze
give unto me a break

[edit on 9-4-2007 by budski]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by malganis
no matter what crap they spew out and how obviously fake it is, the majority of the US and British public will believe it.

NOPE. You haven't been watching the US News, have you? CNN, MSNBC, and FOX are all in agreement ... the behavior of the Brits was LOUSY. It's amazing .. all three of the major 24/7 News networks agree on something. Oh .. and you are hard pressed to find anyone who thinks highly of those 15 Brits.

(sorry to any Brits reading this)

But the public will still believe Turney when tells them that she was tortured. Especially with the blind sympathy she will receive from her autobiography, she could tell the British public that Iran stuck a nuke down her throat and people will still believe it.

Well if they werent tortured why are they saying they were?

Well why do you think? The MoD obviously can't let Iran have a decent image so they tell Turney et al to exaggerate their claims of ill-treatment. Their stories are more effective on the population because they are being made into celebrities from it, TV interviews, books, etc

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2

I agree that the British sailors behavoir in not resisting was truly pathetic and the fact that they are now selling their story is disgusting.

Why???? Ferretman2, because they did not died from their torture under captivity? or. . . because a death soldier makes a better hero to exploit for our governments plans in the middle east.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

So if this was World War 2 and your nation was being invaded by Japan or Germany, you have friends and relatives who are missing or dead, and everything you care for is gone you would not fight?

Yes so why cant the Iraqi people fight back against you, when you invade them and blow up their families and friends, without being called terrorists who want to destroy America cuz they hate freedom? They are fighting for their freedom!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Yes so why cant the Iraqi people fight back against you, when you invade them and blow up their families and friends, without being called terrorists who want to destroy America cuz they hate freedom? They are fighting for their freedom!

I was asking Selfless
I never said they couldn't fight. They seem to be more intent on killing each other than us. Around One hundred Iraqis die in sectarian violence everyday. Thats almost 1000 a week. They aren't fighting for Freedom. They are fighting for Control. The Shiites want an Islamic republic. The Sunnies want to be back in power. The Kurds want to be left alone. Then you have the Foreign fighters who have come from as far away as Algeria, the Phillippines, Chechnya, and Sudan. They don't give a crap about Iraq or the Iraqis. They are there to kill what they call Zionist invaders. Its a freaking mess.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Regarding just giving out name, number and all that crap, for the umpteenth time, they do NOT train armed forces personnel outside of air crews, search and rescue teams, and special forces. Here is an interview with Admiral Sir Alan West who was...

news.bbc.co.uk...
First Sea Lord in 2004, when Iran detained eight British servicemen after they allegedly strayed over the maritime border.

Here he comments on the current detention by Iran of 15 Royal Navy personnel and compares it with the earlier incident.

news.bbc.co.uk...
What training would the personnel have been given to help them in the event of capture?

These particular people would not be trained in counter-interrogation techniques because they are not expected to be captured. But I think our guidance to anyone in that position would be to say what they want you to say, let's not be silly about it. Don't tell them secrets, clearly, but if they tell you: 'Say this', well if that's going to get you out, then do it. It means absolutely nothing, what they say, to be honest.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
These particular people would not be trained in counter-interrogation techniques because they are not expected to be captured. But I think our guidance to anyone in that position would be to say what they want you to say, let's not be silly about it. Don't tell them secrets, clearly, but if they tell you: 'Say this', well if that's going to get you out, then do it. It means absolutely nothing, what they say, to be honest.

That's rubbish, sorry. My brother was a sailor aboard HMS Iron Duke and he most definately received training in how to deal with capture. Not extensive training I have to admit, but it was most certainly covered.

In any case, you'd expect any normal person to put up some resistance to what amounted to idle threats from the Iranians. It would seem that some of them cracked straight away. Did Turney honestly think that Britain would allow her to be the only one left behind? Please.....

By her own admission, she was paranoid. She heard some woodwork and was measured, which to her meant she was being measured for a coffin?

It's not the first thing that would come to my mind! Especially seeing as it would make sense to measure someone for a coffin BEFORE cutting the wood.

The Iranians never said to her she would be killed, she made an assumption about why she was being measured and panicked. Silly cow.

And another thing, you seriously believe the Royal Marines don't provide this training either? They do escape and evade exercises all the time, part of which if your not that good at evading is being captured and interrogated.

The Admiral is merely trying to divert attention from the fact that the display we've seen here is a miserable representation of the Armed Forces.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
The Iranians never said to her she would be killed, she made an assumption about why she was being measured and panicked. Silly cow.

Silly cow lol

It's true though, it doesn't really give much to Britain's reputation does it. Our marines get pushed about a bit and they are allowed to come home then they start moaning and exaggerating and calling for sympathy.

Where's the stiff upper lip!?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Insiders know CIA black ops squads are committing the secterian attacks, and then drop propaganda leaflets saying this shia or sunni group did it, they are inciting secterian violence, thats the pentagons own plans. They want to divide and rule the people of Iraq by playing both sides against each other. They do it all the time, all over the world.

Even CNN admits, John Roberts did a huge special on it, they admit that the groups that are running around killing people, are aided and protected by the Iraqi police, who are trained and controlled by the Multi-national forces. The death squads running around Baghdad are controlled by top core agents working for the black operations squads, they call them black world squads...of the CIA and the US government.

The plan was to go in there, divide the country into 3 or 4 sectors, and foment endless secterian violence to cause civil war, so they could build permanent bases there and have permanent profits coming back to America in a variety of ways. They dont want to leave. Bush has no plans for withdrawl, hes vetoing any legislation that even hints at it....

Wake up.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Give me a break, that isnt torture, thats nothing but mind games. Not all of them gave them what they wanted and theyre free now to.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join