It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I'm Tired of the Illegal Alien "Debate"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I've never posted here, but here goes.

I am SO tired of people defending illegal aliens!!!!

Their situation sucks, they don't have a choice, etc.

So what?!

Many, many, many Americans feel the same way, and they rob and steal and sell drugs to put food on the table... and guess what?

We have no sympathy for them, and they're actual Americans.

When border agents Ramos and Campillan are found guilty for shooting an illegal alien drug smuggler, in THE BUTT, and get five years in prison, but young black men are shot and KILLED by police every single day and those same police officers barely get a slap on the wrist, something is terribly wrong with this country.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Here, here! Waving my beer, beer!

I wouldn't mind immagrants if they would come to this country and appreciate the grants and help from the government that us United States born people don't qualify for. We pay the taxes and they benifit from it.

Where I live they all drive luxurary cars and have highend house to live in and they treat us with the old beatup chevy's like we owe them there luxurous lifestyle.

Granted not all immagrant get government grants to start a new life, but nobody that is a natural born citizen qualifies for anything.

It's all about politics and what makes the country look good!

Plus after 9/11 everyone was threatened to hire mostly immagrants and to outsource the work. For three years straight where I live it was very rare to see a white or black man working. It was all mexicans, asians and indians.

No one wants to admit that 9/11 scared the whole country, but thier actions show different.

They have also taken all the backup jobs away. Like in my line of work. Apartment maintenance, fence building carpentry etc. The jobs that I used to get when I was having problem getting a skilled job. There is no back up work and they are now starting to take over all the other jobs also.

Don't get me started on there lack of respect about learning the countries language! Total disrespect. They are leeching off this country and don't have to show anyone any appreciation.

Just unbelievable how they sing the oh poor is me act to get their free government money. Know, I'm not talking about the ones that are only on welfare. They are just like the rest of us. Stuck with no way out.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
you know, to be honest, I really felt for most illegal aliens for a long time.

One of the things that is just breaking it for me though is what seems to me them going above and beyond demanding amnesty and really hell bent on just taking over the country? Am I just being paranoid? I dont know...It seems like our government bends over backwords for the mexican government and gets nothing but spit on in return.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I don't think you are being parry! It's B.S. the hand outs they get and they act like they deserve it. They all think because we are Americans that we have lived a posh life when it's the other way around!

We don't get crap and struggle because we were born in this country not somewhere else.

Let them work hard for what they have and they would respect others alot more.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by Modemizer]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
You know, I felt for them too. In fact, I still do, but that has no bearing on why I'm mad. I'm mad because it looks like our government is completely willing to fix a situation we did not create.

Meanwhile, raising the minimum wage is like pulling teeth, and let's not even get into affirmative action... which would actually help to fix a problem we did create.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Illegal aliens are a strain on all levels of government and they simply shouldn't be tolerated anymore. The people most impacted by the illegal problems are actually predominately blacks and other minorities who may be unskilled, but still are real citizens and deserve legal wages and working conditions. Legal immigrants from Eastern Europe etc. who are all playing by the rules are also hurt. The only people who benefit are big corporations who get dirt cheap labor while having to provide below par, even illegal, working conditions and pay.

All Americans, no matter what race, color, or creed should be against illegal immigration wholeheartedly. If it's true that the American labor pool can't meet the demand for labor at a fair price, then yes, some type of guest worker program needs to be implemented. But with the current situation, it's hard to tell what's going on and what the true supply and demand for labor at legal wages & conditions truly is.

Any corporation and corporate officer should be held at the fullest extent of the criminal laws already on the books regarding hiring illegals until we can determine the real demand, and issue the proper visas, for foreign laborers and craft laws to meet the demand that are fair to wannabe U.S. immigrants from all over the world, not just Mexico and other Latin American nations.

My $0.02

[edit on 4/11/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I, too, am tired of the illegal alien mockery that the MSM has made so abundantly pathetic.

I remember reading somewhere ( i WISH i could remember where) where its now illegal for Citizens of the united states, to stage, on our OWN soil, a meeting place for illegal aliens under pretenses that we'd offer them a job...and really just turn them into immigration patrol.

Its illegal now, to turn in criminals

shocking.

I agree with you, that its pathetic that border agents go to jail for shooting a criminal in the buttocks, but innocent people get shot in gas station robberies, car jackings, and drug busts every day....nothing is said the more about it.

condemn a man for doing his job, and help out a man breaking the law. talk about sickening hipocrisy.

One of the funniest things i've ever seen was a video on youtube (forgot the title) where a guy picks up a bunch of real - life illegal aliens, and drives right up to the building that says "american immigration" or whatever

He starts yelling "MIGRA MIGRA"

the illegal aliens jumped out of the back of the truck and hi-tailed it out of there. I laughed for days

in fact

i just chuckled again.

oh man what a hoot

but thats illegal now.

Pity, really.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I agree. It takes credibility away from hard working people(like my parents) that actually came legit. They do nothing more then steal jobs for less money, and cheat the system. Those 2 border agents...I can't believe they are still locked up. The Bush administration could have let them go but decided not to. It is kind of sad that someone trying to help out the community got sent to jail.

top topics

join