It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI Yahoo removes "discuss" option from news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Yahoo has gone to no discussion option on there news stories. A person used to be able to chat on this and debate the news from Yahoo. Yahoo is obviously agains freedom of speech, and they of course own all of your personal information.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I have to say I think your seeing conspiracy where there is none, I mean
when I actually bothered to look at the comments, if there even were any,
they really were a waste of time to read.

Besides that Yahoo! is a privately owned site, that happens to provide
news as well as work as a search engine, they are not required to provide
an avenue for discussing the news, as it is most major news sources do
not simply because it requires to much time and effort that they could
better use doing other things.

Now, that said I do like the idea of having a place to discuss news,
especially at the source so to speak, but I don't expect every group
that acts as a news outlet to provide such.

And besides, that's what places like ATS are for.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I totally agree with you about the postings on yahoo being nonsense, and as a matter of fact , they were downright insulting, and disturbing at times. Yahoo is a MAJOR website that had a place for the people of the world to speak about news and stories. ATS is great, but people I know are afraid to go here.Yahoo is on every computer everyday.

It was a voice, now its just a untouchable giant propaganda machine.

I see conspiracy everywhere, because it is everywhere, and has permeated this planet for a long time. Consolodation of power into few hands is the ultimate display of the egoic mind. Consolodation is Lucifer. Its "Me me me"
Look at the Luciferian symbolism all around us. I have seen numerous masonic halls with the pentagram proudly displayed over the door. Look at the Dodge company, there ram symbol sure looks alot like Baphomet head, also why do Jeeps have the spare tire bolted to the trunk lid in a pentagram fashion? why would jeep bolt the tire on as a pentagram?Lucifer runs chrystler thats why.

It is people like myself and others who open the minds of the "3D is all there is" mind controled human, it is our job to look at the occult language and decipher it to the people being set up for this mindtrap. I protest this for the future generations to have freedom of speech. Yahoo wont let you protest this there so where better than Ats.

Yahoo is serving Lucifer by taking peoples freedom to have a voice there.
I decided to post here because the peole here are searching for answers just like i am. i would want to know about this

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Pardon me, but I don't see how anyone's freedom of speech is being violated here.

Yahoo runs its own news page. It pays for the sources, it pays for the servers to run on, it pays for the mods and IT guys to keep those servers running. And all the news is free for you to look at. Free, free, free!

Now if a part of the news page is not being cost effective, Yahoo has the right to remove it. The discuss option is a prime example of this. More often than not, such "discussion" would turn into a usless flamewar or jargon party that didn't add insight to the news and ate up bandwidth.

Same thing here on the ATS. The mods and owners of the site have a right to remove, add, or ban any part of the ATS site they see fit. Why? Because they own the site, they pay the bandwidth bills, and we post all day for free!

Besides, it's not like Yahoo is the ONLY political forum. There are tons of internet political forums out there for the left, right, center, and loony factions. Take your pick. And if that doesn't work, you can also proclaim your opinions in RL as well.

top topics

join