It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something freaky I saw when I was little.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think I was about 13 when I saw it, and let me say first, I`m pretty into cryptozoology and I`ve never seen anything like it. My Family and I had gone to San Antonio with my Aunt`s family. While visiting some natural park...don`t remember the name or location, I decided to walk ahead. Suddenly, out of nowhere, this thing swooped down in front of me as dissappeared just as quickly.

It looked almost like a bat, with no legs, and a very chubby body. I`m not sure I ever saw the head, but I estimate the entire animal was about 2 feet long. It could`ve been a bird, or maybe a large bat....but I don`t think either of those could be that thick, especially in flight. Whatever it was, it went by fast, so I couldn`t tell what it was.

Anybody have any Ideas as to what it was?

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Cmon people.....45 views and no one even has an opinion?

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
i assume most peoples opinions are that it is a known animal, since you saw it first hand and couldnt tell what it was

ID

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
My guess would be that this thing is nothing out of the ordinary. People often misinterpret things they see and based on the fact that this was at night, it happened fast, and you were young I feel that there is a high probability you simply misinterpreted what you saw. This may have been a large bird, perhaps an owl as this would match the vuege description you gave. I hate to be a sceptic but this just doesn't seem all that out of the ordinary.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
In the 1970's there was a string of "Large bird" sightings, birds that did not flap there wings to fly, they just did. They we're always sighted in heavily forrested areas or near farms.

top topics

join