It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norton AntiVirus installs spyware for the CIA !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This is a good app to use also....

PeerGuardian

IP blocker...

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It's so obvious the guys selling the anti virus stuff are the same ones pumping out the viruses.

Geesh.
I will not be renewing. So where are the free downloads for rogue anti-viral?

Really, there is life without computers. I'll never forget the day the systems went down all across the city and trade came to a screaming halt. lol, Couldn't buy a book due to lack of a computerized cash registers. What ever happened to papers and pens. I was frankly astounded, remembering a day when computers didn't exist in stores. When the damn thing becomes self aware, we're finished. They've been looking for that for a while now. How to make a computer that thinks....

Probably already is one.

[edit on 13-4-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Get Kaspersky. Go!

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The best Free applications on the market.

Avast, Avast, Avast. This non-US based application is the best I have every used, it requires very little resources and updates itself daily.

I used to be a real computer geek back in my college days I used all the big names like Norton, McAfees, etc, until they all sold out and became abortion applications.

Also I use AdAware for spyware removal, which is also non-US based.

Enjoy them because they are the most widely used applications in the geek world of Windows and Linux OS.

www.avast.com...

www.lavasoftusa.com...

[edit on 13-4-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I used Avast for a while. It was alright, but mediocre compared to Kaspersky. I didn't like the interface, it felt hard to use, and how hard it was to control pop-ups.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I am going to take a look at this one, Thanks.

Originally posted by Johnmike
I used Avast for a while. It was alright, but mediocre compared to Kaspersky. I didn't like the interface, it felt hard to use, and how hard it was to control pop-ups.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
On what basis are you saying that Norton install files for the NSA. Its always been a resource hog, so is McAffee. Does that mean they have done that to. Most windows programs are resource hogs, Windows itself is a big resource hog.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Did you know Norton Internet Security stops BY DEFAULT Windows creating restore points? This is because it prevents its data files from being altered, which the Restore facility does. In order to stop this, you have to turn off the option of protection to your Symantec product, which Norton offers. Only most people don't realise that is what you have to do. So they are left with a PC that that they cannot restore to an earlier point because they find none exists!

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
I seem to remember reading somewhere, and seeing a programme a few years ago where it was stated that nearly ALL commercially available protection and encryption systems allow intel and security services access.

I remember that. It was a huge ordeal at the time. It actually prompted intel to release a tool so that people could disable it. I haven't heard a peep about anythign of the sort in ages. I don't keep up on the PC world like taht nymore, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if that feature isn't commonplace, but there exists no Intel tool to block it.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Now it's not just your antivirus! You get crap like this installed on brand new computers! Samsung may have a lawsuit coming! They're accused of installing keyloggers that take snapshots of your screen and email them out!!!

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It has been long-established that not only does your "trusted" anti-virus software spy on you, but so does the Microsoft Windows operating system itself.

When installing a machine between your computer and your internet connection, packet sniffers found often-transmitted pieces of data that seemed to be unnecessary and oddly common.

A little bit of digging showed what programs were sending these packets and where they were going. What was found was that microsoft's web browser, internet explorer, was searching the computer for installed software, and how often it was being used and sending this data back to microsoft.

Furthermore, a little reverse-engineering of ubiquitous programs like Word, Excel, and Powerpoint were searching within people's files for keywords and usable information, encrypting key areas of user's file data, and sending this information to anonymous IP addresses over the web.

Information like this can be used for industrial sabotage, to gain insight into competitor's products, industry secrets, patent information... OR be sold to the highest bidder of other parties which may be interested in such information.

Imagine spending years working on a product, a design, a patent, or a piece of written art only to find something very similar finding its way onto the market some few months before your patent application was approved. Coincidence? Probably not. You might THINK your data is secure, but if you use Windows, as the expression goes... "all your data are belong to us."

Moral of the story? If you use commercial software, YOUR COMPUTER IS NOT SAFE.

Is there a solution to this problem? YES!

Linux

edit on 30-3-2011 by 30_seconds because: clarity

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
so what do you reccomend we use to protect our computers? i've got a 2007 version of Norton Antivirus in my lap as I type this.

Kaspersky or Trend-Micro. Both are expensive and worth it. PS: keep it current, too. 2007? OMG! Bad enough it's Norton...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join