It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenish hue around weird astronaut picture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Greenish hue around weird astronaut picture...What is it?

The most interesting thing to me about this photo, is when it is highly magnified there is a "green" hue to the image that can not be denied of the astronaut.

I mean common, Alien colored astronaut? Of course I'm joking, but Seriously, the greenish hue is really freaky....does anyone know why this is?

I mean "it" really could be just about anything out there with that picture and the way it looks to me. Supposedly the astronaut is wearing a "jet pack" which I didn't think was procedure. Not only that but "it" is way way way further than any astronaut has ever been from safety. All these items seem to point out interesting differences which if I were a true conspiracy theorists would be red flags. Anyway It is a very "different" picture what are you thoughts?

Are we disinformed or just photoshopped....

spaceimages.com...

Who has seen this phot? And, more importantly...Do you buy it?

-The most interesting thing to me about this photo, is when it is highly magnified there is a "green" hue to the image that can not be denied of the astronaut. Not only that but he is not tethered to the craft, which seems highly unlikely given the unforgiving tendencies of space.

I am not saying the figure is an "alien" per say, just that it may be just as likely given the photographic evidence. An interesting depiction of a supposed astronaut. And these are "official" pictures.

This is also seen further away from the confines and safety of his ship than any previous astronaut has ever been. This space first, was claimed to be made possible by the Manned Manuevering Unit or MMU, a nitrogen jet propelled backpack. After a series of test maneuvers inside and above Challenger's payload bay, McCandless went "free-flying" to a distance of 320 feet away from the Orbiter.

I really just want to know what the heck the "greenish" hue is all about.

jra

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Here's a higher res than what your link had. upload.wikimedia.org... I don't see much of a greenish hue. Earth light is reflecting off of him, so that could be creating a subtle green colour. But I'm not really seeing it, not to the degree that it looks odd or out of place anyway.

And the MMU hasn't been used since the Challenger disaster. It was only tested a few times, but deemed too risky.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
The MMU would be too risky, if you can do all work off the space station or out of the shuttle bay. Someday they will need such devices to do work away from those two structures and then the MMU will be revamped and upgraded(on a risk vs. reward basis).

JRA, they are going to say that foto of the astronaut is faked because no stars are visible in it.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The only green I could see was in the lower part of the astronaut's visor (and possibly a little on his uppers torso). It's easier to see in jra's version of the photo, rather than in the OP.

Is it possible that the Earth's blueness may look a little green when reflected in the amber-colored sun visor?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I also am failing to see this greenish hue around the astronaut. Your monitor mixed with the slight lack of sharpness due to being slightly out of focus of the astronaut would by my guess of the culprit of causing the green hue.

Also the reason for no stars visible in the sky is due to the daylight picture of the Earth. It drowns out the faint light from the distance sources. There is actually a DIY method of verifying this. Just takes a weather balloon and a high quality camera..

Nova 1 photo gallery.
Picture of starless sky
Picture of starless sky 2
Picture of starless sky 3

Nova 1 Report

[edit on 9-4-2007 by bluesquareapple]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Ok. The higher res link is awesome. And you are right the greenish hint is the helmet and maybe some other stuff. And although it still looks fake to me I guess it's the real deal.

top topics

join