It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98% sure Hostile Aliens dont exist.(or if they do they most certainly dont have interstellar travel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Hi, guys

im starting this thread to help tone things down on alot of threads ive seen about "oooo invaders,oooo hostile aliens,destroying earth" etc etc etc

Well i want to make a few things clear.

Of course these r my opinions and u dont have to read them. but i ask for no flames or nasty , snide remarks. thank you

Ok....so the question ive heard alot "are aliens hostile? would they make slaves of us? would they destroy earth" and so on.

Well i think Not. and i will tell you why

Because ANY race of aliens life that has lived long enough to achieve Interstellar Travel would have LONG since abandoned Wars,Terror,Poverty,and Crime. maybe even so that religions dont exist (since religion is the 90% cause of most wars today)

and i think the idea of a race of beings that has come millions of light years just to cause a war is pretty absurd.

Humanity believe it or not HAS been on the virge of destroying itself quite a few times,because of wars,nuclear bombs etc(Cold War...if that would have happened ...i mean if USA and Russia would have sent nukes at each other there would be no life on earth right now)

Pls feel free to comment my opinions and ideas.

Nuthin But Peace -Mayan

[edit on 4/9/2007 by Mayan2012]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
That is pretty reductionistic, Mayan. First, you are assuming that non-imperialism is always the path of an advanced species, regardless of the circumstances. Second, you fail to consider the possibility that a span of "millions of light years" (do you not know there is a star a little over four light years away that is potentially supportive of life?) could not be bridged by advanced race in mere minutes.

Way too many conclusions on much too shaky ground.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
thanks for the comment but like i said , its my opinion .and this thread is open to all skeptism.

ill give u an example

The Romans. they died out because they tried to conquer everyone and finally got beaten.)

My point is ...i dont think life can live long enough to get interstellar travel unless they have wiped out all terrorism,war and hostility.

Peace -Mayan

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
We Americans are the most technologically advanced civilization known and we certainly haven't done any of those things.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
we are beginning to to learn. did u know the ISS (international Space Station) is Involving several countries/nations? without them we couldnt have done it.

so Non-imperialism IS the key to interstellar travel...we wont succeed if wars dont get wiped out

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
i honestly Do not believe there is a Hostile Space Treavelling Alien species out there. im sorry but to me it sounds absurd

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I think your thesis is generally true, but to say that it is always true under all situations is impossible to prove and probably wrong.

Then again, this, too, is my opinion.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
i totally respect everyone's opinions....thats why i made a thread lol

i WANT to hear peoples perspectives on things. and yes...i wont say there ISNT hostile (space travelling) aliens out there...BUT i am almost 100% sure there arent.

it just doesnt seem logical to ME lol

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I honestly hope that your hypothesis is correct. I've often thought about the same issues that you have. I DO feel that we as a planet act like a bunch of savages, and I would hope that as we advance, we would realize that war is completely unecessary, barbaric, and counterproductive.

However, there is no way for us to tell what intentions other civilizations that may visit have. Actually, we still can't prove that we're even being visited at all.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I think hypothetically a primitive race could get ahold of advanced technology and become space pirates.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
It seems We as a Planet need to work together to make interstellar travel a reality.

and the only way that will happen is if War vanishes , and everything is peaceful.

believe it or not,but if this wars continue and we get our hands on more destructive weapons we could bloody well blow ourselves to smithereens. Iran and Israel are on the verge of Annihilating themselves already,think about that on a worldwide scale.....we will not last if wars continue....we need PEACe to succeed in space exploration
we MUST have peace its the ONLY way...Nasa isnt getting good funding...the Government is spending it All on Military Weapons and crap....

*EDIT* also do u have any idea how much money we have spent on the war in Iraq ????? We could have used that to fund nasa,s research...or SETI

-Peace -Mayan

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Mayan, when taken a per capita scale, wars do very little to put a dent in the human population. Consider the deadliest conflict ever-WWII. It killed roughly 50 million people, a number that might seem large but is in fact trivial in light of the fact that there were 2 billion humans alive at the time. I don't like war, but I hardly expect it to go away anytime soon or for it to lead to the destruction of the human race.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayan2012
we are beginning to to learn. did u know the ISS (international Space Station) is Involving several countries/nations? without them we couldnt have done it.

Totally false.

Try slicing some of the funds off the USA.mil yearly budget and you would have been able to put up multiple ISSs.

The ISS has roughly cost 100 billion dollars (probably an overestimate given the websites I viewed). The 2006 USA.mil budget was roughly 600 billion dollars.

The USA.gov.mil could have put multiple ISSs in orbit, instead they choose the path of being global warmongers.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I don't support American military imperialism but this old moral high-horse treatment by non-Americans is getting pretty old. If any other country were anywhere near as powerful as America is now they'd be raping the world, too.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Mayan, when taken a per capita scale, wars do very little to put a dent in the human population. Consider the deadliest conflict ever-WWII. It killed roughly 50 million people, a number that might seem large but is in fact trivial in light of the fact that there were 2 billion humans alive at the time. I don't like war, but I hardly expect it to go away anytime soon or for it to lead to the destruction of the human race.

are u really so ignorant NOT to REALIZE the fact that as we advance in technology so does WARFARE....can u imagine a terrorist in 30 years with the power to destroy several cities in 1 explosion????????\\

We will not live long enough to reach Alpha Centauri ,or any other staar,galaxy for that matter if we continue to have terrorism and Wars ! lol

and on that note id like to keep this thread back on topic....aliens that have achieved it will have long since been rid of Wars ! Hostility ! Terrorism ! lol

its simply not logicallllll !

-Mayan

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
really really really think about it =/ i used to think aliens could be hostile...but there's absolutely no reason for it if u have the technology to travel to other galaxies and so forth

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
It is as simple as this: If they are indeed lifeforms from another planet than there will always be the black sheep.

Even if they are a peaceful, embracing empire it doesn't stop opposed-minded aliens rebelling and abducting people / mutilating cattle etc etc.

It is if lifeforms like that get into power that you start to worry *cough GWB cough*

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
lol well,if aliens do have the technology to reach other star sytems,and galaxies and they are peaceful,and there are "black sheep" on their homeworld im sure they dont have the means to get to us...because just like the US governenment , they will have something similar to where not just anyone can get to space.

solves the black sheep problem

in fact...thats like saying Al Quaida can go to other planets and terrorize them. not gonna happpen lol

-Mayan

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
You so sure about that, Mayan? For the most advanced societies, interstellar travel might be trivially cheap.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
ok Fine ! there might be a few hostile aliens that terrorize places ...just as al quaida would.....BUT that does NOT mean there's an armada fleet of ships from planet to planet invading and destroying.

Absurd !

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join