It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Short story,Author?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Anyone know the origins of this story,read it years ago.I'm pretty sure it was a famous author.

The story goes:in the future we travel vast distances,and have to be put into "hibernation/cryogenically frozen?" to make it to the destination alive.

A mother and son are making a trip and the kid,he's like 10yrs old,thinks it would be fun to hold his breath while they administer the knockout gas(which puts you to sleep for the duration,often 1000 years or more)

Cut to the destination,and they open up the kids chamber and he's laying there with mad grey Einstein like hair,laughing maniacally.

Anyone know it?

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I think it's a short novel from Stephen King, which is probably in "Midnight" or in a short story book. I'm pretty sure it's him. I remember cause i red it years ago, and i remember the end when the parents realize their son held his breath !!!!!!! It traumatized me a little, as i was only 12.

Hope i have helped you

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Brilliant thanks.I'll check that out it could very well be him.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It is Stephen King, and as well as I remember, it was in Nightmares and Dreamscapes... or one of his other collections. Quite the scary story.

new topics

top topics

join