It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Canadian troops killed in Afghanistan.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Link

KABUL (Reuters) - Six Canadian soldiers were killed and two wounded in southern Afghanistan on Sunday when their vehicle was blown up by a roadside bomb in the worst attack on 33,000-strong NATO multinational force fighting Taliban insurgents in several months.

The Canadian defense ministry said the incident happened west of Kandahar, the heartland of support for the Taliban.

"I can confirm they are Canadian but the identities have not been released," Lt. Morgan Bailey said from Canada's capital, Ottawa.

Separately, a NATO soldier was killed and another wounded by a similar bomb elsewhere in the volatile south of the country, according to a NATO spokeswoman who did not specify precisely where the attack took place.

RIP to them. Looks like they using the same tactics as the insurgents in Iraq more and more.

[edit on 8-4-2007 by deltaboy]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
RIP.

We suffered a similar tragedy this week with the loss of 4 in Iraq due to a road side IED. Two of the dead were women. 2 more were killed in sniper shoots.

Makes me wish I'd been a bit less sparing on the ammo in Helmand.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Just before I nodded off last night, I heard this on the news. They did not name names, but I hold my breaht as I venture over to read the link and see if any names are mentioned.

No names have been released as of yet. The waiting game begins. Coming from a small community where I have several friends overseas... I just begin to walk and think in circles when I see these headlines.

My thoughts and opinions on all of this nonsense aside, I hope these brave men & women can rest in peace for the rest of their days.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hi deltaboy, today I posted the same headline on the breaking news forum.
Sorry, I had noticed it was already posted by you on ATS WOT Forum until a few minutes ago.

Dallas

top topics

join