It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are We Really?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
There is a myth that the shaman and the people of the tribe could not see Columbus boats when the arrived of the coast of Hispaniola.

In 1492, Columbus landed on the island of Hispaniola, now the countries of Haiti and the Dominican Republic. Until Columbus’ arrival, the islanders had only seen and heard of small boats—like their own canoes. The tribe had never seen nor heard of large ocean-going sea craft. So when the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria arrived, the natives couldn’t see the big ships of Christopher Columbus! And the vessels were floating in plain sight right off shore!

www.thedream.com...

Its a fascinating story and I think it goes to the heart of this thread. We can only see what we believe to be real. If you do not believe something to be real then how can you see it? Since it is not our eyes that see but it is our brain that creates the image and interprets what we see.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I agree with you Realtruth, I believe all matter has energy, if energy is eternal, then energy is god, the creater of matter, "the big bang"?.

Some people claim that when a person dies, he/she weighs less then he/she did when they were alive, it seem that the soul has weight, energy has weight.

I always wonder why ghost hunters used special electro magnetic meters and cameras to detect and record spiritual encounters, if ghost were mostly energy, then I guess they would show up on these special equipment.

Maybe ghost that want to be seen by the average human changes their form by vibrating their energy to a level which normal humans can see them but are not solid enough to form matter.

I think that human psychic are people who are able to sense energy fields. They are able to tell if an spirit entity is powerful, hostile or friendly, by the aura that they produce?

If everything was energy, it would be very important to study energy as it might protect us from others who would seek to use this knowledge/form against us, a possible solution to protect us from high tech energy using aliens or hostile ghost entities.

[edit on 9-4-2007 by ixiy]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Realtruth-

I understand what you're saying, ( good topic BTW ), but at that level are we not just looking at the "building blocks"?

Yes we are vibrating energy, but what makes us, " us ", is much more than that is it not?

It's like saying that a building, and a wall are the same thing because they are really just bricks & mortar. You're taking it a step further & saying that even the bricks & mortar themselves are just "vibrating energy", which I agree with you, they are. . .

My point is that unless you look at things at a higher level, then you are not seeing the more complex entity, ( humans, UFO's, buildings, walls, etc. ).

You're just looking at the building blocks that make up everything. This energy exists yes, but it doesn't think at that level.

Are you saying that this vibrating energy is conscious? Aware & able to manipulate it's enviorment?

Again good topic!

2PacSade-

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth Looking through the electron microscope we find everything is energy this can be confirmed by anyone.

This makes no sense. I'm guessing you're not well versed on the ins and outs of electron microscopy. The electron microscope does not, in any way, shape, or form, reveal "a mass of vibrating energy." An electron microscope can image something very very tiny, and it uses an electron beam, with magnetic "lenses" to do the imaging, instead of reflected light, but it's still an image of solid matter. By the very nature of the way an electron microscope works, any image from an electron microscope is matter. Almost every type of electron microscope, except for an environmental scanning electron microscope, must be prepared by spraying on a nanoscopic layer of conductive material, such as gold, onto the sample to be imaged.

Here's an example of an image taken from a scanning electron microscope.

External Link

As you can see, you can easily distinguish that the subject is in fact, a solid ant; not vibrating energy.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Are you saying that this vibrating energy is conscious? Aware & able to manipulate it's enviorment?

For me I think that is exactly what is happening.

All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force... We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter. Max Planck

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

The electron microscope does not, in any way, shape, or form, reveal "a mass of vibrating energy." An electron microscope can image something very very tiny, and it uses an electron beam, with magnetic "lenses" to do the imaging, instead of reflected light, but it's still an image of solid matter.

I think the point being made by the OP is that all matter is made from energy and the atoms that make up all matter are 99.99999% empty space. So there is really only energy. As for the type of microscope used to see that is really irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
OK! You and I are on the same page here. Here is another example of what I am talking about in a very basic and simple experiment.

Take a tuning fork all at 128 Hz, well lets just take 20 of them but we bring in a tone generator capable of generating all tones up to 20,000 Hz. I take all 20 of the tuning forks and place them on a table behind me so I can not see any of them.

I bring in someone that has not seen any of the 20 tuning forks on the table behind me. I keep this person focused on the tone generator with their back to the other forks. I slowly increase the sound incrementally from 50 Hz to the 128 Hz in segments of ten, but nothing happens until I hit 128 Hz.

What happens? Amazing all 20 forks start to vibrate at the same time when I reach 128 Hz. The person turns and sees and hears and can feel all 20 forks humming at 128Hz.

Why does this happen? because the matter is tuned to that specific frequency. Now this experiment is only for audible, but what about our other senses? what about every other piece of matter, in order to know it is there shouldn't we have to be vibrating at the same frequency?

Maybe frequencies are like a cell phone number or a cable channel, we need to tune into them in order to be able to acknowledge or experience other vibrational states.

This is all theory now folks.

Maybe people are getting sick of the same old channel and frequencies and that is why people are starting to see UFO's more and more, because they are tuning in to different channels.

Originally posted by 2PacSade
Realtruth-

I understand what you're saying, ( good topic BTW ), but at that level are we not just looking at the "building blocks"?

Yes we are vibrating energy, but what makes us, " us ", is much more than that is it not?

It's like saying that a building, and a wall are the same thing because they are really just bricks & mortar. You're taking it a step further & saying that even the bricks & mortar themselves are just "vibrating energy", which I agree with you, they are. . .

My point is that unless you look at things at a higher level, then you are not seeing the more complex entity, ( humans, UFO's, buildings, walls, etc. ).

You're just looking at the building blocks that make up everything. This energy exists yes, but it doesn't think at that level.

Again good topic!

2PacSade-

[edit on 9-4-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Actually I didn't see the need to get technical, but here goes FYI. I just used the term electron microscope because many people know of it.

Please take your time with this information. As one poster above said the microscope issue doesn't really matter, but if you need to somehow quantify it in your mind and need a link, here it is.

Laser Spectroscopy

Laser Spectroscopy in Molecular Beams

Spectroscopy, the interaction of light with matter, is a tool to determine the structure and internal motions (vibrations and rotations) of molecules. We employ a highly sensitive laser spectroscopic technique, called cavity ring-down spectroscopy, to examine specific vibrational motions of organic molecules in the gas phase. Spectra of large molecules taken at room temperature are often too crowded or even featureless due to the large number of excited internal motions. We reduce this internal excitation by cooling the molecules in a supersonic beam. The molecular beam intersects the laser and allows us to measure spectra of cold molecules which reveal the detail of individual vibrational modes.

Originally posted by BlaznRob

This makes no sense. I'm guessing you're not well versed on the ins and outs of electron microscopy.

[edit on 9-4-2007 by Realtruth]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join