It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98% sure Hostile Aliens dont exist.(or if they do they most certainly dont have interstellar travel

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
What better motivation for uniting a hostile race is there than to know there are other races out there to conquer?

I'd say the chances of hostile races capable of interstellar travel existing is equal to that of their peaceful counterparts. People say, "But look at humanity! Surely we'll never achieve the ability to travel throughout the Universe until we love one another! We will destroy ourselves very soon!", but I don't think that's the case. War drives humanity to achieve higher technological standards, and although it appears we're on the brink of destruction, we'll probably never get to the point where humanity is on the endangered species list as a result of war. Not directly, anyway.

If an alien race believes itself to be superior to humanity, they may very well be our enemies. They'll either attempt to treat us like children, or like science experiments. Either way, we won't appreciate their presence and may unite under a single banner to combat a perceived threat. In my opinion, it would be better to assume all alien races are hostile until they prove otherwise. I'd rather be wrong about them being hostile than wrong about them being friendly.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Lot's of you are right and lot's of you are wrong, good thread.

I will say the entire Earth is Monitored and battle has been done with ones that do want to do us harm.

Earth has lot's of goodies...........

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Okay this is ridiculous to think that for one its an alien race they are alien they could have went down an entirely different path then we do they could see war as we see peace we cannot truly comprehend a alien intelligent s or they could see us as irrelevant or they could be peaceful

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Aliens could be hostile for a number of reasons we could be a food source for all we know or we could be in there way say they need resources and we are in the way of that or as others have said we could be seen as a infestation to be dealt with and if they are truely alien they would not have the same concept of reason and make war

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

umm....no you're not. You've borrowed ideas, or bought ideas from every other nation in the world - made them better YES, but aren't the most technologically advanced earthlings........it's a global thing - jump aboard

OMG the arrogance!!

[edit on 11-5-2009 by tawewe]

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join