It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Jesus picture is CESARE??

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I have seen some of you say the modern day (white)jesus picture is from www.crimelibrary.com..., this dude name cesare , have any proof?




posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I haven't seen any real proof, Col might have some.

But he does look a lot like our beloved white skinned, redhaired Jesus I would see at churches in paintings.



posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I haven't seen any real proof, Col might have some.

But he does look a lot like our beloved white skinned, redhaired Jesus I would see at churches in paintings.

I know that, but still I need proof.



posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
There are many depictions of Jesus...many before, and many after, this man. Though, it is common for some religious leaders to portray Christ in their image, especially nowadays....in their churches, etc., so it isn't unheard of. It was a popular hair/beard style for the day.... Just a funny parallel really, you're not going to find proof. The real proof is in the images of Jesus that predate Borgias.....



posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I think that it is just a coincidence that some of the images of Christ look like Cesare Borgia.

If you look at the pictures below, there is a definite resemblance between the second Christ image and that of Cesare Borgia. However, that particular picture of Christ was created in the late 6th century.

The first one was painted in the 12th Century and is included in order to prove that icons of a 'white christ' were in existance well before the birth of Cesare Borgia (September, 1475 - March 12, 1507).

It is possible that the later (Renaissance) images of Christ were painted to resemble Borgia, probably due to artists trying to flatter the pope (who was a patron of many artists).


Christ the Savior.
Russia. Mid. XII-th century.



Christ the Savior.
Sinay. Monastery of St. Catherine.
Enaustic icon of late VI-th century.



Cesare Borgia



posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
ThePook,

there is a problem with your theory though.

the second picture is from the sixth century although Cesare Borgria is believed to have lived from 1475 to 1507.



posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
the second picture is from the sixth century although Cesare Borgria is believed to have lived from 1475 to 1507.


Exactly - which is why I said I think that it is just a coincidence that some of the images of Christ look like Cesare Borgia.

If you look at the pictures below, there is a definite resemblance between the second Christ image and that of Cesare Borgia. However, that particular picture of Christ was created in the late 6th century.


Obviously it couldn't be a picture of Cesare Borgia.



posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
And as you can see, all the picutres are frauds.

12I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man,"[2] dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

Frauds.



posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Colonel,

that passage doesn't convince me but thanks for putting it up though, good stuff.



posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
And as you can see, all the picutres are frauds.

12I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man,"[2] dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

Frauds.


we know that, but your the person who brought out the point that the white jesus looks like Cesare



posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
im younger that 13 and i don't really kno about the world yet. But i kno enuf to always dout something that is not totally proven, wright or wrong. I believe in jesus to a point. But there is some dout in my mind, I hope when i grow older i will kno for sure. but no one really knos. There is to much in common w/ cesare bogire that i don;t thin k that it is a coincedince.




top topics



 
0

log in

join